Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pizza Delivery (Safe Job?)

Old 02-22-2006, 05:17 PM
CiViC I2aCeI2

Default Pizza Delivery (Safe Job?)

Hi everyone, I am thinking about being a pizza delivery, because I am a broke college student and heard it's good money. However, a couple of my friends is telling me that it could be a dangerous job. Has anyone know a deliver person that has been rob or anything worst? Is this a good job??

Thanks...

Old 02-22-2006, 05:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pizza Delivery (CiViC_I2aCeI2)

buy body armor
Old 02-22-2006, 05:20 PM

i had a knife on me at all times when i worked for this local place downtown london.. i never had any problems.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:21 PM
ucb
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (5ive19-EH3)

I guess it really depends on wear you deliver to
Old 02-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (5ive19-EH3)

I used to deliver pizza when I was in college.....I got robbed three times and avioded many other robbings.

I suggest finding another job
Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (UCBSTI)

Safe, sure...not as bad as say an armored car driver

demeaning, you bet

I delivered Hungry Howies Pizza's for a month way way back in the day. What sucks is that I never had any naked chicks answer the door like they do in *****
Old 02-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mullet_SyTy)

I got pizza delivered to me yesterday by a kid in a Yellow Turbo Type R with Lamborgini type doors! haha... it was random, but to answer your question... i have heard storys of robberys of delivery guys and such.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UCBSTI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess it really depends on wear you deliver to </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup. I did deliveries in south orange county (laguna hills/mission viejo/alison viejo) and my biggest fears were speeding tickets and lousy tips.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mullet_SyTy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mullet_SyTy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> What sucks is that I never had any naked chicks answer the door like they do in ***** </TD></TR></TABLE>

I once has a fat guy in a speedo answer the door....

I still get shivers til this day.........errrrrrrrrrr :shaking head violently:
Old 02-22-2006, 05:34 PM
.likes trains

Default Re: (RynoDyno312)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RynoDyno312 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup. I did deliveries in south orange county (laguna hills/mission viejo/alison viejo) and my biggest fears were speeding tickets and lousy tips.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's because no one here in Mission Viejo can drive. So there's cops everywhere!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:34 PM
It Wasn't Me!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UCBSTI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess it really depends on wear you deliver to </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or where you deliver.

I delivered pizza for a little over a year. I had no problems but I'm a big guy that looks like I can take care of myself so I seldom have problems anywhere. I do know one person who got locked in a garage for about an hour by some crazy ***** after he was late. And I knew a girl that got almost abducted by these doped out college kids. They locked her in the bathroom of their apartment. When she was late getting back we called the customers whose deliveries she had taken and the last two said they didn't get theirs. I called the police and they followed her route until they found her car. Both of these incidents occurred about 10 years ago, before 90% of americans over the age of 10 had their own cell phones.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondasean)

do you have to pay for your own gas?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mullet_SyTy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I delivered Hungry Howies Pizza's for a month way way back in the day. What sucks is that I never had any naked chicks answer the door like they do in ***** </TD></TR></TABLE>

Extra sausage pizza?

Buahahahahahahahahah!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (psychotic_z)

yea hear the story of the chinese food delievery guy in new york i think?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: (CFran55)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CFran55 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea hear the story of the chinese food delievery guy in new york i think?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

the dude was killed for some charge and food? couple years ago huh?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2+2=5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2+2=5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the dude was killed for some charge and food? couple years ago huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah it was a gang thing they said they killed him for kicks(fun not shoes)
Old 02-22-2006, 05:46 PM

I did it for about 2.5 years and only had one incident with a angry drunk. Nothing really even happened he made a few threats and I used a few choice words. I still deliver to him and hes one of the best tippers because he felt bad for the whole thing lol. But I live in upstate NY so there not much crime up here for the most part. Unless you get into the Albany area.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

it is dangerous for two reasons that i experienced while delivering food...

1. [IMG][/IMG]

2. one day some ****** that i went to school with pulled a knife on me one night, but as i went to my car to get my money(i was really going to get the walther pp7 bb gun that looks exactly like a real gun ), he said he was just joking. the kid is a psycho so i was taking him seriously; hes done worse than that.

oh yeah, be prepared for ******** that call at 9:58 when the place closes at 10 and order $30 of food... and you deliver it at about 10:30 and are much nicer than you should be, and they still ask for exact change which = no tip

other than that, that was by far my favorite job. driving my car for work + 4.00 pay and averaging 8.00 per hour taxfree cash + = the win.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
It Wasn't Me!

Default Re: (.brian.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .brian. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you have to pay for your own gas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where I worked we got $.50 over minimum wage if you were closing driver. Then we got $1 a delivery and whatever tips. I tried to fill my tank before I started and then again at the end of the night. When I was delivering in the Jeep I always had to dip into my tips to cover gas for the day. Then I bought a 1980 Datsun 210 wagon for $300 and almost never had to use my tips for gas. I miss that car. True beater, spraypainted multiple colors, rusty steel wheels with Proxes. It was straight though and the interior was pretty comfortable, plus I had a killer stereo in it. I put 36k miles on it in 9 months then sold it to a college kid for $400 without the stereo. I still see that car around town but it is trashed now.

A suggestion would be to find a pizza place in a blue collar area of town. It's a little more risky but in my many years of food service I've found that blue collar folk tend to tip better than white collar people do. Especially when you show up in a lifted CJ-5 on 33"s with a built 302 in it.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondasean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A suggestion would be to find a pizza place in a blue collar area of town. It's a little more risky but in my many years of food service I've found that blue collar folk tend to tip better than white collar people do. Especially when you show up in a lifted CJ-5 on 33"s with a built 302 in it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i beg to differ; in the white collar, suburban town i delivered in, $20 tips werent uncommon. some nights i would make almost $200 in tips. yes, there were some white trash ********, but overall i was happy with the money i was making. and getting over 30 mpg city helps things out
Old 02-22-2006, 06:03 PM

Like mentioned, its dependent upon the area where your delivering of course. Be safe.

I did the job for a summer and had a good experience. I of course enjoyed beating around in my car for work. Stress free, and money was alright. It was a walk in the park going to work...

I'm from a smaller town, but was never even remotely close to having a "customer" feel like a threat in any way. Of course be smart, be careful, and use some common sense in staying safe.
Good luck.

Edit: Basically FYI...I made 7 bucks an hour under the table. 1 dollar everytime I left for a delivery. Plus tips. Paid for my own gas.
Busy nights I could come home with 100-150 bucks cash in my pocket.

Modified by gunnis at 9:16 PM 2/22/2006
Old 02-22-2006, 06:08 PM

Im kinda to lazy to type a real response. But go for the job. I deliever and have been for 6years or something like that. Never had 1 problem other than once had a car problem but that was minor. I work in a decent neighborhood with prolly blue collar folks live. I consider it very safe considering where I know others who deliever in another area just west or me. They not only make more money but also are at a little bit more risk cause its gang territory. But one driver actually got shot while on delivery, he was back in a couple of days because the pay is so good.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:08 PM

i delivered in connecticut, nice town. did it for about 6 months or so, made $8 an hour under the table then got tips too. he didnt pay for gas. it was very safe for me and i made a lot of money during the first couple of months. it started dieing down and i got a new job.

i only worked weekends from 5 to about 8, somtimes i would make over $50 a night and it was awesome.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It depends where you work. I feel no threat, and I have been doing it for a little over 2.5 years.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:18 PM

A friend of mines brother in law was robbed and murdered for a pizza and the few dollars he had on him. They just got it delivered to an abandoned house and killed him when he got there, so if you are planning on delivering them in a rough neighborhood or city I would think twice. This was in Columbia, SC by the way, not really that bad of a place. People are sick these days

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pizza Delivery (Safe Job?)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.