Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Presentation Attire - Is this too extreme

Old 04-30-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Presentation Attire - Is this too extreme

Hi, I am having a presentation tomorrow and I was wondering if this is too extreme for the presentation. Black on black, with a dark pewter silk tie. Here is a picture of Jet Li will all black, but without the tie. Of course I am going to wear a tie with it. Keep in mind that this is for a high school presentation, and yes I am asian. I just don't want negative comments from the teacher if this is too much or not appropriate. I really like the look but I'm wondering if it's too informal. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

Default Re: Presentation Attire - Is this too extreme (nubcake)

There's nothing informal about that if you wear a tie like you said you're going to

Without the tie it's business casual-ish, which is fine for most situations...although in high school sometimes teachers make the tie thing a requirement. I had that happen in college recently, actually. I had a presentation to do, the teacher said "shirt and tie." I showed up in a nice suit with no tie (figured I was breaking even there) while everybody else had on bad fitting button ups and ties from the 90s, and the professor made me borrow somebody else's tie
Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So can you tell us what you are presenting? and what is the presentation for? class? the entire school?
Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jackets for hs presentations are a little much

shirt/tie should be fine
Old 04-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Messatsu!

what the hell is this thread?

It's highschool. Wear a t-shirt and shorts, you asian.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not appropriate if you're not Jet Li

just do all leather
Old 04-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Head Of Bespoke

LOL @ OP picture link.

Angryasianman ftw!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

lol... Suit for HS presentation is a little excessive, IMO.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Presentation Attire - Is this too extreme (Akuma)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Akuma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's highschool. Wear a t-shirt and shorts </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe a trenchcoat also
Old 04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Akuma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the hell is this thread?

It's highschool. Wear a t-shirt and shorts, you asian. </TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously. I was just sitting in my COLLEGE english class last night thinking about how dumb some kid looked who showed up to our presentations in a dress shirt, slacks, and tie. Every single other person just wore shorts/tshirt/hoodie/whatever.

If you show up in anything remotely close to that, everyone will ask you if you're going to a funeral immediatly after school or something.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait wait wait...

is this thread a lame joke or something?

your sign up date is 03 and you're still in HIGHSCHOOL? Were you 12 when you signed up for honda-tech or something? What the [freak].
Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Presentation Attire - Is this too extreme (7andaswitchblade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 7andaswitchblade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

seriously. I was just sitting in my COLLEGE english class last night thinking about how dumb some kid looked who showed up to our presentations in a dress shirt, slacks, and tie. Every single other person just wore shorts/tshirt/hoodie/whatever.

If you show up in anything remotely close to that, everyone will ask you if you're going to a funeral immediatly after school or something. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you say. "yeah, yours" and stare at them until they turn away.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:46 PM
ate my pixel

Default Re: Presentation Attire - Is this too extreme (7andaswitchblade)

If you're not selling anything, you don't need to dress up.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:53 PM
TTM

dude are you serioudly jet li
Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Messatsu!

The OP needs to come in here and answer our questions immediately.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Hm...I was assuming the teacher was requiring them to dress well (aka shirt and tie) since he said he was wondering if it was too informal, but I guess he also said he was worried it might be too much. Confusing.

Bottom line: if you're not required to be dressed well, just wear normal clothes. No need to go overboard and be "that guy."
Old 04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
I drive a G35, it's silver, surprised?

"You look like you're going to a funeral."

"Well, maybe I am."
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Messatsu!

Default Re: Presentation Attire - Is this too extreme (Regal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Regal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No need to go overboard and be "that guy."</TD></TR></TABLE>

That guy pisses me off.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Not now Chief, I'm in the F'n zone!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Akuma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The OP needs to come in here and answer our questions immediately.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
im hench irl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Akuma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The OP needs to come in here and answer our questions immediately.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Εν Τούτω, Νίκα

"you like you're going to a funeral!"

*start bawling and babbling incoherently about your grandfather*

*horrified stares*

*instant A*
Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 PM

Yes, it is required to dress up and my past classmates have been wearing full suits. I was just wondering since black shirts are not the norm, is it bad to be different, or maybe to stand out from the other presentations. I just wanted opinions to see if black is too informal to have a black shirt.

Modified by nubcake at 5:23 PM 4/30/2008
Old 04-30-2008, 01:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nubcake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, it is required to dress up and my past classmates have been wearing full suits. I was just wondering since black shirts are not the norm, is it bad to be different, or maybe to stand out from the other presentations. I just wanted opinions to see if black is too informal to have a black shirt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah you're good with a black shirt. It's just a different style. It's a little less business-like, I guess, but it's no less dressy.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Not now Chief, I'm in the F'n zone!

Default Re: (7andaswitchblade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 7andaswitchblade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait wait wait...

is this thread a lame joke or something?

your sign up date is 03 and you're still in HIGHSCHOOL? Were you 12 when you signed up for honda-tech or something? What the [freak]. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I would think it be pretty extreme to dress like that... it's just school man, you're going to get an A in the end anyways... or atleast a D

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.