Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undershirts Too Short? (Important) (Help)

Old 04-10-2019, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Undershirts Too Short? (Important) (Help)

I usually wear those ribbed a-shirts (also referred to as "tank top style undershirts ") underneath my t-shirts. They help keep my t-shirts cleaner longer especially in the summertime when sitting on a hot car seat causes your back to get a little sweaty.

I've been wearing the Hanes ones for years however I've noticed the quality is getting worse and worse right out of the bag. Not only do they basically fall apart/tear after a few washes but the material is cheaper and, worst of all, the shirts have gotten shorter and shorter over the years. It's gotten to the point where my a-shirts barely tuck into my jeans even though I'm a relatively svelte 6' 170lb human.

Does anyone else have this problem? What are some good brands I should look into that fit good, are made of quality materials, and most importantly are long enough to tuck in?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:31 AM
Cole Trickle

Default Re: Undershirts Too Short? (Important) (Help)

I have this problem with regular t-shirts tbh (I am long torso 6' svelte lad). The only shirts I've found that are long enough either come from sneaker/skate shops or are H&M slim fit.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All the undershirts I ever liked were random clearance or TJ Maxx (and similar) stuff that vanished without a trace after I bought a pack.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 AM
I like to party

I rock the costco undershirts. They too have gone down in quality over the years. IDK, it's just an undershirt, I don't really care.

Also, you guys should try wearing mens sizes, I am not surprised that smalls and mediums don't fit grown males.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
I have this problem with regular t-shirts tbh (I am long torso 6' svelte lad). The only shirts I've found that are long enough either come from sneaker/skate shops or are H&M slim fit.
I have a shorter torso and never really have an issue with short t-shirts which further proves that Hanes needs to keep their **** tight and stop with this short undershirt nonsense.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:44 AM
something gnarly

asos longline
Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-10-2019, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

Not svelte, no problems. Regular t shirts work just fine. Some wife beaters like to ride up and I bought some and now I never wear them.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 5SpdH22 View Post
asos longline
Don't see any ribbed a-shirts. I'm looking for "wife beaters" (I hate that term and think it's ******* lame but I guess that's what they're most commonly referred to as)
Old 04-10-2019, 06:52 AM
I like to party

Originally Posted by RodWolf19 View Post
I need it to not be baggy under my dress shirts though, so small it is
Dem feels

I've actually lost a bit of weight lately, so I'm like right inbetween a a large and medium in undershirts. Schmedium is too tight, but large is a little baggy for slim fitting shirts.

Nothing left to do but keep trying to fit in a medium I guess. That, or get a milkshake for lunch.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Touching My Member

Amazon Basics WB's are pretty good for the monies.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
Dem feels

I've actually lost a bit of weight lately, so I'm like right inbetween a a large and medium in undershirts. Schmedium is too tight, but large is a little baggy for slim fitting shirts.

Nothing left to do but keep trying to fit in a medium I guess. That, or get a milkshake for lunch.
I feel you there, I was about to bump up to a medium but decided to try and rectify my diet, yogurt isn't as filling as a burrito in the morning.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:59 AM

Yes, the quality of Hanes and Fruit of Looms under Ts have really gone down. The new ones are like garbage. I now sport Jockey brand from Kohls. They hold up a lot better and cost a lot more. But I got what I paid for.

I would also buy from a higher line store than Walmart, Target, Costco, etc. It's not the same as they often build the shirts to the price point.

The same CK jeans you find at Costco, is not the same CK at (pick your store) Macy's, or should I say at CK Store. The same with Levis. There is a reason why CK jeans cost $79 at Macy's vs $29 at Costco. It's not just the markup. And not because Costco is a bulk dealer.

If you do like Hanes, try buying from higher level store. It's not apples vs apples.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Video Game Collector

Dude, I'm having the same EXACT problem! XL A-shirts are too wide and Large A-Shirts (specifically the Hanes brand) have shrunken up and come untucked from time to time.

I went to TJMax and found some Ecko ones that were $8 for a 3 pack. Looked pretty high quality and marked down significantly. So far though a few weeks of washes the length has been much better and they are noticeably higher quality than the Hanes.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
I rock the costco undershirts. They too have gone down in quality over the years. IDK, it's just an undershirt, I don't really care.

Also, you guys should try wearing mens sizes, I am not surprised that smalls and mediums don't fit grown males.
!st thought that came to mind.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:14 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Originally Posted by tron_ View Post

I've been wearing the Hanes ....
smdh

Does anyone else have this problem?
Nah, fam.

Don't see any ribbed a-shirts. I'm looking for "wife beaters"

Watch the Macy's/Dillards sales, get you some bogo/bogo half off RL Polo ribbed a-shirts(Christmas time and late summer seem to be when to get the best deals). You are about 12 pounds lighter than me. I wear L, and that's what you'll want as well. Buy them, wash them, and then dry them for long period on low heat. They will be the perfect length to avoid all the problems you describe. Plus, they hold their form/shape A LOT longer than any FoL/Hanes type stuff.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:43 AM
They let me pick

Hmm I wear the same and just assumed i was getting fat.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
smdh

Nah, fam.

Watch the Macy's/Dillards sales, get you some bogo/bogo half off RL Polo ribbed a-shirts(Christmas time and late summer seem to be when to get the best deals). You are about 12 pounds lighter than me. I wear L, and that's what you'll want as well. Buy them, wash them, and then dry them for long period on low heat. They will be the perfect length to avoid all the problems you describe. Plus, they hold their form/shape A LOT longer than any FoL/Hanes type stuff.

Thanks dude I appreciate the suggestion. I'll try to snag some of these on sale and try them out!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:10 AM
I took way too long

Old 04-10-2019, 02:45 PM
rookn00b

I don't wear undershirts and I don't have any Duluth Trading clothing but I've seen their commercials (funny as hell) and there's a Duluth catalog at the break room at work.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-f...ar-undershirts

"added 3" length to the body "
Old 04-10-2019, 05:22 PM
at the jetties fishin'

I came in for this. I am disappoint.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Tickle-shits

Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
I don't wear undershirts and I don't have any Duluth Trading clothing but I've seen their commercials (funny as hell) and there's a Duluth catalog at the break room at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDbS39azbM

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-f...ar-undershirts

"added 3" length to the body "
Was skeptical about Duluth until I tried a pair of their underwear, Iím a big fan now.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I wore wife beaters I always bought Staffords from JCP. Now I buy the Stafford undershirts. I love them.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Maybe wash them in coldish water and dry low? Also dry them in those mesh bags like wimmenz and they lingerie.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I get the slim fit Hanes V neck undershirts and they seem to fit well. I wear them under dress shirts for work and I like the undershirt to fit well and not be loose.

I am 5'11" with an athletic build. Size large works well and isn't too short.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.