Smiley, Lauer, Spacey, Weinstein, Weiner, Ailes, & O'Reilly: Sex Assault - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Smiley, Lauer, Spacey, Weinstein, Weiner, Ailes, & O'Reilly: Sex Assault

Old 10-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
*****BANNED*****

Default Smiley, Lauer, Spacey, Weinstein, Weiner, Ailes, & O'Reilly: Sex Assault

Strangely there has not been a thread on this yet.

We all know who Harvey Weinstein is, he's accused of raping/assaulting/harassing women. Here are links to some very, very good pieces of journalism on the matter:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...social_twitter

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/u...tein.html?_r=0

Per these pieces, this was common knowledge within his company, its parent company, the industry at large and was mentioned in tabloids time and time again over the years.

The individual recollections are terrible, a selected few are below in quotes.

My question is:

How do we as a society work to prevent them? These are men of different races, of different political backgrounds, etc. It is easy to say that women should report them, but what can we do to prevent them happening? In this case it seems like a group of people standing together to speak out against him could've curtailed his predatory habits years ago. Why is it that men find this behavior acceptable? Is it the way that we discuss sexual acts & behavior? Is it other parenting issues?

Discuss.

Selected quotes from the links above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Evans
“At that point, after that, is when he assaulted me,” Evans said. “He forced me to perform oral sex on him.” As she objected, Weinstein took his ***** out of his pants and pulled her head down onto it. “I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,’ ” she said. “I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him.” In the end, she said, “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.” At a certain point, she said, “I just sort of gave up. That’s the most horrible part of it, and that’s why he’s been able to do this for so long to so many women: people give up, and then they feel like it’s their fault.”

Weinstein appeared to find the encounter unremarkable. “It was like it was just another day for him,” Evans said. “It was no emotion.” Afterward, she said, he acted as if nothing had happened. She wondered how Weinstein’s staff could not know what was going on.

After the encounter, she met with the female casting executive, who sent her the scripts, and also came to one of her acting-class readings a few weeks later. (Evans does not believe that the executive was aware of Weinstein’s behavior.) Weinstein, Evans said, began calling her again late at night. Evans told me that the entire sequence of events had a routine quality. “It feels like a very streamlined process,” she said. “Female casting director, Harvey wants to meet. Everything was designed to make me feel comfortable before it happened. And then the shame in what happened was also designed to keep me quiet.”

Evans said that, after the incident, “I just put it in a part of my brain and closed the door.” She continued to blame herself for not fighting harder. “It was always my fault for not stopping him,” she said. “I had an eating problem for years. I was disgusted with myself. It’s funny, all these unrelated things I did to hurt myself because of this one thing.” Evans told friends some of what had happened, but felt largely unable to talk about it. “I ruined several really good relationships because of this. My schoolwork definitely suffered, and my roommates told me to go to a therapist because they thought I was going to kill myself.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia Argento
At first, Weinstein was solicitous, praising her work. Then he left the room. When he returned, he was wearing a bathrobe and holding a bottle of lotion. “He asks me to give a massage. I was, like, ‘Look, man, I am no ******* fool,’ ” Argento said. “But, looking back, I am a ******* fool. And I am still trying to come to grips with what happened.”

Argento said that, after she reluctantly agreed to give Weinstein a massage, he pulled her skirt up, forced her legs apart, and performed oral sex on her as she repeatedly told him to stop. Weinstein “terrified me, and he was so big,” she said. “It wouldn’t stop. It was a nightmare.”

At some point, Argento said, she stopped saying no and feigned enjoyment, because she thought it was the only way the assault would end. “I was not willing,” she told me. “I said, ‘No, no, no.’ . . . It’s twisted. A big fat man wanting to eat you. It’s a scary fairy tale.” Argento, who insisted that she wanted to tell her story in all its complexity, said that she didn’t physically fight him off, something that has prompted years of guilt.

“The thing with being a victim is I felt responsible,” she said. “Because, if I were a strong woman, I would have kicked him in the ***** and run away. But I didn’t. And so I felt responsible.” She described the incident as a “horrible trauma.” Decades later, she said, oral sex is still ruined for her. “I’ve been damaged,” she told me. “Just talking to you about it, my whole body is shaking.”

Argento recalled sitting on the bed after the incident, her clothes “in shambles,” her makeup smeared. She said that she told Weinstein, “I am not a *****,” and that he began laughing. He said he’d put the phrase on a T-shirt. Afterward, Argento said, “He kept contacting me.” For a few months, Weinstein seemed obsessed, offering her expensive gifts.

What complicates the story, Argento readily allowed, is that she eventually yielded to Weinstein’s further advances and even grew close to him. Weinstein dined with her, and introduced her to his mother. Argento told me, “He made it sound like he was my friend and he really appreciated me.” She said that she had consensual sexual relations with him multiple times over the course of the next five years, though she described the encounters as one-sided and “onanistic.” The first occasion, several months after the alleged assault, came before the release of “B. Monkey.” “I felt I had to,” she said. “Because I had the movie coming out and I didn’t want to anger him.” She believed that Weinstein would ruin her career if she didn’t comply. Years later, when she was a single mother dealing with childcare, Weinstein offered to pay for a nanny. She said that she felt “obliged” to submit to his sexual advances.

Argento said that she knew this contact would be used to attack the credibility of her allegation. In part, she said, the initial assault made her feel overpowered each time she encountered Weinstein, even years later. “Just his body, his presence, his face, bring me back to the little girl that I was when I was twenty-one,” she told me. “When I see him, it makes me feel little and stupid and weak.” She broke down as she struggled to explain. “After the rape, he won,” she said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira Sorvino
“He started massaging my shoulders, which made me very uncomfortable, and then tried to get more physical, sort of chasing me around,” she recalled. She scrambled for ways to ward him off, telling him it was against her religion to date married men. (At the time, Weinstein was married to Eve Chilton, a former assistant.) Then she left the room.
A few weeks later, in New York City, her phone rang after midnight. It was Weinstein, saying that he had new marketing ideas for the film and asking to meet. Sorvino offered to meet him at an all-night diner, but he told her he was coming over to her apartment and hung up. “I freaked out,” she told me. She called a friend and asked him to come over and pose as her boyfriend. The friend hadn’t arrived by the time Weinstein rang her doorbell. “Harvey had managed to bypass my doorman,” she said. “I opened the door terrified, brandishing my twenty-pound Chihuahua mix in front of me, as though that would do any good.” When she told Weinstein that her new boyfriend was on his way, Weinstein became dejected and left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Nestor
Nestor told me that the meeting was the “most excruciating and uncomfortable hour of my life.” After Weinstein offered her career help, she said, he began to boast about his sexual liaisons with other women, including famous actresses. “He said, ‘You know, we could have a lot of fun,’ ” Nestor recalled. “I could put you in my London office, and you could work there and you could be my girlfriend.” She declined. He asked to hold her hand; she said no. In Nestor’s account of the exchange, Weinstein said, “Oh, the girls always say ‘no.’ You know, ‘No, no.’ And then they have a beer or two and then they’re throwing themselves at me.” In a tone that Nestor described as “very weirdly proud,” Weinstein added “that he’d never had to do anything like Bill Cosby.” She assumed that he meant he’d never drugged a woman. “It’s just a bizarre thing to be so proud of,” she said. “That you’ve never had to resort to doing that. It was just so far removed from reality and normal rules of consent.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma de Caunes
Weinstein pleaded with her to retrieve the book with him, and finally she agreed. As they got to his room, she received a telephone call from one of her colleagues, and Weinstein disappeared into a bathroom, leaving the door open. She assumed that he was washing his hands.

“When I hung up the phone, I heard the shower go on in the bathroom,” she said. “I was, like, What the ****, is he taking a shower?” Weinstein came out, naked and with an erection. “What are you doing?” she asked. Weinstein demanded that she lie on the bed and told her that many other women had done so before her.

“I was very petrified,” de Caunes said. “But I didn’t want to show him that I was petrified, because I could feel that the more I was freaking out, the more he was excited.” She added, “It was like a hunter with a wild animal. The fear turns him on.” De Caunes told Weinstein that she was leaving, and he panicked. “We haven’t done anything!” she remembered him saying. “It’s like being in a Walt Disney movie!”

De Caunes told me, “I looked at him and I said—it took all my courage—but I said, ‘I’ve always hated Walt Disney movies.’ And then I left. I slammed the door.” She was shaking on the stairs down to the lobby. A director she was working with on the TV show confirmed that she arrived at the studio distraught and that she recounted what had happened. Weinstein called relentlessly over the next few hours, offering de Caunes gifts and repeating that nothing had happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyneth Paltrow
When Gwyneth Paltrow was 22 years old, she got a role that would take her from actress to star: The film producer Harvey Weinstein hired her for the lead in the Jane Austen adaptation “Emma.” Before shooting began, he summoned her to his suite at the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for a work meeting that began uneventfully.

It ended with Mr. Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting they head to the bedroom for massages, she said.

“I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” she said in an interview, publicly disclosing that she was sexually harassed by the man who ignited her career and later helped her win an Academy Award.

She refused his advances, she said, and confided in Brad Pitt, her boyfriend at the time. Mr. Pitt confronted Mr. Weinstein, and soon after, the producer threatened her not to tell anyone else about his come-on. “I thought he was going to fire me,” she said.
Think of the numbers of people that knew this was happening. The number of people that did nothing. The number of people that HELPED him do this.

What can be done to raise men that speak out against this? That do not engage in such behavior?
bluuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
Imgur Lives Matter

Default re: Weinstein, Weiner, Ailes, & Cosby; Sex Assault & Going Forward

clintons are next
90hatch94dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Steve at Heart

Weinstein's Lawyer labeled it as Workplace Misconduct.
Bently_Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

Yikes, what a fcking fat creepo.
Mattb16teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
*****BANNED*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
clintons are next
If they did do something, I sincerely hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
Weinstein's Lawyer labeled it as Workplace Misconduct.
And therein lay one of the issues. It is constantly made into something so much less significant than it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb16teg View Post
Yikes, what a fcking fat creepo.
Except this is common as hell. I've dated a few women that have gone through sexual assault, I've been friends with others, etc., it is incredibly common.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member

Sadly a lot of men in positions of power don't see people as people, they see them as commodities fit to serve them. Pretty ******* revolting tbh.
tron_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
aka DaZman69!

So he didn’t rape anyone, he was just super aggressive

Don’t women have to deal with that on a regular basis?

I can picture nearly every women I know being like “wtf dude get away from me” and none of them getting emotionally tramatized.
sflkgjsfndgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #8
INSERT TITLE HERE

They're all stars so it's OK.
newt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #9
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
Sadly a lot of men in positions of power don't see people as people, they see them as commodities fit to serve them. Pretty ******* revolting tbh.
yup
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #10
I took way too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post

I can picture nearly every women I know being like “wtf dude get away from me” and none of them getting emotionally tramatized.
He's being accused of rape by at least 3 women at this point.
slowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #11
*****BANNED*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
yup
Very much so.

I think it is a power move too. They get off on feeling in control & doing something purely for them.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowman View Post
He's being accused of rape by at least 3 women at this point.
Exactly. How tf do you get 'he didn't rape anyone' out of my quotes?

And "Don’t women have to deal with that on a regular basis?" is the problem. The fact that you're saying that like, "Ah some dude pulled his dick out & pushed her head down on it is commonplace," is such a bad indication of where we are as a society.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #12
Oracle of GDD

Yeah I think DickZMan is not really understanding the multiple levels of power that HW was projecting on these women. Not just a big imposing physical presence but also, they were basically all actresses who needed his help to get a part or have a movie promoted.

And kicking a guy like that in the ***** and screaming loud enough to be heard is not the first thing that comes to people's minds.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #13
aka DaZman69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluuu View Post
Very much so.

I think it is a power move too. They get off on feeling in control & doing something purely for them.

Exactly. How tf do you get 'he didn't rape anyone' out of my quotes?

And "Don’t women have to deal with that on a regular basis?" is the problem. The fact that you're saying that like, "Ah some dude pulled his dick out & pushed her head down on it is commonplace," is such a bad indication of where we are as a society.
you can't rape someone in the mouth

you can just close your mouth, it's not a vagina, she clearly went along with it and it didn't get bluntly raped

Guys a creep and super aggressive, but there's a gigantic ******* difference between that and someone that actually rapes people

until I see an actual rape story......... I know 10 guys like that, and none of them would actually physically harm a women, they are just super ******* creepy aggressive
Old 10-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #14
*****BANNED*****

Quote:

you can just close your mouth, it's not a vagina, she clearly went along with it and it didn't get bluntly raped

Guys a creep and super aggressive, but there's a gigantic ******* difference between that and someone that actually rapes people

until I see an actual rape story......... I know 10 guys like that, and none of them would actually physically harm a women, they are just super ******* creepy aggressive
Holy ****.

You are the problem.

And your 'friends' are scumbags who have definitely hurt women. (I do not feel that is an illogical leap to make, real talk please feel free call me out non-Dazmen if it is)

"Oh she can just close her mouth"
"Oh she can just close her legs"
"Oh she can just dress frumpily"

Get the **** out of here.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #15
aka DaZman69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
they were basically all actresses who needed his help to get a part or have a movie promoted.
yeah exactly, they had two options

one of them being "**** you get away from me"

but no, they didn't choose that option

that's the difference between him and an actual rapist
Old 10-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #16
aka DaZman69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluuu View Post
Holy ****.

You are the problem.

And your 'friends' are scumbags who have definitely hurt women. (I do not feel that is an illogical leap to make, real talk please feel free call me out non-Dazmen if it is)

"Oh she can just close her mouth"
"Oh she can just close her legs"
"Oh she can just dress frumpily"

Get the **** out of here.
who said they were my friends?

also you're retarded, comparing how a woman dresses and presents herself and the notion of sexually "inviting a rapist"....... to what I said which is simply physically closing a hole that a dick can go into
Old 10-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #17
BCICAN

Quote:
notsureifserious.jpeg
Dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #18
Loves Tossing Salad

No idea who this guy was before this hahahaha
09chaplak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #19
Honda-Tech Member

The biggest problem is if you get raped and someone slams their **** in your mouth and forces to suck you call the damn police first chance you get. You don't keep showing up to work like nothing happened and wait years to say something.
AZ_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #20
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

Same reason so much other **** is a common plague in work places, yet nothing is done about it. It's actually pretty simple: person with personality disorder does literally anything to rise to power, then surrounds themselves with impotent "yes" men, then puts dumb, incompetent, desperate etc. people into the lowest positions, and has their way with whomever they want. Anybody who objects to anything is made an example of and bullied, not fired, because
Uncle Ben's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #21
*****BANNED*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
The biggest problem is if you get raped and someone slams their **** in your mouth and forces to suck you call the damn police first chance you get. You don't keep showing up to work like nothing happened and wait years to say something.
Yeah, police are so great at solving sex crimes.

There are THOUSANDS of rape kits sitting around most major cities in the USA that have not been tested (many sitting for years).
Old 10-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #22
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

I hope some of you guys are not that naive. My first boss at an italian restaurant used to "rape" women in his office. Not the minimum wage earning staff, but the servers who made good money. Why? Because rejection of his advancements basically = bye bye hours. Used to have a boss that gave a drug addict shitty performance reviews, but then turned around and went drinking with her, and the imagination can fill in the rest. Funnily enough this same guy got rid of all the high tenured, adults, in favor of drug addicts and scumbags. Why? To form the culture to one of no morality and isolate decent human beings. It's rampant. And it's not going to change while society is primarily made up of bitch made men who, as this forum shows time and time again, would rather mindlessly bully people than actually take a step back and look inside themselves, and at their own behavior. Sorry, not gonna change anything by being moral cowards with no sack or spine.
Uncle Ben's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #23
Loves Tossing Salad

I want to see how many up and coming stars come out and talk about this. Bye bye stardom
09chaplak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #24
816d16 owes me money!

Where did the Cosby thing even end up going? I haven't heard anything about it lately....
usdm420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:16 PM   #25
INSERT TITLE HERE

Mistrial. Don't know if they're going to try him again.
newt2 is offline   Reply With Quote