Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Old 05-11-2018, 11:52 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
I think the point is that there's been some backlash against that progress lately.
It isn't progress, it's regress, and should be criticized.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Plead da Fif

Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post

1. Totally the restaurants fault.

2. To what were the police responding? They don't mention that part. Suspetise.

3. Why? What was she doing that caused them to do this? Suspetise.

4. See #2
Old 05-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by It Wasn't Me View Post

1. Totally the restaurants fault.

2. To what were the police responding? They don't mention that part. Suspetise.

3. Why? What was she doing that caused them to do this? Suspetise.

4. See #2
Oh i really dont care
Old 05-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Plead da Fif

Oh i really dont care
Ohh, okay.

Yeah, I do that too.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:02 PM
INSERT TITLE HERE

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
It isn't progress, it's regress, and should be criticized.
A black President is regress?
Old 05-11-2018, 12:19 PM
816d16 owes me money!

Huh? That's the EXACT video J is referencing lol....hence his reference to "he said she said UNTIL THE VIDEO STARTS ROLLING" (which is true because we know ZERO about what happened beforehand)....and he was fine with everything "until the choke".
Old 05-11-2018, 12:33 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
A black President is regress?
no no, I thought you were referring to...

a climate where a the black child of wealthy parents has more financial aid and opportunity in education than a white kid from poor parents.
...as progress.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The First White President

it's not a short read; however, there is a SoundCloud link that you can listen to.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:14 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

I usually keep to my self and typically never post in threads like this but you can CLEARLY see the people who are not minorities simply by reading the responses. I'm not accusing anyone of being racist by any means but I think most of you would never be able to understand these circumstances cause you don't live it. Same way I could never fully understand what it would be like to be a pregnant woman. I just can't and never will live that life.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:28 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Originally Posted by jdmwannabee View Post
The First White President

it's not a short read; however, there is a SoundCloud link that you can listen to.
That article is ****. The Atlantic is ****, it's the left wing Breitbart...

Originally Posted by Chef Andre View Post
I usually keep to my self and typically never post in threads like this but you can CLEARLY see the people who are not minorities simply by reading the responses. I'm not accusing anyone of being racist by any means but I think most of you would never be able to understand these circumstances cause you don't live it. Same way I could never fully understand what it would be like to be a pregnant woman. I just can't and never will live that life.
I promise you, any poor white boy that grew up in or near a black neighborhood is all but totally versed with being on the receiving end of racial oppression, violence, etc. They have an immeasurably rougher time than a poor black kid, growing up in a white neighborhood.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's an op-ed, written by a well-respected author. not a hard news article. I know you didn't read it or listen to it. Furthermore, there is no left-wing equivalent to Breitbart (i.e. a mainstream organization that disseminates hate and conspiracy as news).
Old 05-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to say oneludesol gets it, others saying racism is getting worse is loco. Next we will here that gay acceptance is at an all time low and getting worse. We literally have blacks at every highest level of society and even though only 1 black president has been president that just shows how much has changed just in the last 50 years. Who the hell would have thought in the 60's where blacks couldn't even go to school with whites in the south that 50 years later there would be a black man calling the shots in the white house.

To the OP yeah I am a white guy and don't know what it's like to be a black guy but same goes for a black guy who thinks being a white guy means everything is perfect. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we were all a race of one color we would still have racists.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:01 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

it's an op-ed, written by a well-respected author. not a hard news article. I know you didn't read it or listen to it. Furthermore, there is no left-wing equivalent to Breitbart (i.e. a mainstream organization that disseminates hate and conspiracy as news).
Ah Ta nehisi Coats... author of such gems as:

ĎItís Impossible to Imagine Trump Without the Force of Whiteness'

"I'm not black, I'm Kanye"

" Itís Time for Trump Voters to Face the Bitter Truth"

You're right, I started reading, and stopped at "we all know Donald Trump..."

I'm sure he is well respected in the drum circle, but here in the real world, he's just another **** bag.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:06 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

I promise you, any poor white boy that grew up in or near a black neighborhood is all but totally versed with being on the receiving end of racial oppression, violence, etc. They have an immeasurably rougher time than a poor black kid, growing up in a white neighborhood.
I'd say it's actually pretty equal.

I lived in probably a 65/35 black/white poorer area until I was 10. I do remember issues on walks home from being bullied by older black kids because I was a skinny white kid with a shitty haircut. My best friend was black, and his mother was apprehensive about him being friends with me because I was white. We picked up and moved to a new house with nothing but our beds and clothes because a pregnant white girl got knocked out cold on our front lawn by a baseball bat in a racially charged brawl amongst a group of black and white teens that spilled down my block. It was so violent that the first two cops that showed up just got back in their cars. So, yeah, I experienced what you are talking about.

This new area we moved to was 5/95 black/white. I have never in my life seen the type of racism I witnessed from the 5th grade until the end of high school, just some vile *** cunning ****. I hung out with a lot of black kids in HS, was even classified as a "wigger" because I wore Nike gear and Nautica and wasn't in Mossimo and Big Johnson shirts like every other white kid. There was a simple weed deal that went bad(I wouldn't pay for an ounce of sticks and seeds) between me and a black kid. Black kid threatened to shoot me one day. I showed up at home and there are 30 rednecks at my house ready to go find him, kids that I knew didn't like me, just because of the chance to go kick the **** out of a black kid. Black kid ended up in jail a couple years later for shooting somebody btw. There were kids that would openly call black kids porch monkeys, moon crickets, et al. in class.

Basically, people in general are just racist AF in my experience, nobody wants to admit it, and everybody wants to make excuses about how (insert race) are the most racist.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah Ta nehisi Coats... author of such gems as:

ĎItís Impossible to Imagine Trump Without the Force of Whiteness'

"I'm not black, I'm Kanye"

" Itís Time for Trump Voters to Face the Bitter Truth"

You're right, I started reading, and stopped at "we all know Donald Trump..."

I'm sure he is well respected in the drum circle, but here in the real world, he's just another **** bag.
the drum circle? okay, chief!
Old 05-11-2018, 02:15 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

As far as racism getting "worse" though, from an anecdotal white guy perspective, it's bullshit. I still live in the same area I described, and it's now probably 15ish/85 black/white. Maybe it's because I'm 20 years removed from high school and don't have to associate with dumb *** rednecks, but nobody seems to give a **** like they used to. In 1990 you wouldn't find a black family in a white neighborhood, and if you did, people were weird about it. I live in the most middle class of middle class neighborhoods(we got the whole clubhouse pool thing, but it's a neighborhood of 8 or so house designs of the same 3br 2ba 2 car garage, 2,000sqf houses). It's filled with all kinds of families from all kinds of racial backgrounds, there is next to no crime, and everybody gets along/waves/says hello/is friendly. You would not have seen that in 1990 up here.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:27 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

okay, chief!
that's what I thought.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the drum circle? okay, chief!
Lulz, he's the **** bag.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:48 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
Lulz, he's the **** bag.
Not even.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
As far as racism getting "worse" though, from an anecdotal white guy perspective, it's bullshit. I still live in the same area I described, and it's now probably 15ish/85 black/white. Maybe it's because I'm 20 years removed from high school and don't have to associate with dumb *** rednecks, but nobody seems to give a **** like they used to. In 1990 you wouldn't find a black family in a white neighborhood, and if you did, people were weird about it. I live in the most middle class of middle class neighborhoods(we got the whole clubhouse pool thing, but it's a neighborhood of 8 or so house designs of the same 3br 2ba 2 car garage, 2,000sqf houses). It's filled with all kinds of families from all kinds of racial backgrounds, there is next to no crime, and everybody gets along/waves/says hello/is friendly. You would not have seen that in 1990 up here.
i don't think it's getting worse, i think it's becoming more prevalent. when homeboy found out that the author of the article i posted was black, he started talking about drum circles. i don't know how he's going to try, or if he will try, to spin it. however, that's pretty racist. the current political climate exploits the current racial divide in public discourse. i was watching the news earlier and there was a woman discussing federal judge nominees not answering whether they believe brown v. board of ed. was decided correctly (neil gorsuch started the trend i believe). how else can you interpret that? i don't see that as anything but the exploitation of existing racial divides in the name of conservatism.

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
Lulz, he's the **** bag.
that was wild. i'm gonna ignore him and hope he goes away.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:27 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

i don't think it's getting worse, i think it's becoming more prevalent. when homeboy found out that the author of the article i posted was black, he started talking about drum circles. i don't know how he's going to try, or if he will try, to spin it. however, that's pretty racist. the current political climate exploits the current racial divide in public discourse. i was watching the news earlier and there was a woman discussing federal judge nominees not answering whether they believe brown v. board of ed. was decided correctly (neil gorsuch started the trend i believe). how else can you interpret that? i don't see that as anything but the exploitation of existing racial divides in the name of conservatism.
It's all a matter of perspective, but I took it as a native american drum circle i.e. him commenting on your (what he perceives as)political tribalism. Racism being in that comment never crossed my mind, but like I said, it's all a matter of perspective and context.

There is an exploration of it by "conservatives"/hard core right wingers. I'm still not sure I agree on it being more widespread today, the incidences of it. Once again, this is from a white guy perspective.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:27 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

that was wild. i'm gonna ignore him and hope he goes away.
"Homeboy" thought the article was trash before he knew who wrote it, I didn't even bother to look until after you said the author was well respected, then he turned out to be black, and writes primarily about race and politics. Again, I thought the article, and the author were garbage before I even knew who wrote it. I also think it's funny that your mind goes directly to race when I said "drum circle." but I was referring to the granola munching, vegan, male feminist, hipster, virtue signaling, community college lawn drum circle,(ironically culturally appropriating native Americans), not the type you'd find in Uganda.

I'm sure you are a nice kid and mean well, but you are promulgating the problem. There is now and always will be inequity, going both ways, but as a whole, there isn't another place on earth better to be a person of color than the United States. If we keep drawing divisive lines in the sand and niggle about from our respective sides, nothing will ever get better for everyone. Things will change here and there, but they will always be at one's expense, and as soon as the inequity scale tips, we start all over again.

Last edited by oneludesol; 05-11-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Oracle of GDD

lol, no.

First off, there is no left-wing Breitbart.

Second of all, The Atlantic employs Republicans--David Frum is probably their biggest name, and he is a former GW Bush speechwriter and well-known neocon.

You won't find any left-wing people at Breitbart. Not even any centrists, or traditional conservatives, or neocons.

If we keep drawing divisive lines in the sand and niggle
Like "drum circle", this can be explained benignly...but it's easy to get the wrong idea.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:46 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Like "drum circle", this can be explained benignly...but it's easy to get the wrong idea.
no, benign is benign. The wrong idea must be formulated, either out of malice or pure stupidity, but I don't excuse stupidity in the age of Google. I refuse to streamline my vocabulary out of fear that someone may not like a word based on where their imagination takes them by looking at it.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Oracle of GDD

I refuse to streamline my vocabulary out of fear that someone may not like a word based on where their imagination takes them by looking at it.
So, you might say that you like to be not a *****rd of your speech?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.