Violence: Who Taught You? - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Violence: Who Taught You?

Old 07-08-2015, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Violence: Who Taught You?

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
Here's a map of states that allow corporal punishment in schools btw:

See also the south as ME thread.
I was paddled once in 7th grade. We were playing the "ouch" game where you punch each other as hard as you can. We were sitting on top of some retractable bleachers. I hit this kid Joseph so hard that he fell off the bleachers. He started crying. He told on us, and we all got paddled by our six-fingered vice principal. I remember the paddle had holes in it. Then Joseph got his *** beat again by me when we got off the bus for running his mouth. It's a vicious cycle.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 5SpdH22 View Post
more proof that cops are not your friends. even when they're your dad.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Was gonna make a new thread, but I remember this one.

For those of you that hit your children, (regardless of a light spanking or a heavy beating) how would you react, if they chose to hit you back? One of my guys is having problems because his SIL was hitting his 7 year old son (my guy's grandchild), and the boy swung back at the SIL and the SIL hurt the boy. Now the SIL has been hiding in the woods in Russell county for a few days because well that's probably the smartest thing for him to do at the moment.

IMHO, every living creature has a right to defend itself. Regardless of their relationship to you. So how do you handle a child that hits back?

Edit: The child doesn't turn 7 until March. So almost 7. Pretty tiny kid.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:53 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Who taught me? The damn streets! JK, only been in two fights and they were like 10 seconds each. First time my friend was fighting this one kid while I stood by and watched and when he started to get his *** kicked I jumped in and we destroyed the kid. It's actually really funny now that I think about it. Second time I was jumped and my friends jumped in and it was over within 10-15 seconds on school ground. I was never hit as a child, only time I remember my parents being violent towards me was when my dad was real angry at me and he pointed his finger in my face then kinda pushed my fact with it haha it made me real angry but that was about it.

Now that I'm older and hate everyone, every time I go out it's a struggle to hold back from murdering stupid people. Vicious cycle I'm in now.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:57 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Don't hit your child┐

There are other ways to teach children. It doesn't have to be through violence and fear.

I'd say good job kid for not taking that ****
Old 01-11-2019, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CAN97SH View Post
Don't hit your child┐

There are other ways to teach children. It doesn't have to be through violence and fear.

I'd say good job kid for not taking that ****
Old 01-11-2019, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
Here's a map of states that allow corporal punishment in schools btw:

See also the south as ME thread.
No surprises there...
Old 01-11-2019, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

I was spanked a couple of times and was threatened by my dad a couple of times, but never anything serious. What bothered me the most was all the yelling and arguing that my parents did. It's not physical violence, but the yelling and arguing you hear from your parents does take a toll as well. I think that's why to this day I absolutely hate arguing and often just retreat or say nothing when things start to boil up. Some people thrive in these kinds of situations, but I despise it.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:12 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

I am the George McFly of confrontations
Old 01-11-2019, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I was spanked a bunch as a child by both my mom and dad. They were hit with belts as kids so they probably thought spanking was not that bad . I had some serious temper issues as a kid (I believe as a result of being dumped off at daycare mostly but spanking didnt help). I never got into serious fights with other kids, but I would throw some bad tantrums in response to punishments from my parents for things. I ended up destroying the bedroom side of my door lol. Also when I turned about 11-12 ish, my dad was giving me hell for something and I basically raged out at him and let him know if he touched me I would fight back. Never had a problem after that lol.

Because of that, I am doing the exact opposite with my kids. My wife stays home so they aren't going to be at daycare, and we've both agreed corporal punishment is basically abuse (she was hit with 2x4s in the back as a kid, yeah really). She shared a good meme I think relates:

Either we spend time meeting children's emotional needs by filling their cup with love or we spend time dealing with the behaviors caused from their unmet needs. Either way we spend the time"
Old 01-11-2019, 05:13 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Originally Posted by 09chaplak View Post
I am the George McFly of confrontations
You are a Peeping Tom that spies on women from a tree?
Old 01-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

If confrontations are people who spy on girls changing clothes while in a tree then yes I am.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:17 AM
Don't believe the rumors

Anyone who thinks you need to hit your kid to get them to behave is a dipshit.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:24 AM
Nu Sigma Alpha

Where is 1 2 NV? Doesn't he beat his kids?
Old 01-11-2019, 05:25 AM
Don't believe the rumors

Wife would literally call the cops if I ever put a hand on the kid and vice versa. **** is trashy AF.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:26 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Violence is in my nature. Being black and all.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:28 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
Violence is in my nature. Being black and all.
The force is strong with this one.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 AM
something gnarly

Originally Posted by K.F14 View Post
Where is 1 2 NV? Doesn't he beat his kids?

but... yea.

Originally Posted by crawdad689 View Post
Wife would literally call the cops if I ever put a hand on the kid and vice versa. **** is trashy AF.
the dad is the cops
Old 01-11-2019, 05:55 AM
0x5359-0055

Originally Posted by rockcity View Post
I can't help but think that he is just recreating himself when he hits his child.
Unfortunately, our biggest source of guidance for being parents is often our own parents. You may have hated how they raised you and swear to never do the things they did, and you may be able to not do very specific things like perpetrating physical violence, but there will be more times than you can count where you'll see your parents in yourself while raising children. It's a little scary at times but can also be cathartic when you realize your kids will someday be where you are now and will likely come to many of the same realizations about their parents and their own childhood.

Cliffs: vicious cycles
Old 01-11-2019, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My mom is Haitian, dad is Puerto rican. I got my *** beat as a child. That's how they were raised... My grandma was one of the hardest ****'s you would meet.

I wouldn't hit my child though. Maybe a quick spank on the ***, but I would never resort to the belt.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:52 AM
talks to himself

Looney Toons
Old 01-11-2019, 07:01 AM
footwork mastery

Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
No, I was spanked as a child and have never acted violent towards another person.

Fighting outside of self defense is for Neanderthals. No offense. I don't think I have ever felt threatened in my life.
nailed it
Old 01-11-2019, 07:13 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Originally Posted by 09chaplak View Post
The force is strong with this one.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:20 AM
Reborn_

In response to the bump question, my sister and I were open hand slapped in the face when warranted. My dad would leave it at that, but as we grew older, my mom would leave it at that with me, but not with my sister. It could get pretty out of hand sometimes. Anyway, when I was about 15 (and sister 17), things were getting out of hand as my sister tried to flee the house. We were in the garage and my mom was pulling her hair and throwing punches (my sister was not fighting back). I had enough and stepped up ready to fight, pushed my mom back, and she flew back half the garage lol. She started to come at me and I think she saw that I was ready to knock her *** out. She thought better of it, and my sister left. It wasn't the last time she fucked with my sister, but she never came at me again, ever. So how should you respond? I think you need to look at it honestly and assess the child's resistance to punishment vs. self-protection.

And going back to the origins of this thread, my sister has a step daughter and does not hit her at all, lol.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
In response to the bump question, my sister and I were open hand slapped in the face when warranted. My dad would leave it at that, but as we grew older, my mom would leave it at that with me, but not with my sister. It could get pretty out of hand sometimes. Anyway, when I was about 15 (and sister 17), things were getting out of hand as my sister tried to flee the house. We were in the garage and my mom was pulling her hair and throwing punches (my sister was not fighting back). I had enough and stepped up ready to fight, pushed my mom back, and she flew back half the garage lol. She started to come at me and I think she saw that I was ready to knock her *** out. She thought better of it, and my sister left. It wasn't the last time she fucked with my sister, but she never came at me again, ever. So how should you respond? I think you need to look at it honestly and assess the child's resistance to punishment vs. self-protection.

And going back to the origins of this thread, my sister has a step daughter and does not hit her at all, lol.
Wow thats crazy lol

But yeah pretty much violence as a means of discipline is worthless once your kids get big enough to kick your ***, so why even start?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Violence: Who Taught You?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.