Trumpís new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Trumpís new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

Old 02-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
GDD Member

Default Trumpís new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...tep-2018-02-12

Quote:
The White House budget proposal contains a new plan for reforming food stamps that would replace the current debit card-based system with one that directly provides American-grown foods to households.

It would radically remark the current program, which serves nearly 42 million people through whatís called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. While the White House budget as a whole has no chance of being adopted, the Trump administration has said that welfare reform will be something it plans to push this year through a Republican-held Congress.

The White House says the changes could save $214 billion over a decade.

ďThe Budget proposes to combine the traditional retail-based SNAP electronic benefit with the direct provision of nutritious and 100 percent American-grown USDA Foods to participating households. This cost-effective proposal maintains our commitment to helping needy families avoid hunger while generating substantial savings,Ē the budget said.

Households receiving $90 per month or more would get a portion in shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit, vegetables, and meat, poultry or fish. The remainder of the benefit would go onto the debit card for use at approved grocery stores.

The average monthly benefit per person was $125.79 last year. To be eligible for food stamps, the maximum gross monthly income is 130% of the federal poverty level, which for a single-person household is $12,140 and $16,460 for a household of two.

The White House adds that it wants to strengthen ďthe expectation for work among able-bodied adults and preserving the benefits for those most in need.Ē

The White House also aims to cap the federal match of administrative costs to states at the average costs per case, mandates the use of a real-time database to prevent duplicative participation across state lines, eliminates state performance bonuses and nutrition education grants and eliminates the minimum benefit for those who would otherwise qualify for less.

Food? I don't want no stinkin food. I want fountain drinks and chips from the corner store. I want the opportunity to sell my food stamps for 50 cents on the dollar like every other hard working man in America. Food should be optional, not a mandate. This bullshit is further proof that Trump is a racist! (Is it racist? Sexist? Or does this make him a xenophobe? I can't remember)
slomofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Trumpís new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

huehuehue....
tony_2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
#stillneedsadiaper

Default Re: Trumpís new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomofo View Post

Food? I don't want no stinkin food. I want fountain drinks and chips from the corner store. I want the opportunity to sell my food stamps for 50 cents on the dollar like every other hard working man in America. Food should be optional, not a mandate. This bullshit is further proof that Trump is a racist! (Is it racist? Sexist? Or does this make him a xenophobe? I can't remember)
WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH BUCKET OF FOOD?
solsisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
#stillneedsadiaper

mrw someone brings a bucket of food to my doorstep

Old 02-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Bloody Beaver

Bucket of food you say?

.Beaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member

There's going to be a lot of jordan-less people in the ghetto now..
ravinaziankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
I took way too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post
Bucket of food you say?

GOAT
slowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
KILLAB17VTEC

It's not just black people that use food stamps you know.
acmoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #9
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinaziankid View Post
****** damn right.

edit: they were already doing this in some places though.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #10
#stillneedsadiaper

Quote:
hopefully there will be less b-ball shoes and more work shoes on MLK blvd.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
#stillneedsadiaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

As of July 2016, white Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.3% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.8% of the total U.S. population, making up the largest ethnic minority. The White, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 61.3% of the nation's total, with the total White population (including White Hispanics and Latinos) being 76.9%.

so whites are 61% of americans are white but take 40% of food stamps.

"african americans" amount to 13% of the population but take 26% of food stamps.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #12
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
I know, but I only see black people or those living in the ghetto selling stamps for cash to buy jordans or things poor people don't need to survive.
ravinaziankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #13
Honda-Tech Member

This actually makes some sense, although the logistics of it is going to be challenging
LightningTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #14
KILLAB17VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsisters View Post
According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

As of July 2016, white Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.3% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.8% of the total U.S. population, making up the largest ethnic minority. The White, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 61.3% of the nation's total, with the total White population (including White Hispanics and Latinos) being 76.9%.

"african americans" amount to 13% of the population but take 26% of food stamps.
Quote:
I know, but I only see black people or those living in the ghetto selling stamps for cash to buy jordans or things poor people don't need to survive.

Okay, so motherfucking what?

I'm not black, and I don;t have any inkling what it would be like to be black and grow up in this fucked up society that basically sets black people up for failure. You can't deny it either. we all know police brutality and biases exist. Fir the longest time no one believed it, until cameras became more available, then you have that whole fiasco where the govt. was pushing drugs into inner cities. So if there is that, I know there's worse.
Did everyone forget about that lead tainted water already.
Don't give me this crap that black people have the same opportunity as anyone else. NOT, when you live in a ghetto where the schools are crap, and because of that the grades reflect poorly. And the way the government decides funding is to fund that area less when they really need it more. And the better schools are in more expensive neighborhoods.HOA's is really just a pseudo tax to artificially increase the cos of a home so no minorities can afford to live in those areas.
Just because we had a black president really doesn't mean ****.
If everyone is so concerned with how there taxes are being spent, there are countries were you don't pay taxes.
acmoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #15
I like to party

2LEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #16
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Stop being Racist.
natedawg500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #17
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTeg View Post
This actually makes some sense, although the logistics of it is going to be challenging
exactly. I don't hate it though.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #18
0x5359-0055

I have no problem with this, also no problem with the proposed idea to introduce corporate-style performance-based reviews to the federal workforce. That house has needed cleaning for a long time.
213374U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #19
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Fed unions will fight tooth and nail to make sure that doesn't happen

ACLU gonna have a field day
Pinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #20
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsisters View Post

Based on those figures 25% of the entire Black population are on food stamps, 8% of the entire white population are on food stamps.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #21
GDD Member

In a twist of irony, this basket of US made food will probably be harvested by illegal aliens.
slomofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #22
I like to party

Not on T's watch.
2LEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #23
shit post warrior

Quote:

ďMy clickbait brings all the GDDíers to the yardĒ
ITRbroham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #24
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
In a twist of irony, this basket of US made food will probably be harvested by illegal aliens.
Its the same stuff they've been giving out back in the day, can OJ, can beef, maybe powdered milk, powdered grits.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #25
footwork mastery

Hell yea sounds smart. Short of making it all work seems smart on paper so people aren't selling them off.
.Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote