Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Please educate us on the history of Jewish hate in society. SRS TOPIC

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please educate us on the history of Jewish hate in society. SRS TOPIC

Old 04-27-2019, 03:28 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Default Please educate us on the history of Jewish hate in society. SRS TOPIC

Ross

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
I really don't understand the Jew hate.
Originally Posted by 213374U View Post
I'm not entirely sure I understand the history behind all the hate either

Will you please educate us? It's a question I've thought about a lot. As far as I know, it's gone back biblical times, possibly well before. IE, Moses leading the exodus of the Israelites out of Egypt, where they were slaves.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:32 PM
Cole Trickle

Default Re: Please educate us on the history of Jewish hate in society. SRS TOPIC

We shouldn't expect minorities to explain the struggles of their people through history.

But if someone wants to, I guess.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:40 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Default Re: Please educate us on the history of Jewish hate in society. SRS TOPIC

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
We shouldn't expect minorities to explain the struggles of their people through history.

But if someone wants to, I guess.
So who best to explain it? Who is best educated in, within this forum, the history of Judaism and the hate it receives?
Old 04-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Bloody Beaver

So who best to explain it? Who is best educated in, within this forum, the history of Judaism and the hate it receives?
I would just google. But that’s just me.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

edit:
and
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_antisemitism
Old 04-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Oracle of GDD

I very much appreciate OP asking me about this. I'm going out now, poor timing. But I'll be back.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:00 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I very much appreciate OP asking me about this. I'm going out now, poor timing. But I'll be back.
Cool, thanks. I really do appreciate it.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:08 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post
This is a good primer.

It seems as though antisemitism goes back farther than I thought, back to the times of Persia and possibly before.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:09 PM
GDD Member

In my 17 years of experience, Jews tend to bring it on themselves.

Note: I only know one Jew (Ross) and I've never actually met him.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a few points which may be relevant:
  • I have an Irish last name which is often confused for being Jewish.
  • In my sixty-some years I have lived in a number of Jewish neighborhoods (when our son was in second grade he was one of two kids who celebrated Christmas) and worked in several companies which were either owned by Jewish folks, or had a number of Jews in management.
  • Building on the above point, I have worked for Jews, with Jews, and employed Jews to work for me.
  • Between the time I started dating in my mid-teens and when I got married in my mid-thirties, I dated quite a number of Jewish women (some of whom thought I was Jewish).
  • Several years after a woman I was close friends with had gotten married, a woman I had tried to date, unsuccessfully, found out I wasn't Jewish (I had mentioned something about Catholic grade-school and she said, "But, you're Jewish..."). When I finally finally convinced her I was as non-Jewish as she was she blurted out, "If I had only kn...", before she quickly shut her mouth and walked away.
With the above bona-fides established; I will say this, they are no different than the rest of us, they love, hate, argue, work, learn, live, collaborate and exist no different than the rest of us. If there is one difference, it is the specter of genocide which they happen to share with the Armenian folks I've known, and that legacy has bred a certain amount of fear and the need to remain members of a mutually supportive tribe or community which helps them navigate the hate and abuse many of them have had to endure because of idiotic statements like, "In my 17 years of experience, Jews tend to bring it on themselves." Sorry man, but I have to say, "grow the frig up!"
Old 04-27-2019, 05:11 PM
aka DaZman69!

I work with a lot of jews too, they own a lot of apartment buildings.

Whenever I go full tilt detective due diligence on a multifamily property, Iíll track down all the llcís in the holding company, it always leads back to lakewood NJ, which is all jewish abraham lincoln lookin *****.

There definitely is a difference with jews, not necessarily a bad difference, but a difference. They all think like I do with money, except ross.

Iím pretty much a jew
Old 04-27-2019, 05:23 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post

Iím pretty much a jew
I'm glad you can admit this because it goes to the heart of why people hate them/us.

I'm on a public Wi-Fi at the pub, and I'm pretty buzzed, so don't expect the world here.

But the short and long of it is that Jews are great scapegoats for the greediness and money-grubbing nature of every person out there and that is where the stereotypes come from.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:26 PM
#stillneedsadiaper

I'm glad you can admit this because it goes to the heart of why people hate them/us.

I'm on a public Wi-Fi at the pub, and I'm pretty buzzed, so don't expect the world here.

But the short and long of it is that Jews are great scapegoats for the greediness and money-grubbing nature of every person out there and that is where the stereotypes come from.
Remembering the sabbath day by keeping it holy amirite.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:30 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Modern stereotypes, yes. But I'm looking more towards the constant hate. It seems embedded in religion. The Jews aren't like 'us' so we don't like them. They're a scapegoat because of their religion and culture, something everybody can rally against because everybody else is that particular religion of Islamic or Christian.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:31 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
Iím pretty much a jew
Please explain more directly what you mean by this.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:45 PM
Oracle of GDD

Modern stereotypes, yes. But I'm looking more towards the constant hate. It seems embedded in religion. The Jews aren't like 'us' so we don't like them. They're a scapegoat because of their religion and culture, something everybody can rally against because everybody else is that particular religion of Islamic or Christian.
You're 100% right. Jews are everyone's favorite whipping boy, whether that's Christians or Muslims.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:50 PM
#stillneedsadiaper

Jesus was the jews' favorite whipping boy
You're 100% right. Jews are everyone's favorite whipping boy, whether that's Christians or Muslims.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:56 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by solsisters View Post
Jesus was the jews' favorite whipping boy
I think you got us back and then some, no?
Old 04-27-2019, 06:44 PM
I like to party

A lot of my friends are Jewsish. I never understood the hate either. In my experience Jewish people are funny, hard working people who happen to be frugal with money.

But then again, most of my friends have that self deprecating humor and are a LOT more liberal with the jokes than Ross. My old roommate was the first person I hears say the phrase 'stop on a dime and pick it up', and his last name is Eisenberg.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:56 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
A lot of my friends are Jewsish. I never understood the hate either. In my experience Jewish people are funny, hard working people who happen to be frugal with money.

But then again, most of my friends have that self deprecating humor and are a LOT more liberal with the jokes than Ross. My old roommate was the first person I hears say the phrase 'stop on a dime and pick it up', and his last name is Eisenberg.
If you and I were friends IRL you would get that from me too.

But wait for me to do it. See the logic?

If someone takes those liberties with me I'll get pissed.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:12 PM
I like to party

I've been out for a couple days, does this have to do with the shooting down in Poway?
Old 04-27-2019, 07:39 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
I've been out for a couple days, does this have to do with the shooting down in Poway?
Stemmed from the mass shootings thread.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:14 PM
I like to party

Yeah that's the one, shitty stuff. I hear he's a hardcore leftwing nutjob Antifa type dude.

******* shame. RIP to the dead guy.

Can't wait for Gavin and Kamala to use this as evidence of how the evil weapons of war need to be taken away.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:26 PM
Paragraph Alert

If I had to take a stab at it without reading deep into it: Jewish people have maintained a strong culture that places emphasis on duty, education, community and hard work. This in turn has typically made them more likely to be successful. Less successful groups of people living around said Jews get jealous and blame them for their own failings.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:05 AM
#stillneedsadiaper

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
If I had to take a stab at it without reading deep into it: Jewish people have maintained a strong culture that places emphasis on duty, education, community and hard work. This in turn has typically made them more likely to be successful. Less successful groups of people living around said Jews get jealous and blame them for their own failings.
@rico_irl

Old 04-28-2019, 05:22 AM
aka DaZman69!

The money stereotype is definitely true in a statistical way. Like if you take X number of jews and X number of random people, there is no questions the jews wil have a higher percentage of them that are stereotypically greedy and cheap.

But I don’t think it’s a bad thing, I mean, they just seem to “git dat paper” more than most. Never once in my dealing with the stereotypical greedy jew did I ever think of them negatively. More just like “huh, well I’ll be damned, they are hustlers”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.