Politics ThRAD v. 2019 - Page 11 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Politics ThRAD v. 2019

Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Default Re: Politics ThRAD v. 2019

lol @ both sides
Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

only one side is stopping this
Old 01-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Tickle-shits

Originally Posted by Allurian View Post
That has to be the most ridiciluos thing you've said in last 20 minutes. "We would end it at a moments notice"....yeah we would all be ended. Nuclear war has no winners smh. Sit down pumpkin loaf
Thanks for telling me, I didn’t mention MAD in my next post or anything
Old 01-03-2019, 08:14 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by hinds90 View Post
I agree but it works. Whenever he leaves offices I wonder what kind of post presidency he will have (Twitter memes and making up names for people who are running for office) because we all know he's not going to put the twitters down.
He's a 300+ pound septuagenarian.

It won't be a long post-presidency tbh.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive read a few different articles claiming people think trump will step down from the presidency in exchange for immunity. no one is citing any source, just offering their opinion. the 3 people saying this weren't even in related fields.
I used to think his ego wouldn't let him resign, but the more I see things swirling out of [what I consider] control, the more I think its possible.

anyone have an opinion on that?
Old 01-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

immunity for what?

thats what I don't get

what is the big fish going to give up?
Old 01-03-2019, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He wouldn't resign, he'd fire himself.

Either way it doesn't seem likely based on past experience.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:26 AM
El Chico

I think what bothers me the most is that you can't insult a Trump supporter and have them feel it.

They simply don't have the intelligence to appreciate what an absolute pile of human excrement he is and how pathetic they look supporting him.

We probably shouldn't anyway. One thing that has bugged me with everyone flipping out on them is that you can't wallow with a pig in the mud because the pig actually likes it.

It's sad but useful for future profiling purposes.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
immunity for what?

thats what I don't get

what is the big fish going to give up?
the stuff I read was suggesting trump would use the presidency as a bargaining chip. sorta like ' ill step down if you promise not to prosecute '

Old 01-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

lol
Old 01-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
I think what bothers me the most is that you can't insult a Trump supporter and have them feel it.
They're idiots.

In the book about OKC I read a couple days ago the author interviewed the ((CONSERVATIVE)) city manager.

He went on & on about how they needed this highway through downtown that the residents of downtown did not want/were protesting against.

He told the journalist to interview his city planner about it.

The planner upon being asked for his opinion said he couldn't believe the manager was trying to make it seem that way, that he hated the highway.

These people are clueless.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by ford9n View Post
ive read a few different articles claiming people think trump will step down from the presidency in exchange for immunity. no one is citing any source, just offering their opinion. the 3 people saying this weren't even in related fields.
I used to think his ego wouldn't let him resign, but the more I see things swirling out of [what I consider] control, the more I think its possible.

anyone have an opinion on that?
I think Trump would resign if someone could spin it to him that he was screwing the Left and the haters by doing so.

But the second someone says "Resign for the good of the country" or some feel-good nonsense, that will be it and he'll just dig his heels in.

He'll only do it if he thinks it's the best way to really and truly screw his enemies over.

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
It is what it is and I hope both sides can come to an agreement sooner than later.
Both sides?

One side controls the entire gov't and has shut it down 3 TIMES since assuming total control.

Yeah, keep blaming both sides. And vote GOP again in 2020 and watch it keep happening. Unreal.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The only way Trump ever steps down is if he can spin it in a way to make himself a martyr. Otherwise, I think we're stuck with him until through 2020. It would be nice if the Dems could get their act together and find a candidate that can take care of business.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:15 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by BeeResp0nsible View Post
The only way Trump ever steps down is if he can spin it in a way to make himself a martyr. Otherwise, I think we're stuck with him until through 2020. It would be nice if the Dems could get their act together and find a candidate that can take care of business.
Nope. I don't want another Democratic President for as long as I live.

Let's concentrate on Congress and the states. Having a Democratic President tends to coalesce right-wing hatred and focus it on one person (Bill, Obama, then Hillary), and that paralyzes the country.

I want a Republican in the White House so Republicans can calm down enough to stop burning down the country to spite the Democrat in the White House.

I don't see a Democrat on the horizon who can get the extreme right off their war footing.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I think Trump would resign if someone could spin it to him that he was screwing the Left and the haters by doing so.

But the second someone says "Resign for the good of the country" or some feel-good nonsense, that will be it and he'll just dig his heels in.

He'll only do it if he thinks it's the best way to really and truly screw his enemies over.
I could see him claiming the deep state finally got him as he is resigning.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:17 AM
Bloody Beaver

I could see him resigning and just using his age/ some health excuse to get out of it. (Just like Nam amirite? )
Old 01-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Pork is NOT a verb!

Originally Posted by ford9n View Post
I could see him claiming the deep state finally got him as he is resigning.
I could also see him trying to drag the system down with him and using it as a way to rile up his base.

Remember "maybe the 2nd amendment people can do something"?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Oracle of GDD

Well...there IS something that Trump might be able to offer.

I've been thinking for a while (and I'm not the only one) that Trump isn't even necessarily the real target here.

If Trump can absolutely come clean, and give up whatever he has on Putin, and more importantly Mogilevich (IF he has anything on Mogilevich)...he might have something to offer in exchange for lenience.

Remember Mueller tried to recruit Oleg Deripaska (Ukrainian Aluminum hegemon/warlord) to fund a mission?

That mission was a rescue/extraction for an American intelligence 'contractor' named Bob Levinson, who disappeared in Iran while tracking Mogilevich.

Mogilevich is called "The Brainy Don", the new "Boss of Bosses." He is the most powerful mobster in the world and Mueller & Co have been after him for decades.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Tickle-shits

Dude is too stubborn to resign IMHO, and even then, you get Mike “nutty religo” Pence in return.

Thats chopping off the left to spite the right.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by malix View Post
I could also see him trying to drag the system down with him and using it as a way to rile up his base.

Remember "maybe the 2nd amendment people can do something"?
That too.

Since he got elected I have had this vision of him telling his followers "Get out there and show them what you're made of!"
Old 01-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post
Dude is too stubborn to resign IMHO, and even then, you get Mike “nutty religo” Pence in return.
They will get Pence first.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Let's concentrate on Congress and the states. Having a Democratic President tends to coalesce right-wing hatred and focus it on one person (Bill, Obama, then Hillary), and that paralyzes the country.

I want a Republican in the White House so Republicans can calm down enough to stop burning down the country to spite the Democrat in the White House.

I don't see a Democrat on the horizon who can get the extreme right off their war footing.
To me this is silly. That's like blaming the victim when you should be blaming the one who perpetuated the crime.

What needs to happen is people need to actually show up and vote that way these right wing idiots no longer have a say. And you can't have that without having a democratic candidate that energizes the people (see 2008). If Trump can teach us anything, it's that staying at home during election day is the wrong thing to do, always!
Honda-Tech Member

Honda-Tech Member

Pence is legitimately unsettling.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 AM
Cole Trickle

There's a reason for that & it is beyond what you listed in the rest of that post.

Originally Posted by BeeResp0nsible View Post
To me this is silly. That's like blaming the victim when you should be blaming the one who perpetuated the crime.

What needs to happen is people need to actually show up and vote that way these right wing idiots no longer have a say. And you can't have that without having a democratic candidate that energizes the people (see 2008). If Trump can teach us anything, it's that staying at home during election day is the wrong thing to do, always!
Yep.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.