Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Old 05-14-2019, 11:59 AM
816d16 owes me money!

Default Re: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Here's a "good one" *facepalms hard AF*

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops-...CLyUuADLHlQE1Q

Initial Police "report":

Baytown Detectives are on the scene of an Officer involved shooting in the 1600 block of Garth Road. It is very early in the investigation however what detectives have learned thus far is one of our officers, an 11 year veteran with the department, was patrolling an apartment complex in the 1600 block of Garth Road when he came across a 45 year old female that he knew from previous encounters and knew she had outstanding warrants. The officer contacted the female and attempted to arrest her at which time a struggle ensued, forcing the officer to deploy his department issued Taser at the female. It appears that as the officer was then attempting to handcuff the female she was able to gain control of his Taser and turned it on the officer, Tasing the officer, which forced the officer to draw his duty weapon and fire multiple rounds at the female, striking her at least once. The female has been pronounced deceased at the scene. The Harris County District Attorney’s Office is on scene and assisting in the investigation, as is normal in these types of incidents. Any future updates will be provided via an official press release later today, as the investigation unfolds.

Lt. Steve Dorris

So let me get this straight....

Once a cop fires off the taser, there is no cartridge in it to "fire back at the officer"...she would've had to touch him with it to do anything (literally press it into him)....so you're telling me he couldn't out maneuver a pregnant 45 year old, out of shape woman that's on the ground....and had to resort to shooting her?

What a gigantic *****.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:10 PM
shit post warrior

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Here's a "good one" *facepalms hard AF*

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops-...CLyUuADLHlQE1Q

Initial Police "report":

Baytown Detectives are on the scene of an Officer involved shooting in the 1600 block of Garth Road. It is very early in the investigation however what detectives have learned thus far is one of our officers, an 11 year veteran with the department, was patrolling an apartment complex in the 1600 block of Garth Road when he came across a 45 year old female that he knew from previous encounters and knew she had outstanding warrants. The officer contacted the female and attempted to arrest her at which time a struggle ensued, forcing the officer to deploy his department issued Taser at the female. It appears that as the officer was then attempting to handcuff the female she was able to gain control of his Taser and turned it on the officer, Tasing the officer, which forced the officer to draw his duty weapon and fire multiple rounds at the female, striking her at least once. The female has been pronounced deceased at the scene. The Harris County District Attorney’s Office is on scene and assisting in the investigation, as is normal in these types of incidents. Any future updates will be provided via an official press release later today, as the investigation unfolds.

Lt. Steve Dorris

So let me get this straight....

Once a cop fires off the taser, there is no cartridge in it to "fire back at the officer"...she would've had to touch him with it to do anything (literally press it into him)....so you're telling me he couldn't out maneuver a pregnant 45 year old, out of shape woman that's on the ground....and had to resort to shooting her?

What a gigantic *****.
There’s a vid associated with the story. I thought the cop would have at least tried to say she reached for his handgun. **** is fucked up regardless!
Old 05-14-2019, 12:11 PM
816d16 owes me money!

The video is in the link...it's absolutely disgusting how he claims he felt threatened. He backed out of her reach completely (which at that point the cartridge-less tazer has ZERO use)...and THEN he plugs her 4-5 times. She remained down on the ground mind you, while he was now on his feet and mobile.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:05 PM
816d16 owes me money!

Cop pulls up to a random black guy with dreds in front of his own home and immediately try to arrest him for a warrant in another state. Turns out, it's not the guy.....gee, shocking.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cop pulls up to a random black guy with dreds in front of his own home and immediately try to arrest him for a warrant in another state. Turns out, it's not the guy.....gee, shocking.

https://twitter.com/haaohaoo/status/1128320075734376448
That was some BS. Srsly, bro should have defused the situation by showing his ID. The cop was all types of wrong but you really don't want to get shot or killed behind some BS. I know filling filing complaints suck but **** it beats the alternative.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The video is in the link...it's absolutely disgusting how he claims he felt threatened. He backed out of her reach completely (which at that point the cartridge-less tazer has ZERO use)...and THEN he plugs her 4-5 times. She remained down on the ground mind you, while he was now on his feet and mobile.
That was just ridiculous. The cop needs to be sitting in jail until the trial.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:27 PM
816d16 owes me money!

Yeah, I got nervous for the dude when he started "resisting".
Old 05-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is exactly how I felt.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:14 PM
shit post warrior

Me too.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:43 PM
Screw you guys, I'm... going... home.

Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
Guess that kills off the "only after the money" narrative that some posters love to use.
Sadly, no. It's just another zombie meme, and I'm sure they'll use it again just as soon as they think everyone has forgotten the good deeds.

https://twitter.com/haaohaoo/status/1128320075734376448
C'mon man, he looked exactly like that other guy. He had black skin.

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
That was some BS. Srsly, bro should have defused the situation by showing his ID. The cop was all types of wrong but you really don't want to get shot or killed behind some BS. I know filling filing complaints suck but **** it beats the alternative.
Who, the black guy? You think the black guy should have reached into his back pocket and pulled out a threatening object to defuse the situation!? No no no no no, not unless he wanted to die on the spot.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tjbizzo View Post
Who, the black guy? You think the black guy should have reached into his back pocket and pulled out a threatening object to defuse the situation!? No no no no no, not unless he wanted to die on the spot.
Unfortunately, you bring up a good point which shows just how out of bounds the whole situation is.

The lady being shot was far worse.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, there's always the bad but the link below makes me think the world is still full of good.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:43 AM
Cole Trickle

Yep. Could've been another Philando Castile situation.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:44 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

if he would've just let the police officer arrest him for nothing on his own property this wouldn't even be news????
Old 05-15-2019, 04:49 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
if he would've just let the police officer arrest him for nothing on his own property this wouldn't even be news????
SAYIN
Old 05-15-2019, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If that guy made any threatening gestures, he's be dead. Guaranteed.

I hate to be that guy, but I would sue that department on principal. Yes. the law states that you need to actually be arrested in order for civil rights to be violated. Wouldn't actually care about winning, just the principal of the matter. Odds are this will happen. but there's so much that could gone wrong there.

Especially in Texas.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:53 PM
Screw you guys, I'm... going... home.

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Yep. Could've been another Philando Castile situation.
Exactly. Even when the police ask a black guy for his ID they STILL might shoot him when he reaches for it.

Cop: “He’s reaching for a gun!” :pew: :pew: :pew: “Oh, that was his wallet for the ID I asked for? My bad, but don’t hold me responsible for shooting him. Nobody could’ve known.”

Old 05-16-2019, 04:51 AM
Cole Trickle

Exactly. Even when the police ask a black guy for his ID they STILL might shoot him when he reaches for it.

Cop: “He’s reaching for a gun!” :pew: :pew: :pew: “Oh, that was his wallet for the ID I asked for? My bad, but don’t hold me responsible for shooting him. Nobody could’ve known.”

"I feared for my life"
Old 05-16-2019, 04:54 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

stop!

Drop!

open up shop!

JK you were going to die at the end of this no matter what

Old 05-16-2019, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That "former" cop needs to be hunted down.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:03 AM
El Chico

This thread make me ill.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:13 AM
Cole Trickle

Why the fck did he want him to crawl towards him? That cop deserves life in prison for murder.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you haven't read, that's the case of Daniel Shaver.

Murdered in clod blood, and the "officer" walked free. It's a pretty sickening story.

Edited because I misspoke.

Last edited by black_EM1; 05-16-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:08 AM
Head Of Bespoke

Damn wtf Arizona.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
If you haven't read, that's the case of Daniel Shaver.

Murdered in clod blood, and the "officer" walked free. It's a pretty sickening story.

1 2 NV didn't see any issues with it, if I remember correctly.
Actually that was the one you two mostly agreed on.

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV View Post
That's the one. Just watched that video again. Still gets me in the feels. That officer is a bad dude. That kid was scared shitless. He posted no threat. His voice was trembling. That was painful to watch.
Officer acquitted. Unbelievable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racial Profiling, The Political Climate and You

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.