Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thailand trip pics! (Bangkok & Phuket)

Old 03-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Thailand trip pics! (Bangkok & Phuket)

I just returned from a 10 day trip to Bangkok and Phuket for a good friend’s bachelor party/wedding combo. It was my first time to Thailand so I was pretty excited. It was just us 4 guys too, so it had the potential to be pretty wild. That being said, I was a good boy this trip (I’m married) plus I’m well aware of the environment and temptations there since it is very similar to the Philippines where I spent a lot of time. In fact, it was almost exactly the same except for the language. It was a little harder to communicate, but you could get by vs. Philippines being the 2nd largest English speaking nation by population.

The real difference was the partying scene. I have never seen such a crazy party scene in my life. Any day of the week, there are huge bars and nightclubs open 24/7. There are thousands of working girls you could take home if you chose to. They hang out in all the bars and clubs and they either come up to you, or you can go talk to them a while, and take them home (for a price). The ladyboy thing is also huge over there. If you’re into that, you could also partake. The clubs advertise pretty clearly if that’s what you want. On the street, you do have to ask. I say that because sometimes you don’t know. There are some VERY good looking “girls” out there. They won’t try to trick you or anything. Even at my friend’s wedding, his now wife had a lot of ladyboy friends in attendance.

Anyway, I’m sure you may have questions after I post the pictures so feel free. Since posting pictures on HT has changed over the last few years, I’ll do this over the course of several posts (maybe 20 pictures each).

Enjoy!

My flight started from Los Angeles, and had a layover in Taipei, Taiwan. What better snack than some beef noodle soup.

My friend arrived earlier so he set up a driver to pick us up. Unfortunately, there were about 30 groups of people like this holding up signs. We eventually found him.

Dude was on his phone the entire time weaving back and forth between lanes.

Lots of pretty cool Asian market cars there.

We got there about noon and forced ourselves to stay awake by going out and exploring. This was one of the local weekend markets in Bangkok.

The gang. Guy with no hair is the one getting married.

Lots of street food. I tried the squid. Good stuff.

These are the tuk tuks. They're like taxis and will take you places. Usually in other Asian countries, they are very cheap (less than a dollar) but because of tourism, these are more expensive than taxis.

Can you see the Miami Blue 718 Porsche?

Rooftop bar where a part of Hangover was filmed. I actually don't remember that part of the film. Drinks were VERY expensive here. About $30 per drink.

If I did have a compliant about the trip, it is that the guys dedicated most of it to partying and nightclubs. I don't really do that much anymore so it was a bit tough to stay out so late and just drink. I did it the first couple nights, but they were out to about 5am almost every night. Plus going home with a different girl each time. We got table service each time too, which came out to be about $75 per person US.

One of the stray cats outside our Bangkok apartment. This guy would follow me around everywhere since I was the only one who gave it attention.

To be continued...
Old 03-27-2019, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Thailand trip pics! (Bangkok & Phuket)

The current is Baht. About 31.5 Baht to 1 USD.

I was a fan of the girl in the middle here. But she ignored a lot of guys.

We took the train sometimes to get places.

My friend had Tinder up and this came up. I'd swipe right on this one.

There was a big market called MBK there, which had a lot of fake goods. I ended up picking up this replica Hublot Fusion Classic. Why the hell not.

Got some other stuff too for a few bucks.

Hooters.

The Red Light District in Bangkok, one of them at least. These places operated just like Manila. Where you could buy girls drinks (that's how they make money) and pay a barfine if you want to take them home. Without negotiation, the barfine is 5000 Baht (3000 to the girl and 2000 to the house). About $160ish.

If you're into it...you have the option.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

That lady in the middle lookin stacked
Old 03-27-2019, 11:23 AM

More.

Sea min drink. Huehuehue.

One of Thailand specialties is mango and sticky rice. Pretty awesome stuff. I recommend it.

We spent only a few days in Bangkok. The majority of our trip would be in Phuket so we took an Air Asia flight there. Only about 45 minutes.

Many hotels charge an extra fee if you bring a girl back. This came out to be about $25 USD.

Dinner the first night in Phuket where we all met my friend's fiance for the first time.

Bangla Road is a famous party place in Phuket.

Sad I didn't get a chance to see a ping pong show honestly.

Spent a lot of time here. This place was HUGE.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:25 AM
Plead da Fif

That is a creepy smile.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:26 AM

How do you communicate? Do many speak English? Similar to Japan where you can get by with English and some attempt to speak in "bad" Japanese?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:27 AM

$160 if you want to take any home.

If you're not sure if a girl is "working", you can just ask them. Most are, even if they don't appear to be.

I lost my friends at this point so I decided to head home. This guy picked this lovely lady to accompany him home. She was quite cute.

The pool where I was staying.

Bangla road during the day. Looks very different.

Almost picked up this AP replica, but it was still $180ish USD. Decided against it.

We rented some ATVs as well.

My clumsy buddy ended up in the trees lols.

Our guide in the middle.

Took the ATVs up to visit the Buddha.

See the cat hiding?

Old 03-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

I see some pretty western lookin thai chicks in your pics. I`d take one of them home
Old 03-27-2019, 11:38 AM

Finished up the ATV excursion and this doge was chilling on the street.

Another shot of the Tiger Night Club where we spent a lot of time.

Every girl there had a back tattoo of some sort, and many were quite large.

Rented motorbikes for only $10 a day. We rode across the island.

Grumpiest of cats.

Even the older bartenders at a place near our hotel were aggressive as hell. They were a fun bunch though. They loved my friend.

I forgot to talk about the massage bars here. I think 90% of the massage places offer some sort of "special service" and most have a menu. One day we were looking for a legit massage but every place we went to didn't offer one. Once the girls found out we wanted a "real" massage, they grabbed the menu from our hands and said "we do not have! Come upstairs for sex and ******* or leave!" Lols.

I guess this one below did have a legit massage available. Basically if the girls standing outside are young and pretty, you can be sure they will offer "special service". If they are older, then it is probably a legit place.

Couple of working girls at the Tiger Club. That one on the left was hot as hell. Man, if I wasn't married.

This is a pretty famous place, also called a "fishbowl" where you can walk in and look through a big glass window at a ton of girls. You can just pick who you want and spend time with them. The cost here was $3300 Baht per one hour and one girl. I asked how many for two girls at once and it was $6600, no discount. I asked if they would mess around with each other, but the guy said "no, only touch you." The guys were all Chinese guys in suits.

We also went to the Tiger Kingdom. Their notice was funny. "...no matter what happened" lols.

Look at the size of his paws.

One of the pool/beach clubs nearby.

Off to the wedding venue about 45 minutes away. Look at where the tide is now, compared to where it is later.

Wedding coordinator was a cutie.

So my friend asked his fiance to let him know of all the single girls who would be at the wedding. One of the pictures was this one.

Spoiler, it's a dude. None of us could believe it, even after meeting "her" in person. Most of the time you can tell right away. Not with this one.

Of course, here you can tell more easily. They were funny though and very aggressive. I had to run away from the one on the left a few times. Multiple drive-by *** grabbings were done by "her". Friendly bunch though. Friends of the bride.

I had my eyes on Asian Katie Holmes here. But she left early.

Katie Holmes from the rear.

I'm telling you, this doesn't look like a dude!

Walked the beach the next morning. Some burrowing creature.

Alright, that's about it. Hope you enjoyed.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post
How do you communicate? Do many speak English? Similar to Japan where you can get by with English and some attempt to speak in "bad" Japanese?
You can get by with English, but you have to use simple words and potentially say it a few times in different ways.

Apparently in schools, they don't teach in English like they do in many other countries. At least that's what some of the girls told me when I asked about it.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:01 PM
I am SO fancy!

The food presentations in those markets were on point. Would really have a gluttonous streak there.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:07 PM

I also have a few videos if anyone's interested:

A walk down Bangla Road: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lukg2TW1gmtZEi1B9

Alleyway of street food: https://photos.app.goo.gl/deegaYysTxnbAtSv6

Riding the motorbike through the city: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9kfgDbxC5BS2wB5Z9
Old 03-27-2019, 12:09 PM

Touristy Thailand.

I thought the areas around Chang Mai/Chang Rai (and Laos) were much prettier and more enjoyable than Bangkok, but you were there for a bachelor party/wedding so I get it.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by FrreeeBird View Post
Touristy Thailand.

I thought the areas around Chang Mai/Chang Rai (and Laos) were much prettier and more enjoyable than Bangkok, but you were there for a bachelor party/wedding so I get it.
Agreed! I wish we would have gone there, but the guys were more into partying. Like dude, you could have done that at home! One of them lives in Vegas, the other two in the NYC area. Plenty of partying there.

I plan to come back with my wife and check out the other stuff.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Agreed! I wish we would have gone there, but the guys were more into partying. Like dude, you could have done that at home! One of them lives in Vegas, the other two in the NYC area. Plenty of partying there.

I plan to come back with my wife and check out the other stuff.
Ok, in addition to those places I mentioned I really enjoyed Kanchanaburi (make sure you get to Erawan National Park) and Ayutthaya. Went to Koh Samet too but it was a tourist trap...have heard good things about Koh Chang and Koh Kut though (farther away from Bankgok, less touristy, less people).
Old 03-27-2019, 12:32 PM
HT Order of Merit

Great pics. Seems like a cool place to visit.

Oh and lol @ "Phuket"
Old 03-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fcukin want a tiger now....
Old 03-27-2019, 12:53 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Sorry to dissapoint, but they are all boys.

Trip looks fun as hell. Was it humid?
Old 03-27-2019, 01:53 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Those red light districts would eat me alive with STDs cause I wouldn't be able to help myself but rswdog those sesspool bags sigh
Old 03-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
Sorry to dissapoint, but they are all boys.

Trip looks fun as hell. Was it humid?
Not all.

Oh em gee, it was so hot. Mid 90s every single day and 100 percent humidity. I would change clothes 2-3 times a day with showers in between.

Originally Posted by stackz View Post
Those red light districts would eat me alive with STDs cause I wouldn't be able to help myself but rswdog those sesspool bags sigh
It really depends. The actual "girly bars" where there are dancers and you pay a barfine are pretty regulated. They're required to be tested every so often. Same with that "fishbowl" place.

The randoms on the street and in the clubs, I have no idea.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:04 PM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

Originally Posted by silvertaxasteg View Post
The food presentations in those markets were on point. Would really have a gluttonous streak there.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:09 PM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

Originally Posted by stackz View Post
Prostitutes in Southeast Asia could fuel the rise of “super gonorrhea,” experts have warned.

It comes as a British man became the first person in the world to catch the strain of the sexually transmitted infection that is resistant to almost all treatments.

The two antibiotics typically used to treat the bug have been powerless to stop the super-strain, health officials warned.

The unidentified man, who had a partner in the UK, discovered he had the STI after getting tested a month after he returned from Asia, where he had “sexual contact” with a woman.
https://nypost.com/2018/03/30/sex-to...per-gonorrhea/
Old 03-27-2019, 02:22 PM
No Big Whoop

What do you eat, if sea food is not an option for you?

Serious question.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceballsthelunchbox View Post
What do you eat, if sea food is not an option for you?

Serious question.
Good question. My one friend who went has a sensitive stomach so we had to go to places that served "regular" food like burgers, chicken fingers, etc. So there's plenty of options. However, in touristy areas, the pricing is just like the USA (expensive).
Old 03-27-2019, 02:57 PM
No Big Whoop

I can deal with expensive as long as I don't have to eat sea food. I am a chicken, rice and beans type of person.

I am planning a trip this fall to Japan, would you say non sea food eaters are okay there as well?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.