Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photobucket is back at it again!

Old 04-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Photobucket is back at it again!

After that whole ordeal last year where they removed the ability to post links to images on other sites for free accounts, then re-instating that ability but with watermarks, now they're back onto the shenanigans again.

Just got this email saying "Your account has been restricted because you are exceeding the free storage limit. For your reference, Your account is limited to the lesser of 2.5GB or 250 images and you currently have 1622 images in your account. This means that you are no longer able to add photos to your account and must either delete or download images to meet the free plan limit."

As if a size limit just wasn't enough, oh no, now they have to restrict the number of images also. I used to be a paying customer back years ago, until they let my membership lapse with no renewal notification, and I was only able to renew at double the previous rate. After that happened I just let my account switch to the free version. Yeah I have 1600 pics on there but they're all relatively small, much less than 2.5 GB total. In fact in my account settings, it's reporting that all my images are only 742 MB out of a total allowed of 10.6 GB!

Damn man PB has become shady as hell.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:42 AM
0x5359-0055

Default Re: Photobucket is back at it again!

It's a shakedown
Old 04-09-2019, 08:01 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

I got that email too.

But you know what...the damage was already done. I saved my photos and just let the account sit, not using it anymore. Had it for over a decade, but oh well.

Use Google Images now (no image linking ability yet), but it is good enough for me. Unlimited free storage (less than 11MP) and better interface. If I want to link an image on a forum, I use the built in uploader or imgur.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 213374U View Post
It's a shakedown
Capitalism is the best system.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Touching My Member

reminded me to go in there and clean house. Thanks
Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
I got that email too.

But you know what...the damage was already done. I saved my photos and just let the account sit, not using it anymore. Had it for over a decade, but oh well.

Use Google Images now (no image linking ability yet), but it is good enough for me. Unlimited free storage (less than 11MP) and better interface. If I want to link an image on a forum, I use the built in uploader or imgur.
Yeah it just sucks tho because I have a bunch of threads here on HT with pbucket pics. Guess I could just leave it be, unless they actually go around and start removing stuff.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:03 AM
BCICAN

Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
Capitalism is the best system.
That is a true statement.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Touching My Member

deleted my account. their website is utter garbage, so slow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.