Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

 
Old 03-15-2018, 07:47 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
GoLowDrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: East Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 88,641
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

So I was reading something about this story. At their honeymoon night, Charles was up writing a letter to Camilla Parker-Bowles. Charles was even laughing as he writes like having a good time communicating in letter form.

Then Charles join Diana in bed, but not until he finish that letter.

Questions, why was Diana choosen?

1. Because of her looks? Charles was a bit far from GQ status, dispite being a Prince?
2. Because she was young can could have babies? Camilla was already old?
3. Because Diana was hot? Old guy like Charles would be a fool to past that up?
4. Why did Charles agreed? The story could have been so much better if he just married Camilla instead, no?
GoLowDrew is offline  
Old 03-15-2018, 07:53 PM
  #2  
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1
iTrader: (1)
 
rico91stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: THE Bay Area
Posts: 3,220
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Id say because England is a backwards *** country with outdated traditions. He was forced into it, though, she wasnt bad to look at.
rico91stang is offline  
Old 03-15-2018, 08:37 PM
  #3  
KILLAB17VTEC
 
acmoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,051
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

I don't get why this woman was so important
acmoc is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 07:58 AM
  #4  
0x5359-0055
 
213374U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas doe, they do everything big. u mad?
Posts: 5,766
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
I don't get why this woman was so important
A commoner married into royalty. You don't see why millions of women the world over would gravitate towards that?
213374U is online now  
Old 03-16-2018, 08:02 AM
  #5  
Sensational
 
CBXweb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Franklin Village
Posts: 2,031
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

She seemed to be a nice person, was an early supporter for the fight against AIDS, pissed off the Royal Family by purchasing a R129, and died in a W140
CBXweb is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 08:11 AM
  #6  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

pretty sure princess diana was basically royalty. Saw a documentary on her recently. Can't recall the exact situation, but she was either like bruce wayne rich or actual royalty.
sflkgjsfndgn is online now  
Old 03-16-2018, 08:55 AM
  #7  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
pretty sure princess diana was basically royalty. Saw a documentary on her recently. Can't recall the exact situation, but she was either like bruce wayne rich or actual royalty.
First off, there is no such thing as "Princess Diana." Never was. :-)

When she was alive, she was "Diana, Princess of Wales." Constitutionally, she was "Princess Charles of Wales."

At birth she was "Lady Diana Spencer," because she was a daughter of John Spencer, 8th Earl of Spencer.

All daughters of earls are "lady," but the sons are only "honorable" except for the eldest son who would have a subsidiary title as Viscount This or That, unless there is no subsidiary title from the father.

That her father was an earl does not make her royal, and does not even make her a member of the peerage.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 08:59 AM
  #8  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
I don't get why this woman was so important
She latched onto the service aspect of her job. When her marriage started to break up, she dove into her work even harder.

Although she was emotional, petulant and stubborn, the fact is that she loved the job and loved people, and did a great number of people a great deal of good.

It helped that she had an instinctive empathy with people whom she was meeting for the first time, and it certainly helped that she was shy and charming at the same time.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:03 AM
  #9  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
First off, there is no such thing as "Princess Diana," she was "Diana, Princess of Wales."
me and the remaining 7 billion people on earth are going to stick with princess diana, or princess di, or di di
sflkgjsfndgn is online now  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  #10  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post
Questions, why was Diana choosen?
The Prince of Wales did not choose Diana so much as his father the Duke of Edinburgh picked Diana.

Most people close to Prince Charles knew about Camilla. But...remember that this was over forty years ago.

Although the institution of the monarchy and the constitutions were catching up with modern times, things were very different than they are now.

The fact is that the government and the grey suits would not have allowed the Prince of Wales to marry Ms Parker-Bowles. She was not a virgin, had well known experience out on the town (ahem!), and was divorced.

People close to him knew that Prince Charles was in love with the future Duchess of Cornwall, but since she was not eligible somebody suitable had to be found, and the Duke of Edinburgh's people felt that Lady Diana was a prize.

There was a time that the Duke of Edinburgh learned to regret his involvement in it all.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:06 AM
  #11  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
me and the remaining 7 billion people on earth are going to stick with princess diana, or princess di, or di di
It would not be the most wrong you have ever been.

And you're also wrong about the 7 billion since there's at least 1.3 billions just in India, and they had to deal with her enough to know what to call her.

:-)

This is a little problem and I am not going to fight with you about it, but what's right is right, and I have informed you what is right.

This is why she fell so far down in the Order of Precedence when she divorced. She was only in the short list and "royal de facto" while she was married to the Prince of Wales.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:20 AM
  #12  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

I’m kidding around, but it’s like correcting someone for saying ITR instead of integra type-r

she’s a princess and her name is diana. Guarantee that 99.99% of time her name has been spoken on planet earth it has been spoken either princess Diana, princess di, or diana by people close to her. Nobody actually says princess diana of whales, even if they know thats the proper term.

sflkgjsfndgn is online now  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:26 AM
  #13  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
I’m kidding around, but it’s like correcting someone for saying ITR instead of integra type-r

she’s a princess and her name is diana. Guarantee that 99.99% of time her name has been spoken on planet earth it has been spoken either princess Diana, princess di, or diana by people close to her. Nobody actually says princess diana of whales, even if they know thats the proper term.

It's a big deal to the constitution. It has not been used 99.99% of the time the way that you say it.

She's only a princess by virtue of marrying Prince Charles. You can call her "Princess Diana" if you want, but it has no meaning in the constitution. Everybody will know whom you mean, even though you are wrong about it. :-)

There is a popular person who is called "Princess Michael of Kent" because that is the only thing you can call her to enforce her position in the Order of Precedence, because the only reason she is in it is because she married Prince Michael of Kent.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:29 AM
  #14  
Painting Masterpieces
 
Ponyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Tulsa, OK, USA
Posts: 7,943
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

I absolutely knew this thread would get hijacked after some minor indiscretion about title or royal lineage or lack there of. Thanks GK.
Ponyboy is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:48 AM
  #15  
Cogent Argument Enthusiast
 
Uncle Ben's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Completing my training with my Supreme Leader
Posts: 8,023
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
I don't get why this woman was so important
Her actual importance is dwarfed by the fact that she was merely a peasant who married into, er, um, *cough*
Uncle Ben's is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:52 AM
  #16  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
I absolutely knew this thread would get hijacked ....
It is what one does. :-)
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:53 AM
  #17  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's View Post
Her actual importance is dwarfed by the fact that she was merely a peasant who married into, er, um, *cough*
Being the daughter of a peer, she was hardly nobody. She was still in the Almanach, although her children would probably not have been.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 09:58 AM
  #18  
Cogent Argument Enthusiast
 
Uncle Ben's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Completing my training with my Supreme Leader
Posts: 8,023
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Being the daughter of a peer, she was hardly nobody. She was still in the Almanach, although her children would probably not have been.
Yes but the single most important thing any human being could do, is be born to the right parents
Uncle Ben's is offline  
Old 03-16-2018, 10:03 AM
  #19  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,742
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's View Post
Yes but the single most important thing any human being could do, is be born to the right parents
It's not right or wrong. It's just a roll of the dice. It just is.

But now thus saith the Unknown that created thee, Jacob, and he that formed thee, Israel:

Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name and thou art mine.
George Knighton is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
diana831
Introduce Yourself
1
10-29-2013 08:50 PM
Rednas
General Discussion and Debate
57
03-20-2009 05:11 PM
George Knighton
General Discussion and Debate
26
02-18-2008 06:50 AM
George Knighton
General Discussion and Debate
18
12-13-2006 10:12 AM
green91
General Discussion and Debate
10
05-26-2004 08:16 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Princess Diana, why did Sir Charles agree?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.