Thoughts on NFL Protests? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Thoughts on NFL Protests?

Old 09-26-2017, 04:44 AM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default Thoughts on NFL Protests?

Surprised this hasn't been made yet, with all of the folks who like to argue here.
black_EM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 AM   #2
Swaggylicious

Default Re: Thoughts on NFL Protests?

1. Something about up until 2009 NFL players didnt even do anything during the anthem. Something about Dept of Defense trying to recruit armed forces
2. Since when is kneeling or sitting w your head down disrespectful
3. White ppl triggered AF lmao
$amGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 AM   #3
Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
Surprised this hasn't been made yet, with all of the folks who like to argue here.
They've allowed Trump and others to turn the fight into one about patriotism and respect, almost completely negating the reason the protest ever started.

Almost every major news media organization fell for it, and the original idea has been completely lost in the argument other whether you're allowed to do this while the national anthem is being played.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:50 AM   #4
Imgur Lives Matter

I want to know how trump became the voice of the everyman.

I see lots of complaining that these people are rich so they have nothing to protest against lollin
90hatch94dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:50 AM   #5
Honda-Tech Member

GS'D YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #6
Honda-Tech Member

I personally have no problem with it, but I believe the "protest" is falling on deaf ears because those upset that players are kneeling are too narrow minded to even try and understand. We've become a nation where paying reverence to our flag and anthem is more important than paying reverence to the actual principles that make this country great. I would place a healthy bet that if asked, a lot of these so called "patriots" would be unable to explain much of our Constitution beyond the first and second amendments, and that to me is a whole lot more offensive than football players kneeling during the anthem.
BeeResp0nsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #7
The Science Guy

816 already said it in the other (Trump?) thread.
Xentropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:52 AM   #8
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
The protests are good.

They're peaceful.
They're simple.
There is no act of aggression.

Definition of peaceful protest.

That said, now the protests are just about the bum in the Oval Office, rather than the root issue that was initially being called out.
bluuu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:55 AM   #9
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
1. Something about up until 2009 NFL players didnt even do anything during the anthem. Something about Dept of Defense trying to recruit armed forces
2. Since when is kneeling or sitting w your head down disrespectful
3. White ppl triggered AF lmao
I was already in the Marines in 2009, and deployed during that time frame so I didn't see it. But yeah, people are triggered AF.

How dare black athletes protest, after they've been paid so well to dance by the white man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
They've allowed Trump and others to turn the fight into one about patriotism and respect, almost completely negating the reason the protest ever started.

Almost every major news media organization fell for it, and the original idea has been completely lost in the argument other whether you're allowed to do this while the national anthem is being played.
Well yeah. People fail to realize that peaceful protest is about the most American thing you can do. I'm at a loss on how people fail to know what's in the Constitution. Turning this away from the actual reason that the protests started is simply misdirection, nobody wants to hear it.

Or better and more accurate, most will ignore or support a protest that that don't care about; but if you protest something they don't agree about...all hell is breaking loose.

Our President can call literal hate groups "very fine folks", but NFL players silently protesting are a "son of a bitch".
Old 09-26-2017, 04:55 AM   #10
Honda-Tech Member

Funny thing with said "protest" are the ones crying about it and saying hurr durr nfl numbers going down (cliffs already were wayyy before this)

Same ones saying free speech for **** and alt right supporters should have a platform because of free speech rights

Old 09-26-2017, 04:57 AM   #11
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post
Say that earlier. 1000000000000000000000000% agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeResp0nsible View Post
I personally have no problem with it, but I believe the "protest" is falling on deaf ears because those upset that players are kneeling are too narrow minded to even try and understand. We've become a nation where paying reverence to our flag and anthem is more important than paying reverence to the actual principles that make this country great. I would place a healthy bet that if asked, a lot of these so called "patriots" would be unable to explain much of our Constitution beyond the first and second amendments, and that to me is a whole lot more offensive than football players kneeling during the anthem.
In a nutshell, yes. And that is a large part of the problem.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:00 AM   #12
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Long as they're not being jackasses or yelling ****/dancing/middle fingers/whatever then you can protest during the anthem. That's the beauty of this country and like said before arguably the most American thing you can do.

All the dipshits on FB/social media getting butthurt about it are about as smart as a dish sponge. best ones are the idiots burning their jerseys and other ****. Good job showing the world just how stupid you really are
Pinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:00 AM   #13
BCICAN

I support their right to do what they are doing. I do not support doing it. Rights>feelings.
Dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:11 AM   #14
816d16 owes me money!

It's funny cuz the typical rednecks always say "You snowflakes are a bunch of whiny babies! Trying to suppress free speech!"

*Athletes express free speech*

"THAT'S DISRESPECTFUL!!! I'M A WHINY BITCH THAT DOESN'T WANT YOU TO HAVE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!!!"

Hypocrites.

NOW, that said...it really pained me to have to sit through 10 hours of political talks on football Sunday when all I wanted to do was escape for a day and enjoy some football. I hope we can get BACK to football next weekend and not have this become the every weekend focal point.
usdm420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:13 AM   #15
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
I was already in the Marines in 2009, and deployed during that time frame so I didn't see it. But yeah, people are triggered AF.

How dare black athletes protest, after they've been paid so well to dance by the white man?

Well yeah. People fail to realize that peaceful protest is about the most American thing you can do. I'm at a loss on how people fail to know what's in the Constitution. Turning this away from the actual reason that the protests started is simply misdirection, nobody wants to hear it.

Or better and more accurate, most will ignore or support a protest that that don't care about; but if you protest something they don't agree about...all hell is breaking loose.

Our President can call literal hate groups "very fine folks", but NFL players silently protesting are a "son of a bitch".
Hey remember when you called me out for telling black co-workers that I didn't vote for this guy?

After the Charlottesville incident, I brought this up again and you agreed we are almost at the point that such disclaimers are necessary. Are we fully there now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post
Funny thing with said "protest" are the ones crying about it and saying hurr durr nfl numbers going down (cliffs already were wayyy before this)

Same ones saying free speech for **** and alt right supporters should have a platform because of free speech rights

They were very fine folks though.
Ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:13 AM   #16
Honda-Tech Member

Kap taking a knee, I support that. The guy from Pittsburgh not taking a knee, I support that. That's America, I support us.
mar778c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:13 AM   #17
816d16 owes me money!

I do also feel that perhaps these "protests" this weekend might've actually divided some teams....also hoping that's not the case. Perfect example was Alejandro Villanueva from the Steelers.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:14 AM   #18
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
This whole flag/anthem thing is fake outrage. All these mad fat **** "patriots" in their 2012 July 4 Old Navy tshirts are just mad the black guys are being "mouthy". That or said fat ***** are too stupid to realize the protest has nothing to do with he flag or soldiers that have given their lives.

We we shouldn't even be playing the anthem at any sporting event outside of the olympics.
816d16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:16 AM   #19
HT White Ops

rochesterricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:16 AM   #20
816d16 owes me money!

I'd be perfectly fine moving teams to using fight songs instead, much like College. Have the home team come out to their fight song/team anthem....get the fans riled up, game on.
Chiefs can do their queer chop crap, etc.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:17 AM   #21
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post

NOW, that said...it really pained me to have to sit through 10 hours of political talks on football Sunday when all I wanted to do was escape for a day and enjoy some football. I hope we can get BACK to football next weekend and not have this become the every weekend focal point.
X2
Old 09-26-2017, 05:18 AM   #22
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
I'd be perfectly fine moving teams to using fight songs instead, much like College. Have the home team come out to their fight song/team anthem....get the fans riled up, game on.
Chiefs can do their queer chop crap, etc.
are you talking about the only undefeated team left in the AFC? Those chiefs?
Old 09-26-2017, 05:19 AM   #23
816d16 owes me money!

"Hey Boomer, what do you think about the protests?"

"I support'em!" *insert 5 minute ramble*

"How about you Dan?"

"I support'em!" *insert 5 minute ramble*

and on and on.....
Old 09-26-2017, 05:19 AM   #24
Meh

Kaepernick must be laughing his *** off at what he started.
Rguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:19 AM   #25
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
are you talking about the only undefeated team left in the AFC? Those chiefs?
Lets take a live look at usdm