Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticket! Grrr How to Fight?

Old 04-11-2003, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket! Grrr How to Fight?

Well, Tonite about 20 minutes ago I got pulled over by a police officer.
He was following me from a street called Cambridge. I turned off of Cambridge onto J Street. I reached the corner of J Street and 5th Street.
I turned left onto 5th Street and proceeded about 1 block. He turned on his lights and I pulled over on a side street.
He says I didnt completely stop and that I Accelerated Quickly .

The ticket reads Cambridge + 5th Street.
Both Streets run Parallel to each other and are about half a mile away. HE pulled me over after I turned off of J Street and 5th Street.
So, obviously he was following me. The ticket says I rolled the stop at Approx. 8 MPH.
I tested it in a parking lot while at the store just now.
My Prelude Kicks and Jerks Horribly when slowing to 8mph or around and then releasing the clutch and continuing to accelerate. I know I made the complete stop. And My accelerating was not quick.
The accelerating Quick, I have no proof nor can provide no proof, there was no radar detection, Its basically my word against his, Whose Words hold more weight?

Well I need your help.
How can I fight this ticket??
I say I did stop and he says I didnt.

Facts.

He didnt get the Streets where the infraction was commited right,
He didnt get the year of my car correct.
No Radar Detection.

Help please
Old 04-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ticket! Grrr How to Fight? (Diegolude)

get a court day... maybe the officer won't show up. that's worked for a few of my friends. hasn't worked for me though
Old 04-11-2003, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Ticket! Grrr How to Fight? (Diegolude)

The year of your car wont get you anywhere.

THe fact that he made a mistake about your location doesnt change the fact of you alledgedly did.

The fact your radar detector didnt go off doesnt mean ****, because cops are certified in speed guesstimation (though this is usually +/- 5 MPH)...not that it matters in the case really since its not a speeding ticket. If you rolled through the stop sign, the fact is you broke the law and are subject to a fine. Whether its a cheap stop or not is up to you, and i wouldnt get caught up on the specifics.

If you decide to contest, good luck...you'll need it.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Ticket! Grrr How to Fight? (innate)

get as many court extensions as you can... then plead not guilty. you'll get another court date w/ the officer present as you contest the ticket... hopefully though, he won't show up because it will have been a few months since you got it. then the case will be dismissed. worked for me once. failed me once too though. good luck arguing with him if he shows. judges don't even bother to listen to you. they'll cut you off in the middle of your sentences.