Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with selling my car

Old 03-24-2006, 11:17 AM

Default problem with selling my car

Bare with.

Okay, so I had interest in my car a couple days ago. I got a message in my email saying " Will you take $6800 for your Integra". My original post was $8000 firm, saftied and e-tested, but it came to my attention that I need to pay off some bills and move on with my life, so I said come check the car out. Anways they came and looked over the car for a few hours, loved it. Everything was good. The next day they came to drive it, boyfriend and girlfriend. Apparently she cant drive standard so he drove it with her in the passenger. Anways, I get a call this morning "we want to buy the car but we want it saftied and e-tested". I was like "I knocked off $1200 from the original price which was firm. I'll see what I can do". I got the flu and Iveb een bed ridden since. Anways, he writes me back and says "I got an appointment for my mechanic at 9am for the car to be loooked at for safety and emissions testing". I was like "no, I will take it to my mechanic" then the dude flips and says "your making this complicated blah blah, our mechanic isvery knowledable. Yeah, and your mechanic will also say it needs all this **** that it doesnt, so no thanks. I hung up. A few hours later I get a message on my computer saying "I want it saftied and e-tested so we can get plates or well walk".

What would you do?

Also, Ive had tons of interest in the car, but never really put it up for sale. I plan on putting it in the auto sales magazine that stretches through my province.. apparently I could get atleast 8k for it on there in no time.

My friend told me to tell the guy, take it or leave it. Its not leaving the driveway unless the money is in full. The agreement was 8000 firm with safety and e-test, not 6800. You dont get that with 6800.

Suggestions??

here's a pic of the car.

my mod list, theres prob more im missing.

95 Integra
B16 Head
B16 Throttle Body
B16 Intake Manifold
00 JDM ITR Cams
P28 JUN Chipped ECU
95 LS Block
B16A tranny with LS 5TH (hybrid race mixture)
Clutch Master Stage 2 (3000km's)
JDM ITR flywheel (12lb)
Solo Short Shift
Tanabe Catback Exhaust - Racing Medallion
Neuspeed Race Springs
KYB 4 Way AGX Struts
AEM FPR and Gauge
Kenwood CD Player
VIPER Alarm
Phenoix Gold Front Speakers
Pheonix Gold Rear Speakers
SI-VTEC Lip
SI-VTEC Fogs Lights
SI-VTEC Vin Badge
Russell Steel Braided Brake Lines
Power Stop cross drilled Rotors front
Power Stop cross drilled Rotors back
EBC Green Pads front
EBC Green Pads Rear
Fluidyne 2 Core Radiator
AC Removed
Power Windows
Power Mirrors
Tilt
Heats very well
Black Interior
Spoon Shift ****
JDM ITR 5 piece floor mats

btw: theres a 96 gsr thats stock, in the same for sale section of our local paper $11k. Mine has motor swap, brakes, suspension. etc

Old 03-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with selling my car (TYPE Si-VTEC)

i have always loved that car.

why can't you let the guy take it to his mechanic?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:27 AM
I didn't ask for a dime.

Default Re: problem with selling my car (.brian.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .brian. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have always loved that car.

why can't you let the guy take it to his mechanic? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, even if their mechanic does find something wrong, it doesn't mean you have to sell it to them for a reduced price. What they pay to have it checked out is their out-of-pocket expence. Basically, it's their problem, not yours.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with selling my car (.brian.)

why would a buyer take it to your mechanic instead of to his? how does he know that your mechanic won't hide any problems because you paid him some money? it's completely reasonable for him to want to take it to his own guy
Old 03-24-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: problem with selling my car (PriMaTe)

PPI's are typically done by the potential buyer at their expense and at a mechanic of their choice.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: problem with selling my car (PriMaTe)

Yeah, the problem is. Im worried his mechanic will be like "oh he needs tires, ball joints.. new struts" And then him come back and say, get all those parts and then we will buy it.

I took 1200 off the initial price, which was firm, very firm.

I feel like there trying to scam me, and Ive already made enough sacrafices for them.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:32 AM
I didn't ask for a dime.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, the problem is. Im worried his mechanic will be like "oh he needs tires, ball joints.. new struts" And then him come back and say, get all those parts and then we will buy it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, you don't have to sell it to them despite what they claim to find. Let them take it to their mechanic. They will be paying for it.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I feel like there trying to scam me, and Ive already made enough sacrafices for them.</TD></TR></TABLE>i understand what you are saying, if they don't like it, tell them sorry it didn't work out, and wait until you find someone who will pay what you are looking to get.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, the problem is. Im worried his mechanic will be like "oh he needs tires, ball joints.. new struts" And then him come back and say, get all those parts and then we will buy it.

I feel like there trying to scam me, and Ive already made enough sacrafices for them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you worried about them coming back to you with a laundry list of items to fix and locking you down on the sale? This doesn't have anything to do with the thread a while back where someone used the PPI as a deposit and then required the seller to split the cost when he backed out, does it?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: problem with selling my car (mbpwrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mbpwrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you worried about them coming back to you with a laundry list of items to fix and locking you down on the sale? This doesn't have anything to do with the thread a while back where someone used the PPI as a deposit and then required the seller to split the cost when he backed out, does it? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know what your talking about?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Let him walk. If he really wants it, he'll give in. These price figures are in Canadian dollars right ?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:35 AM
HT Order of Merit

I dunno.. your car is clean and in mint condition. Im guessing this is Canadian $$?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I feel like there trying to scam me, and Ive already made enough sacrafices for them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, tell them to expletive off

where does it say you HAVE to sell it to them?

tell em your tired of dealing with their stupid games and you feel like your time is being wasted

NOT THAT HARD
Old 03-24-2006, 11:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know what your talking about?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok nevermind then.

There was a thread a while back about a guy who was selling a car and the potential buyer used the PPI (pre-purchase inspection) as a deposit on the car. The seller backed out because he changed his mind. The buyer said the seller tried to scam him and demanded half the value of the PPI back. I thought that might be what you were afraid was going to happen.

Apparently you didnt's see the thread so I guess this doesn't apply to this case.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:38 AM

Default Re: problem with selling my car (TsunamiZC)

yeah, figures are Canadian. So 5,820.23 USD for my car. I think that is verryyy reasonable.

Im going to wait till they call back tonight.

The part I forgot to mention was, the girl who is buying it agreed to pay the money with out safety and e-test, until her boyfriend opened his mouth and started making all these arrangments. Im goin to ask to deal only with her, and if they dont like the way its going, step on. I have had over 50 messages just on my local site about the car. And I have recipts leading up to well over 9000k in aftermarket parts alone.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mbpwrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok nevermind then.

There was a thread a while back about a guy who was selling a car and the potential buyer used the PPI (pre-purchase inspection) as a deposit on the car. The seller backed out because he changed his mind. The buyer said the seller tried to scam him and demanded half the value of the PPI back. I thought that might be what you were afraid was going to happen.

Apparently you didnt's see the thread so I guess this doesn't apply to this case. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh nope, not that. I offered to pay for the safety and emissions test. But I didnt offer to go do it all myself, they want to take the car with out paying and get it all done, if it doesnt pass they wont buy it. Which I think is rediculous.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Oh nope, not that. I offered to pay for the safety and emissions test. But I didnt offer to go do it all myself, they want to take the car with out paying and get it all done, if it doesnt pass they wont buy it. Which I think is rediculous. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So they want you to pay for the inspection at their mechanic? The answer should be NO.

They pay at their mechanic of choice.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, dont sell your car short. you WILL regret it. i sold mine bc i needed to pay some things off and i regret it big time.

stay firm on your price. your teg is soo nice
Old 03-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I didn't ask for a dime.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh nope, not that. I offered to pay for the safety and emissions test. But I didnt offer to go do it all myself, they want to take the car with out paying and get it all done, if it doesnt pass they wont buy it. Which I think is rediculous. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Never offer to pay. The idea is to make money, not lose it. The buyer is responsible for the PPI, not the seller. Also, they make the appointment and you drive the car to their mechanic.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 AM
ALX
Honda-Tech Member

are you in a hurry to get rid of it? dont drop your price on the first people to come look at the car. i dont see why wyou would drop the price 1200 for a buyer id say go down in $500 incriments if you get no bites.. let them know you are still getting offers.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 AM
the kindest of gentlemen irl

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TYPE Si-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The part I forgot to mention was, the girl</TD></TR></TABLE>

TYPE,

You're pressed. If this was a dude you would have moved on weeks ago.

Signed,
Dr Neil Clark Warren
Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: problem with selling my car (Dr Neil Clark Warren)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr Neil Clark Warren &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TYPE,

You're pressed. If this was a dude you would have moved on weeks ago.

Signed,
Dr Neil Clark Warren</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 man

stop getting played like a hoe
Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with selling my car (ALX)

sigh, dont be an idiot.

they pay for the inspection. if their mechanic says you need blinker fluid and a muffler bearing, just ignore it. Who cares waht their mechanic says? if anything, you wont be selling the car to them. they pay for the inspection.

If their mechianic says everythign check outs, they will hand you a check, you sign the pink slip. deal is over. you go home and play with ur nipples.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:55 AM
rebmem roines

Default Re: problem with selling my car (eMpAtHy)

Are those prices in canadian because that car would probably go for about 10-12 here.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:56 AM
the kindest of gentlemen irl

Default Re: problem with selling my car (eMpAtHy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eMpAtHy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you go home and play with ur nipples.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Niiiiiice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: problem with selling my car

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.