Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick a car that goes for $200K

 
Old 02-12-2019, 06:06 AM
  #51  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
**** forgot about that one, /thread
sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:18 AM
  #52  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

I saw this before but thought it was a joke, holy **** that is awesome. This is in regards to tesla roadster space X package.




sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:31 AM
  #53  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,684
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Wait, what?
Knightsport is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:45 AM
  #54  
Head Of Bespoke
 
Rguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

A gas thruster system in a car? what?
Rguy is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:50 AM
  #55  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,684
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Since he only shared the response we have no idea.
Knightsport is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:43 AM
  #56  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Yes, Literally a compressed gas thruster, just like in space.
sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:59 AM
  #57  
footwork mastery
 
.Grimace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bigger, Faster, Smarter, Stronger
Posts: 5,953
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

inb4 lawsuits
.Grimace is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 09:39 AM
  #58  
Honda-Tech Member
 
ontariorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kitchener, ontario, canada
Posts: 168
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

I'll take a sweet motor home and pull my em1
ontariorider is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:38 PM
  #59  
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
Yes, Literally a compressed gas thruster, just like in space.
******* Elon Musk. Find the absolute limit of traction, and say "**** it, it needs to be faster"
oneludesol is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:42 PM
  #60  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
******* Elon Musk. Find the absolute limit of traction, and say "**** it, it needs to be faster"
how anyone can not like him/tesla I have no idea.

He obviously learned all about gas thrusters with spaceX and thought “this would be so cool if we put them on a car”

and then goes and does it (well we don’t know for sure yet).

The fact that he’s actually trying to implement the idea is just 11/10 awesome.
sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:37 AM
  #61  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,740
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
how anyone can not like him/tesla I have no idea.
I like him, but I'm afraid he's too egotistical not to see when he's about to make a mistake.

Tesla as a brand is not doing well in reliability and livability ratings. You're in love with aspects of the car, but as time goes on problems start to pop up.

And even Apple will tell you that a giant iPad is not necessarily the best solution for a driver interface.

I've looked at and drive Model S and Model X, and although I love the idea, they're not quite for me. It's as if Tesla needs to buy or be bought by an automotive company like Toyota or a very service oriented company like Apple, to really get where they want to be.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 AM
  #62  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 144
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
how anyone can not like him/tesla I have no idea.
Other than the whole being a terrible person part? Yeah, other than that part.
moopmoop is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:42 AM
  #63  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,684
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
I like him, but I'm afraid he's too egotistical not to see when he's about to make a mistake.

Tesla as a brand is not doing well in reliability and livability ratings. You're in love with aspects of the car, but as time goes on problems start to pop up.

And even Apple will tell you that a giant iPad is not necessarily the best solution for a driver interface.

I've looked at and drive Model S and Model X, and although I love the idea, they're not quite for me. It's as if Tesla needs to buy or be bought by an automotive company like Toyota or a very service oriented company like Apple, to really get where they want to be.
I was excited when rumors were circulating about GM and Tesla partnering up for a truck. There was so much to be gained by a cooperation like this but turns out it was just that, a rumor.
Knightsport is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:44 AM
  #64  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,684
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Other than the whole being a terrible person part? Yeah, other than that part.
You are such a wet blanket. I bet you're a hoot at parties.
Knightsport is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:48 AM
  #65  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 144
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
You are such a wet blanket. I bet you're a hoot at parties.
If only I called people pedophiles, then I'd be cool.
moopmoop is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:50 AM
  #66  
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
I like him, but I'm afraid he's too egotistical not to see when he's about to make a mistake.

Tesla as a brand is not doing well in reliability and livability ratings. You're in love with aspects of the car, but as time goes on problems start to pop up.

And even Apple will tell you that a giant iPad is not necessarily the best solution for a driver interface.

I've looked at and drive Model S and Model X, and although I love the idea, they're not quite for me. It's as if Tesla needs to buy or be bought by an automotive company like Toyota or a very service oriented company like Apple, to really get where they want to be.
I disagree, I daily a 100D, got it with 18k miles, and have put another 15k on it with literally no issues whatsoever. I hate Apple products as a whole, and the touch screen doesn't bother me. The autopilot operates flawlessly as well. My only complaint, which is really a non issue, is that when it's lower than about 25 degrees outside, the range gets cut by about a third to half, but that still leaves me 150 miles on a full charge which gets me to and from the ski hill under any circumstances, and that's my longest drive, so I'm not bothered.
oneludesol is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:53 AM
  #67  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,684
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
If only I called people pedophiles, then I'd be cool.
Again, wet blanket. You can toss the first stone if you can prove you've never said anything asinine, okay?

Or you know, privatized space flight, mainstreamed EV technology, contributed millions to philanthropy, etc.

But please, tell me more about what an authority you are on ********.
Knightsport is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:00 AM
  #68  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
I disagree, I daily a 100D, got it with 18k miles, and have put another 15k on it with literally no issues whatsoever. I hate Apple products as a whole, and the touch screen doesn't bother me. The autopilot operates flawlessly as well. My only complaint, which is really a non issue, is that when it's lower than about 25 degrees outside, the range gets cut by about a third to half, but that still leaves me 150 miles on a full charge which gets me to and from the ski hill under any circumstances, and that's my longest drive, so I'm not bothered.
really? Iím surprised the battery doesnít warm up during usage and restore the range. Thatís what happens to my power tools.
sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:02 AM
  #69  
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post


really? Iím surprised the battery doesnít warm up during usage and restore the range. Thatís what happens to my power tools.
It may, I don't know. It probably doesn't help that I have the windows half open, heat blasting, heated seats on, watching movies in surround sound, while the car drives itself, so...
oneludesol is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:07 AM
  #70  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,684
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Knightsport is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:08 AM
  #71  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post

Tesla as a brand is not doing well in reliability and livability ratings. You're in love with aspects of the car, but as time goes on problems start to pop up.
Iím really surprised you hold so much weight with consumer reports.

The real world reliability and cost of ownership reports from high mileage users are fantastic.
sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:10 AM
  #72  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
It may, I don't know. It probably doesn't help that I have the windows half open, heat blasting, heated seats on, watching movies in surround sound, while the car drives itself, so...
how do they make heat? Resistance heat? Heat pump?

I realize I could google it but conversation is more fun
sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 AM
  #73  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 144
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Again, wet blanket. You can toss the first stone if you can prove you've never said anything asinine, okay?

Or you know, privatized space flight, mainstreamed EV technology, contributed millions to philanthropy, etc.

But please, tell me more about what an authority you are on ********.
Good news guys, Henry Ford has been cleared of nazism because his business was successful.

moopmoop is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 08:01 AM
  #74  
Will you make something up for me please?
 
shamoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,149
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
The real world reliability and cost of ownership reports from high mileage users are fantastic.
Agree. Outside of isolated cases (with any manufacturer) that you hear on forums/YouTube videos, I know a few people with Teslas and they all love it. Some are on their 2nd already. There are many parts of the USA where a Telsa is still a major head turner, so one with issues might stand out. Here where I am, I see maybe 10 in my 10 minute drive to the train station....where another 10 are parked.

Personally, who cares about Elon (whether you like the dude or not). You're not dating the dude. You're driving a car.

I would love to have one as a daily, I just think it is a little too much money for me.

Last edited by shamoo; 02-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.
shamoo is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 AM
  #75  
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: Pick a car that goes for $200K

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post


how do they make heat? Resistance heat? Heat pump?

I realize I could google it but conversation is more fun
Haha it is. From what I understand, the heater core is a resistance type heater, like those portable radiant heaters with the dish. The rest of it, moving the air, etc works like any other auto blower.
oneludesol is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.