Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SD card. Is more always better?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD card. Is more always better?

This may be a computer question, but I'll ask it here.

I use a 1GB SD card for my 5 mp camera. It can hold 288 pictures. I don't ever need that much. I need another card (for another camera). 2GB cards are popular now and price so cheap. And the price difference is less than a cup of coffee.

Is more memory capacity on a SD card always better? Like mp on a camera, the more mp you stuff on the sensor, the more noise you will have. Is this true for SD cards too?

I'll be happy with 512MB SD cards, but sometimes they are price the same as 1GB or 2GB. In a few months, I'm sure 4GB will be the standard.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SD card. Is more always better? (YipMan_Style)

Sometimes the larger cards will have slower read/write times, but that is usually at 4GB+. I don't think there will be a difference between 1GB and 2 GB. I don't really see any down sides.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:30 AM

As long as you are using a highspeed card (Sandisk Extreme series, etc) bigger is always better imo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.