R3 - SOLD - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R3 - SOLD

Old 03-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default R3 - SOLD

I know there's some more experienced riders in here, I sold my R3 with the intent to upgrade to a 600cc this spring. I know that they all aren't meant for long road trips and I shouldn't expect comfort to be a priority. I've test ridden a GSXR-600 and definitely felt less relaxed. However, I hear some of the 600s are more comfortable than the others, and I often hear the R6 is the most uncomfortable and race-oriented of them all. Any particular years that are really good for the ninja or the gsx-r? I have done plenty of research into CBRs already and know which years are best, and I've always liked hondas so my first choice is leaning towards that, but I wont rule out the kawi or suzuki either! and the gsxr 750 I will look for too, but they arent very plentiful around here
Old 03-02-2019, 04:05 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Default Re: R3 - SOLD

Hopefully you find a bike before spring.

I got a good deal on my bike because it was February.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
Hopefully you find a bike before spring.

I got a good deal on my bike because it was February.
You think i should do that? Does that actually make a difference?
Old 03-02-2019, 04:11 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Winter is the season for good deals on used bikes. Come spring prices jack up. New bikes, spring is the time for deals on last year's models.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse2011 View Post
I know there's some more experienced riders in here, I sold my R3 with the intent to upgrade to a 600cc this spring. I know that they all aren't meant for long road trips and I shouldn't expect comfort to be a priority. I've test ridden a GSXR-600 and definitely felt less relaxed. However, I hear some of the 600s are more comfortable than the others, and I often hear the R6 is the most uncomfortable and race-oriented of them all. Any particular years that are really good for the ninja or the gsx-r? I have done plenty of research into CBRs already and know which years are best, and I've always liked hondas so my first choice is leaning towards that, but I wont rule out the kawi or suzuki either! and the gsxr 750 I will look for too, but they arent very plentiful around here
There are aftermarket seats. I had a Corbin and I could do 400 miles no problem.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Winter is the season for good deals on used bikes. Come spring prices jack up. New bikes, spring is the time for deals on last year's models.
What are your opinions on the 600s? I test rode that GSXR last year and it felt really nice, and tbh the reliability is going to be more dependent on the PO and less on the brand since they are all good, but I know some years are more solid than others for each OEM
Old 03-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Having worked in one of the biggest bike shops in Canada I was privy to taking home over night and over the weekends my choice of over 100+ used and demo bikes. The GSXR is imo the most comfortable of the bunch. Suzuki uses some soft gel (softer than the other brands) grips, their seat has narrower foam allowing your feet to touch the ground easier, that and the seat itself is the most comfortable. The CBR would be the runner up for best overall. My least favorite being the ninja. I hated the power band delivery, the seat and handle bar locations and the styling. Yamaha R6 has been my go to bikes. They are the most uncomfortable but as you mentioned the most race prepped, highest hp and I love the power band compared to other 600 class bikes. I really did like the gsxr and almost picked one up a few times.

At the end of the day they are all great bikes. My advice, if you see something you really like that is $500-1000 more spend the extra. Bike buyers always surprised me at how stubborn they were on price when the difference between $500-1000 in price would often be dramatic differences in what you could get. Don't be stubborn. Also, sit on each bike. This will be the biggest decision maker since everyone has a different body. Some people will fit better on a different bike compared to another. Find one that you feel the most comfortable and enjoy. You want to be confident and comfortable on your bike especially in that class.

All the best with your choice. I'd probably pick up a gsxr based on what you said you want in a bike.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Prudz_lude View Post
Having worked in one of the biggest bike shops in Canada I was privy to taking home over night and over the weekends my choice of over 100+ used and demo bikes. The GSXR is imo the most comfortable of the bunch. Suzuki uses some soft gel (softer than the other brands) grips, their seat has narrower foam allowing your feet to touch the ground easier, that and the seat itself is the most comfortable. The CBR would be the runner up for best overall. My least favorite being the ninja. I hated the power band delivery, the seat and handle bar locations and the styling. Yamaha R6 has been my go to bikes. They are the most uncomfortable but as you mentioned the most race prepped, highest hp and I love the power band compared to other 600 class bikes. I really did like the gsxr and almost picked one up a few times.

At the end of the day they are all great bikes. My advice, if you see something you really like that is $500-1000 more spend the extra. Bike buyers always surprised me at how stubborn they were on price when the difference between $500-1000 in price would often be dramatic differences in what you could get. Don't be stubborn. Also, sit on each bike. This will be the biggest decision maker since everyone has a different body. Some people will fit better on a different bike compared to another. Find one that you feel the most comfortable and enjoy. You want to be confident and comfortable on your bike especially in that class.

All the best with your choice. I'd probably pick up a gsxr based on what you said you want in a bike.
thanks. So as to not waste any private sellers' time, I'll pop into the dealership and test ride a cbr and a ninja and a gsxr back to back to back and then dip out. should give me a comfort bench mark for what to look for in private party sales
Old 03-02-2019, 05:16 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

What are your opinions on the 600s? I test rode that GSXR last year and it felt really nice, and tbh the reliability is going to be more dependent on the PO and less on the brand since they are all good, but I know some years are more solid than others for each OEM
I have no opinion because I'm a ***** and a 250cc class was enough to have fun and not die
Old 03-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Nu Sigma Alpha

OP:

Old 03-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K.F14 View Post
OP:

Old 03-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Get a Corbin saddle. Makes 300 mile rides much more comfortable. As for geometry, the more hiked up your saddle to bar ratio, the more weight on your wrist. But just ride fast and sit up. The wind will keep you up and no wrist problems. Just get a really nice, quiet helmet. Also, adjust your sag, compression and rebound asap. Nothing worse than riding a bike with soggy settings. And learn to do wheelies. Bitches love wheelies.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ScareyH22A View Post
Get a Corbin saddle. Makes 300 mile rides much more comfortable. As for geometry, the more hiked up your saddle to bar ratio, the more weight on your wrist. But just ride fast and sit up. The wind will keep you up and no wrist problems. Just get a really nice, quiet helmet. Also, adjust your sag, compression and rebound asap. Nothing worse than riding a bike with soggy settings. And learn to do wheelies. Bitches love wheelies.
ive heard good things about corbin
Old 03-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Tickle-shits

Why not buy a naked bike if you’re mega worried about comfort?
Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post
Why not buy a naked bike if youíre mega worried about comfort?
i wouldnt say i am "worried", but all things considered equal amongst the big 4 i would rather not have a sore *** vs a less sore ***.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:41 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

TFW you sell your R3 to buy a Cruiser and then buy a 600 and then still want a Cruiser

MAKE UP YO DAMN MIND WOMAN
Old 03-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TFW you sell your R3 to buy a Cruiser and then buy a 600 and then still want a Cruiser

MAKE UP YO DAMN MIND WOMAN
haha i want both
Old 03-03-2019, 08:24 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

If you’re still in school I’d keep saving money and not buying stuff just cause you want it

But that’s just me
Old 03-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Tickle-shits

i wouldnt say i am "worried", but all things considered equal amongst the big 4 i would rather not have a sore *** vs a less sore ***.
Go get an MT07, best of all worlds.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
If youíre still in school Iíd keep saving money and not buying stuff just cause you want it

But thatís just me
i got my money under control, dont worry. Big amount in my savings account
Old 03-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

haha i want both
Then get a ******* vrod. Almost as fast as a 600, and looks/sounds badass and is a cruiser.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:08 AM
Plead da Fif

How many different motorcycle threads does one person need.

ffs
Old 03-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Tickle-shits

OP, Harley Street Rod? Great combo of cruiser and sport/naked
Old 03-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Really if i were inclined to go hybrid SS/cruiser i would just get a buell firebolt. I think a true SS is what i want, i can get another cruiser later on down the road. So ill just hit up the dealership and see what models they have and just budget in a gel seat.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:38 AM
Tickle-shits

There is no making a SS truly comfortable, don’t lie to yourself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.