Richest in the world, soon-to-be ex wife will be on the market soon.... - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Richest in the world, soon-to-be ex wife will be on the market soon....

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Richest in the world, soon-to-be ex wife will be on the market soon....

Old 01-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Richest in the world, soon-to-be ex wife will be on the market soon....

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Or because he holds cities/states hostage, kills small businesses/competition, spies on you/sells that information and wastes tremendous amounts of resources with amazon's "convenient" methods.
He started as a small business too. From his garage.....

What company out there as BIG as Amazon is running as ethically as we wish all companies would?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Richest in the world, soon-to-be ex wife will be on the market soon....

Or because he holds cities/states hostage, kills small businesses/competition, spies on you/sells that information and wastes tremendous amounts of resources with amazon's "convenient" methods.
If he didn't, somebody else would. He's just playing the game with the parameters given to him and doing it well. I'm not a staunch amazon supporter/customer by any means, but I can't fault him for being successful at what he does.

The dude took a crappy online bookstore that operated in the red for many years, survived the dot com bubble and ultimately became a mogul across many industries. You're acting like he's Dick Cheney or something.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:02 AM
816d16 owes me money!

Every mega billionaire business man steps on the backs of others, uses shrewd tactics, etc. That's how they get where they are....
Old 01-09-2019, 09:03 AM
eight equals equals equals D

If that's what you boys want to claim I said, sure.

Americans: BUT WHAT WILL THIS DO TO SMALL BUSINESSES?!

Also Americans: If it isn't a multi-billion dollar international organization, it doesn't matter.
Amazon is an asset to small business. A large portion of the goods sold on Amazon are made by small businesses and many of the vendors Amazon use are small businesses as well.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
Remind me again blu, what generation made Bezos billions?

https://nypost.com/2017/08/19/guess-...n-customer-is/

The bulk of Amazon users, 53 percent, are 19 to 44 years old, Goldman says. That compares with 37 percent of the population.
Looks like both my generation and yours big guy.

I don't use Amazon anymore, I'm pushing my family to do so, my friends don't use it often, etc.

Originally Posted by itrSteez View Post
If he didn't, somebody else would. He's just playing the game with the parameters given to him and doing it well. I'm not a staunch amazon supporter/customer by any means, but I can't fault him for being successful at what he does.

The dude took a crappy online bookstore that operated in the red for many years, survived the dot com bubble and ultimately became a mogul across many industries. You're acting like he's Dick Cheney or something.
I can fault him for ruining the cities he sets up shop in. Prime is bad. Buying every single thing you need online is wasteful, etc.

The worship of the 'entrepreneur' in this country is weird af.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Head Of Bespoke

brb mailing communist manifesto to Moop for autograph.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
You know she isnt that bad, if we fix that tooth to gum ratio and give her a few cheeseburgers, id smash.
Srs, she's totally okay and probably above average. All you guys married to and dating Cali 10s are being ridiculous.

I don't know the reason, but money changes people. On a personal level and on a power/social level. Winning a million bucks in the lottery is one thing, but being Bezos rich is another. Hope they can both be happy and move on with their lives.

For those who think he's a dick, well you don't get to his level being the nice guy. You will plateau at some point until the ******* employee you hate gets promoted over you.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:08 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Originally Posted by Tim2179 View Post
Amazon is an asset to small business. A large portion of the goods sold on Amazon are made by small businesses and many of the vendors Amazon use are small businesses as well.

Unless they don't like you, then you won't show up in their search algorithm or you'll be buried at the bottom. So Amazon can claim "small business", but the reality is sometimes a bit different.

Not arguing for or against mind you, but it isn't as rosy as they like to say.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You know she isnt that bad, if we fix that tooth to gum ratio and give her a few cheeseburgers, id smash.
send her to the kardashians plastic surgeon to fix her up.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Unless they don't like you, then you won't show up in their search algorithm or you'll be buried at the bottom. So Amazon can claim "small business", but the reality is sometimes a bit different.

Interesting.

brb mailing communist manifesto to Moop for autograph.
I've already got a copy on my bookshelf.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:11 AM

I don't use Amazon anymore, I'm pushing my family to do so, my friends don't use it often, etc.
Why?

Buying every single thing you need online is wasteful, etc.
You think it's better to take time out of your day to purchase things in person that can be purchased online in less time? Seems less efficient to me. Time is our most valuable asset.

The worship of the 'entrepreneur' in this country is weird af.
​​​​​​​
Why? People wouldn't have jobs without them. Personally I think entrepreneurs don't get enough credit for doing what 99% of the rest of the population doesn't have the ***** to do.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Looks like both my generation and yours big guy.
A few years of Gen X is nothing when it comes to your entire generation being encompassed.

Face it, millennials have made Amazon what it is today. How many large retailers have went under since your generation has had buying power? Several.

Only reason I shop there is because I literally cannot find certain things locally, period.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:14 AM

It's not like they have exclusive deals with vendors, so its up to the vendors themselves to figure out what products to sell and how to get them to rank higher in searches. I have some friends that have small businesses that use Amazon fulfillment and they couldn't be happier with it. He sends the inventory to Amazon and they take care of the rest.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 5SpdH22 View Post
0 amazon orders in 2019 crew

Old 01-09-2019, 09:18 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Why is she rich, monies from the divorce?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why?
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...c-crystal-city

Because tax payers shouldn't be forced to pay for corporate welfare that won't benefit them (and in many cases will actively hurt them)

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/...r-scott-walker

Let us not forget that 1/3 of Amazon's employees in AZ were on food stamps too, he didn't increase their pay until Bernie Sanders & non profit groups called him out for that.

You think it's better to take time out of your day to purchase things in person that can be purchased online in less time? Seems less efficient to me. Time is our most valuable asset.
Pretty sure natural resources are. Time doesn't matter when kids are dying of thirst.

And buying stuff online makes it easier to buy trash we don't need. Waste in this country is ridiculous.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A few years of Gen X is nothing when it comes to your entire generation being encompassed.

Face it, millennials have made Amazon what it is today. How many large retailers have went under since your generation has had buying power? Several.

Only reason I shop there is because I literally cannot find certain things locally, period.
I generally agree. On this one, the youths suck. Hopefully that changes but who knows. Now every 20-40something is getting their senior citizen family members the Amazon Alexa/Echo things because yay surveillance?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 AM
footwork mastery

Originally Posted by 09chaplak View Post
Why is she rich, monies from the divorce?
gonna laugh when he had a prenup and she got like $50k/ month. Everyone is gonna think she's ballin but she's just ok
Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 AM

Now every 20-40something is getting their senior citizen family members the Amazon Alexa/Echo things because yay surveillance?

How is that any different than a smartphone though? Alexa is a decent solution for older folks, especially ones that have trouble getting places. I could see how Amazon would appeal to aging boomers, but it's the lazy youth that's making Amazon so huge.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
gonna laugh when he had a prenup and she got like $50k/ month. Everyone is gonna think she's ballin but she's just ok
You're doing more than just okay on 50k/month.

Most Americans would be happy making 50k/year.

How is that any different than a smartphone though? Alexa is a decent solution for older folks, especially ones that have trouble getting places. I could see how Amazon would appeal to aging boomers, but it's the lazy youth that's making Amazon so huge.
That's a fair point. IDK, it just grosses me out that people are actively buying things that only exist to order things & eaves drop on you.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:31 AM

That's a fair point. IDK, it just grosses me out that people are actively buying things that only exist to order things & eaves drop on you.

I don't disagree on that. I actually got both an Echo Dot and Google home mini for free this past holiday season due to purchases that I made (so now they are literally giving them away, no shock there I suppose). I played around with both a little bit as it makes for easy music streaming when working out in my garage. Otherwise, I really don't see the point.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love amazon and their customer support is top notch.

210 orders places in 2018
Old 01-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Head Of Bespoke

I wonder if the UPS guys ever get pissed that I get diapers/wipes/paper towels shipped to my door every other week cause im too lazy to buy them at target.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 AM

My more detailed reply vanished when I hit CTRL-Z, so I'll be brief.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...c-crystal-city

Because tax payers shouldn't be forced to pay for corporate welfare that won't benefit them (and in many cases will actively hurt them)
Amazon wants to locate their HQ where most qualified applicants are already living. And this is bad? Ok...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/...r-scott-walker

Let us not forget that 1/3 of Amazon's employees in AZ were on food stamps too, he didn't increase their pay until Bernie Sanders & non profit groups called him out for that.
How is this different than any other employer of unskilled labor? Nobody is holding a gun to their heads to work there, and they can choose to work anywhere they wish - food stamps or not.

Pretty sure natural resources are. Time doesn't matter when kids are dying of thirst.
I disagree - since I don't live in an area that is lacking in resources - but if I did I would move before I died.

And buying stuff online makes it easier to buy trash we don't need. Waste in this country is ridiculous.
Buying in person wastes time and resources and has no effect on disposable product packaging. Shipping materials are recyclable. Buying online lets me spend more time with my family.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:37 AM
footwork mastery

You're doing more than just okay on 50k/month.

Most Americans would be happy making 50k/year.
In comparison to the billions they'd think she has it's next to nothing though

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.