Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

 
Old 05-11-2018, 08:50 AM
  #26  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
Sad to hear the younger college age ones. I know older generations are bad about it but hoped our younger generations were getting rid of it

It's what happens when racists have kids, unfortunately.
816d16 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM
  #27  
INSERT TITLE HERE
 
newt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Posts: 1,444
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
That's flawed logic. I know my immediate neighbors, their habits, and their families. It's unavoidable to notice after living somewhere for as little as 6 months. If I saw people carrying things out of my neighbor's house without them being home, I would either approach them myself, or call the police, regardless of their race. It's a harmless interaction, the police swing by, find out who they are and that they're legit, and leave. Simple as that, no need to make a big deal out of it, no need to get all but hurt. On the other hand, the whole family could be tied up, tortured, raped, and awaiting execution somewhere in the house while people are carrying things out, and no one has the ***** to call the police out of fear of seeming racist. **** that ****.
I've lived in my house for 20 years and I don't know much about my neighbors at all. Don't really talk to them much and wouldn't know a visitor from a burglar if my life depended on it. Like I said, I keep to myself mainly.
newt2 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM
  #28  
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,527
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
I've lived in my house for 20 years and I don't know much about my neighbors at all. Don't really talk to them much and wouldn't know a visitor from a burglar if my life depended on it. Like I said, I keep to myself mainly.
And WE ALL GET THAT. Point is, you know damn well there's nosy *** ******* people these days. EVERYWHERE.
usdm420 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:52 AM
  #29  
INSERT TITLE HERE
 
newt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Posts: 1,444
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
And WE ALL GET THAT. Point is, you know damn well there's nosy *** ******* people these days. EVERYWHERE.
Right, and they suck. That's all I'm saying.
newt2 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:56 AM
  #30  
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,527
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

I totally agree!
SOMETIMES though....sometimes, they do actually help catch someone. But yes, more often than not it's annoying as ****!
usdm420 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 09:11 AM
  #31  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,898
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
Sad to hear the younger college age ones. I know older generations are bad about it but hoped our younger generations were getting rid of it
Not only are we not getting rid of it, but it's getting worse.

As things like the Holcaust and the Civil Rights movement fade from memory we are lapsing back into old habits, not remembering where they got us last time.
Ross is online now  
Old 05-11-2018, 09:29 AM
  #32  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
AZ_CIVIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,484
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

380 million people with 380 million different attitudes, ways of thinking and opinions and somehow we think things should be perfect? You will ALWAYS have some sort of racism against any person, does OP think that there is only a problem with whites hating blacks? I guarantee that just as many blacks hate whites or Mexicans. You think a white person would be treated well if they went into a mostly black area, neighborhood or part of a city?

The problem is really the media hyping up situations like they are serious problems. Just look at the news stories headlines, anytime there is an issue regarding a black person the headlines look like this: "White Women calls police on Black Women sleeping in study area" why not have a story headline "Women calls police on another women for sleeping in study area"? The reason why is because they want to sell a story or click bait people into reading a story. The hot topic right now is racism but like others have mentioned overall racism is nothing like it was in the past and is getting better but if you get your news from social media you would think it's much worse.

Why if a white cop kills a white person you never hear that story but and if you do it's "Officer kills car jack suspect" if its a black guys it's "White police officer kills Black car jack suspect" from there you have protests, every news outlet covers the story and all of a sudden you have a month of craze. Then you find out that the cop killed the guy after he car jacked three cars, went on a high speed chase putting the lives of dozens of people at risk and then pulled a gun on police. Once that news breaks no one cares.
AZ_CIVIC is online now  
Old 05-11-2018, 09:30 AM
  #33  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
AZ_CIVIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,484
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Not only are we not getting rid of it, but it's getting worse.

As things like the Holcaust and the Civil Rights movement fade from memory we are lapsing back into old habits, not remembering where they got us last time.
Total BS.
AZ_CIVIC is online now  
Old 05-11-2018, 09:32 AM
  #34  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,683
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

We all know it happens. If you are "different" in anyway from the people around you there is always going to be some awkwardness.

Take your pasty *** to Como in Fort Worth and see how warm your welcome is.

The media portrayal of a lot of these events are nothing more than self-fulfilling prophecy though.
Knightsport is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 09:36 AM
  #35  
#stillneedsadiaper
 
solsisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 33
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
And WE ALL GET THAT. Point is, you know damn well there's nosy *** ******* people these days. EVERYWHERE.
I didn't care about my neighbors until crackheads moved into the garage next door. now 3 people have cameras pointed at the house and we are putting together a neighborhood watch with the police department
solsisters is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 09:38 AM
  #36  
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,527
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
Total BS.
Stop forgetting about the Holocaust man
usdm420 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 10:16 AM
  #37  
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
I've lived in my house for 20 years and I don't know much about my neighbors at all. Don't really talk to them much and wouldn't know a visitor from a burglar if my life depended on it. Like I said, I keep to myself mainly.
There's no right or wrong way to do it IMHO. You'll have neighbors being neighborly, and ones that stick to themselves, as long as there's no overreach or obnoxious behavior, it's all good. Personally, I rest assured when I'm away from home, that my next door neighbor is a retired LEO, and would not hesitate to politely protect my home, my property, and my family if he noticed something out of the ordinary.

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
And WE ALL GET THAT. Point is, you know damn well there's nosy *** ******* people these days. EVERYWHERE.

Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
Right, and they suck. That's all I'm saying.
Nosy people do suck, alert people who take care of each other don't. There's a difference.
oneludesol is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 10:25 AM
  #38  
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,527
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
There's no right or wrong way to do it IMHO. You'll have neighbors being neighborly, and ones that stick to themselves, as long as there's no overreach or obnoxious behavior, it's all good. Personally, I rest assured when I'm away from home, that my next door neighbor is a retired LEO, and would not hesitate to politely protect my home, my property, and my family if he noticed something out of the ordinary.

No ******* joke.....I got a call about a year ago from the Gangbangers across the street from my Mom's house that I grew up with....they called me to ask if my Mom knew some guy in a *insert truck here*. I said no, and they went over to check...turned out to be the gardener.
But not ONCE will I bitch about some **** like that. I was actually put at ease knowing my "homies" from back then are still looking out for my Mom and her house when I'm not around.
usdm420 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 10:26 AM
  #39  
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,527
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Now I wish I had footage of the gardener's face when 3 Vatos strolled up asking him what he was doing in my Mom's backyard lol
usdm420 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 10:36 AM
  #40  
footwork mastery
 
.Grimace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bigger, Faster, Smarter, Stronger
Posts: 5,934
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Uhhhh the "girl" at the College that called the Cops is 43. Let that sink in....43 year old LIVING IN A DORM. Kinda cues you in on the type of loser we're dealing with.
Oh **** I didn't read the story. 43 she must be going for her 3rd masters in useless items like African Dance History, well probably European dance history because racist

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
It's what happens when racists have kids, unfortunately.
Yea thats true too
.Grimace is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 11:31 AM
  #41  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
black_EM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,381
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
380 million people with 380 million different attitudes, ways of thinking and opinions and somehow we think things should be perfect? You will ALWAYS have some sort of racism against any person, does OP think that there is only a problem with whites hating blacks? I guarantee that just as many blacks hate whites or Mexicans. You think a white person would be treated well if they went into a mostly black area, neighborhood or part of a city?

The problem is really the media hyping up situations like they are serious problems. Just look at the news stories headlines, anytime there is an issue regarding a black person the headlines look like this: "White Women calls police on Black Women sleeping in study area" why not have a story headline "Women calls police on another women for sleeping in study area"? The reason why is because they want to sell a story or click bait people into reading a story. The hot topic right now is racism but like others have mentioned overall racism is nothing like it was in the past and is getting better but if you get your news from social media you would think it's much worse.

Why if a white cop kills a white person you never hear that story but and if you do it's "Officer kills car jack suspect" if its a black guys it's "White police officer kills Black car jack suspect" from there you have protests, every news outlet covers the story and all of a sudden you have a month of craze. Then you find out that the cop killed the guy after he car jacked three cars, went on a high speed chase putting the lives of dozens of people at risk and then pulled a gun on police. Once that news breaks no one cares.
Many think it's getting worse. I don't disagree, and that just from things I've seen in life.

Not the news.

By the way, that FSU graduation usher that was pushing kids off stage pushed graduates of all "races". Received the same amount of attention as anything else. And statistically speaking, policing against blacks (minorities) is substantially more heavy handed than it is against whites.

Care to try to play it down some more?
black_EM1 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:02 PM
  #42  
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
Many think it's getting worse. I don't disagree, and that just from things I've seen in life.

Not the news.













chronology begs to differ.
oneludesol is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:03 PM
  #43  
#stillneedsadiaper
 
solsisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 33
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

that a transgender muslim in the last pic?
solsisters is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:06 PM
  #44  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,683
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Yeah I'm not really a believer in this "Black President, things have changed," narrative.

Sure it would be completely unheard of 50 years ago but the thing about complacency is that if you are satisfied with all you have at present then you can expect no better circumstances in the future.
Knightsport is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:12 PM
  #45  
Honda-Tech Member
 
JDMKAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WSPT
Posts: 1,498
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

but..... what about all the times racial profiling works and stops, prevents, and solves crime.
(sorry I do not have statistical evidence to back this claim up)
JDMKAY is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:12 PM
  #46  
#stillneedsadiaper
 
solsisters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 33
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

we wuz kangz
solsisters is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:21 PM
  #47  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,683
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

:shakeshead:
Knightsport is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:41 PM
  #48  
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Yeah I'm not really a believer in this "Black President, things have changed," narrative.

Sure it would be completely unheard of 50 years ago but the thing about complacency is that if you are satisfied with all you have at present then you can expect no better circumstances in the future.
There's so sense to this statement whatsoever... what's not to believe in them going from chains to the white house in a little over a hundred years? From segregation to a climate where a the black child of wealthy parents has more financial aid and opportunity in education than a white kid from poor parents.
oneludesol is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:46 PM
  #49  
INSERT TITLE HERE
 
newt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Posts: 1,444
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
There's so sense to this statement whatsoever... what's not to believe in them going from chains to the white house in a little over a hundred years? From segregation to a climate where a the black child of wealthy parents has more financial aid and opportunity in education than a white kid from poor parents.
I think the point is that there's been some backlash against that progress lately.
newt2 is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:49 PM
  #50  
Honda-Tech Member
 
GS'D YA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NH (south canada)
Posts: 2,297
Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
Of course it's he said she said until the camera starts rolling, but apparently he was being disruptive, arguing loud af with employees, asked to leave, didn't, cops were called. He clearly was "resisting" being detained/arrested. I have no problem with Billy Bob slamming his *** on the ground when he won't put his hands behind his back. Where Billy Bob fucked up was putting his hands on that boys theneck and choking him like he's owed him money since Holyfield Tyson. I got no problem with anything the cop did outside of that, but the officer should be fired for putting his hands on his throat like that.

Wasnt talmbout that incident

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/p...eading-it.html
GS'D YA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.