Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prevailing wage jobs

Old 08-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prevailing wage jobs

My company is non-union. We are working on a so called union project. The wages start from 27.00-34.00/hourly. My company charges $650.00 a month for family health insurance. My manager states that if you have health insurance, they take away $3.00 an hour from our pay. Now due to the fact that some employees have magically been put on a non- working schedule due to their curiosity, I can not give my companys' name nor city. But it is in CA. Does anyone have a clue if they are in the right. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prevailing wage jobs (55rezntogofst)

i think ur gettin boned cause your company is pocketing your money. im an electrician and we are non union. it doesnt matter what the union does cause a prevailing wage job is state or federally funded. this has nothing to do with a union.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prevailing wage jobs (1 2 NV)

So our company has no right in taking $3.00 /hr from our pay? i am kind of pissed at this particular situation, because every dollar counts when providing for family.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:31 PM

If im not mistaken HIP's charge by which plan you qualify for by hrs worked whether its full or part time managment or non managment. But i dont think they give a **** how many hrs you work once you qualify for full time. They still charge the same amount per person for the benefits provided.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its standard deductions to have X amount of money taken out of each paycheck for insurance, retirement etc. but a non union shop such as yours and mine dont take out extra pay because your on a PW job. doesnt make any sense. id be talkin to someone tomorrow, thats fucked.
each company might have its own policy. like i said my company provides insurance to us no matter if its standard pay or PW pay, either way they dont take extra.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:36 PM
ViZ
Honda-Tech Member

this is why im union, you have a chance to fight for your rights and pay, non union your an individual with not much of a voice sorry to hear that bro, ill ask someone at work tomarrow and see if i can help
Old 08-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prevailing wage jobs (1 2 NV)

Hey thanks for the advice, the company has been doing this **** for almost 1.5 years. I am probably going to unanimously contact the Department of Industrial relations. Once again , thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem.

im non union cause i prefer to have a 40hr a week job with steady pay and not have to survive for months on end waitin for a phone call cause the "hall" needs help for a couple months.

BTW union electricians are having a hard time keeping work cause they cant bid competitively because they give themselves pay raises almost yearly which in turn cant cover their bids and they underbid jobs and lose money. thats my reasoning behind my statement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.