Problem's with a company called Kraftswerk. Please read and spread the word. - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Problem's with a company called Kraftswerk. Please read and spread the word.

Old 10-06-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default Problem's with a company called Kraftswerk. Please read and spread the word.

Problems with Kraftswerk and their so called year warranty and s**ty customer service.

Link to orginal post. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1623555

For the lazy:

My cousin drives a 99 MKIII Jetta 2.0. Back in August he was driving and all of a sudden his car made some weird noises and stopped moving. He called me and I towed him home. We jack the car up and see a hole in the tranny. I do some searching on vortex and find out this is a common problem with these transmissions that the rivets break loose and the gears come apart.

He started looking around for a new transmission. I told him to just buy a used transmission for a few hundred bucks and be good to go. He finds this place called Kraftswerk and after taking with them decides to purchase a transmission from them which cost over a grand.

Now according to them and their site the transmissions have the following inside of them. All transmissions are built with genuine Volkswagen OEM replacement parts: SYNCHROS, BEARINGS, BUSHINGS, and SEALS. Rivets are removed and a bolt kit is fitted on the differential of all of our rebuilt transmissions. He purchased this transmission because according to them this bolt kit fixed the problem of the rivets breaking and the transmission ultimately failing. He also purchased this transmission because it comes with a 12 month warranty. So he figured it instead of buying a used transmission for a few hundred bucks and then having to worry about the same thing happening again he would spend all this money and do it right the first time.

Fast forward to this past weekend. He is driving home from the movies with his girlfriend and all of a sudden he hears the same dam noise and his car stops and does not go anywhere. I get a phone call at like 11:30 at night to come tow him home again. I get in my rollback and go pick him up. I tow him back to his house and we jack up the car and sure as sh** a hole in the bottom of the transmission.

He was all upset and crying because he could not believe this happened again not to mention he just spent over a $1000 dollars on something that was supposed to not do this and it has not even been two months. I told him not to worry about it because I thought the transmissions had a 12 month warranty. I said call up Kraftswerk on Monday and see what they have to say about it.

He calls them up on Monday and speaks with a guy named Sean(not sure if that is how you spell his name) and Sean tells him that there is no way the transmission could have just broken like that and he is not going to warranty it. He said because stupid kids now a days don't know how to drive that he was probably beating on the car and that is why it broke. Sean did not even offer to have him send the transmission back and he would take a look at it or anything. He just said NO I AM NOT GOING TO WARRANTY THIS TRANSMISSION.

Now this is the warranty clearly stated on their site.
TRANSMISSIONS ARE GUARANTEED FOR A PERIOD OF 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. TRANSMISSION WILL NOT BE COVERED BY GUARANTEE DUE TO ABUSE, NEGLECT, RACING OF ANY KIND, OFF-ROAD USE, IMPROPER INSTALLATION, OR FAILURE DUE TO ANY COMPONENT/PART NOT INCLUDED IN KRAFTSWERK’S TRANSMISSIONS. HIGH PERFORMANCE OR NON-STOCK PARTS/COMPONENTS OF TRANSMISSIONS CARRY NO GUARANTEE/WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WARRANTY VALID ONLY UPON INSPECTION OF UNIT.

The last line says WARRANTY VALID ONLY UPON INSPECTION OF UNIT
Sean does not even want to look at the transmission to determine what really caused the failure.

So today I call Kraftswerk and act like I am interested in purchasing a transmission. I speak with Sean and asked him how much for a transmission and so on and so forth. He then said about his warranty and I questioned his warranty because it sounded a little vague. He told me on the phone that the transmissions come with a one year unlimited warranty.

When I then asked him why he was not going to warranty my cousins transmission that was not even 30 days old he comes up with this bullsh*T and said kids in America beat these cars this and that. That is why they brought over this transmission to the US because of kids beating on their cars. He then claimed that over in Germany they don't need this transmission because the people over there do not beat on the transmissions. I told him I have plenty of friends over there and they beat the **** out of their VW and don't have any issues. He went on and on with more BS.

The funny thing is he is claiming my cousin beat on it when he did not even look at the transmission nor did he even offer to take a look at it. Just instantly said the warranty is voided.

Bottom line of this whole long post is Sean did not address the problem. Right away he claimed that my cousin beat the transmission and that is why it broke. He did not even say send it to me and let me look at it.

Any honest business man who sells a transmission that is supposed to fix the problem and then comes apart within 30 days should stand by his product. The total lack of respect and unwilling ness to even look at the transmission just shows the true color of this company.

I told him I going to contact the BBB and the attorney General and also post on the boards to let him other people know how he does not stand by his product and also how his warranty online holds about as much water as a bag with a million holes in it. His response to this was "You can go post all you want on the internet. Its guys like you why I took my internet site down. "

Funny thing is his site is still up and running. If anyone has any problems like this with this company please let me know. As my cousin will most likely be pursuing legal actions against this company.

Also if you would like to visit his site here is the address.
http://www.kraftswerk.com/home.html
Here is the number if you would like to call and question him yourself. 909.926.9636

Not really sure where to post this so mods if this is the incorrect place please move.

Thanks for reading and please spread the word
Chad
underpressure02 is offline   Reply With Quote