OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread*** - Page 51 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Old 01-16-2015, 07:38 PM
longest project ever

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

does anyone know what the connector is called that fits these VDO senders? is it just a regular old female spade that slides over it? I seem to remember a spring loaded connector on some german cars that fits these. the reason for that piece of purple pipe is to add this sender, it's going to be for one of those chariot gauge units, it's just a crossover pipe with a welded on bung and a grounding tab
Old 01-23-2015, 09:02 PM
longest project ever

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

I didn't mean to kill the thread guys
Old 01-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did a lot of minor stuff that isn't worth mentioning. Trying to get everything prepped for when my flywheel gets here.
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2015, 09:46 PM
longest project ever

I just had a headlight bucket assembly apart from the 86, putting the pivot pin and washers etc back together was a &*$^^#%## , looks simple to do, but you have to line up a bushing,pivot pin, outside spacer washer, and plastic washer, all which have flat sides and only ft one way, all while having one hand inside the bucket and another holding the outer frame, what a son of a bitch, ended up sitting watching tv with the complete bucket in front of me, and it only took 45 minutes before everything aligned
Old 01-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Steve at Heart

Did a head gasket on my 98 civic lx. Went pretty smooth, head was resurfaced and jet washed, same with inside of valve cover. Went to torque the bolts and realised the head gasket was on backwards. that was after the intake manifold was all plugged in.

Bought this stuff too.

Last edited by Bently_Coop; 01-24-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Team Purple

After dicking with it casually for the past month or so, I think I finally figured out what's ticking in the motor.

When I ran it with the valve covers off, I thought it was a bad lifter..there was one that wasn't oiling up the rocker. I swapped that and it kept ticking. Then I swapped all lifters, rockers, and pushrods. Still ******* ticked. Finally this weekend, I noticed one of the rockers was still kind of loose after being torqued down...I push on the valve spring and sure enough it moves. So either today or later this week I'm swapping out that spring and hopefully I can finally drive the car again. The motor is a Ford small block FWIW.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:42 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Lolin at push rods

Anyone got hook ups on deutsch connectors?

Gonna use those for the half way mark.

I think spadam?
Old 01-26-2015, 09:54 AM
Team Purple

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7 View Post
Lolin at push rods

Anyone got hook ups on deutsch connectors?

Gonna use those for the half way mark.

I think spadam?
Why "LOL @ pushrods"....there's a reason cam in block engines are on the rise.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Installed 50 degree VTC. Took off K24 oil pump and started prepping the RSX-S oil pump for install. Vendors went 3 for 4 on sending me incomplete or incorrect parts so after the K20 pump goes on I get to sit and wait.
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Why "LOL @ pushrods"....there's a reason cam in block engines are on the rise.
Um... proof? Because last time I checked everyone is going to OHC. GM is the only real exception with the LS series but most of their small engines are OHC now.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:55 AM
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S

Don’t you guys ******* start about push rod engines in the thread too! One ******* idiot is enough (CTS-V thread)!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Team Purple

Originally Posted by njn63 View Post
Installed 50 degree VTC. Took off K24 oil pump and started prepping the RSX-S oil pump for install. Vendors went 3 for 4 on sending me incomplete or incorrect parts so after the K20 pump goes on I get to sit and wait.

Um... proof? Because last time I checked everyone is going to OHC. GM is the only real exception with the LS series but most of their small engines are OHC now.
I work with GM cars for a living so I have the most exposure to those. I'm a Ford guy so I'm not "fanboying" GM but the LS motors are one of the most popular engine options out there today there's a reason for that. Besides...I prefer me some big V8 power over just about anything else.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:00 PM
longest project ever

I got my links figured out for my headlights and fan, this block used to hold the old strip type fusible links, but the newer style links fit, linked them to a Honda junction block, with a copper bus bar. alternator lead in one end, out the other end. the wooden block will be the fiberglass mold for the cover
Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i had a very extensive day with my truck. i drove it the 1 mile to the gym for my sons swim lessons and about an hour after getting home i drove back there to work out. so roughly 4 miles if that put on the truck. i hope i didnt wear it out.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:51 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV View Post
well i had a very extensive day with my truck. i drove it the 1 mile to the gym for my sons swim lessons and about an hour after getting home i drove back there to work out. so roughly 4 miles if that put on the truck. i hope i didnt wear it out.
Solution

Buy beater truck to keep new truck pristine
Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
Solution

That is my beater truck. 06 tundra with 80k on it.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Solution

No, he needs to rent a car to keep his personal vehicle in like new condition.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:29 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

I was thinking he was the guy with the new Denali
Old 01-30-2015, 05:31 AM
longest project ever

Solution

all trucks are made to be beat on, well except for that new aluminum panel crap from Ford, it's a truck, use it like a truck,
Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
all trucks are made to be beat on, well except for that new aluminum panel crap from Ford, it's a truck, use it like a truck,
I agree that truck beds are made to beat on, outsides not so much
Old 01-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was thinking he was the guy with the new Denali
I was referring back to twins logic: https://honda-tech.com/general-discu...t-car-3210001/

Leave the engineering to engineers please.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 PM
longest project ever

I agree that truck beds are made to beat on, outsides not so much
body on my 2002 was excellent except for the bed being beat up on top, debating if I'm going to find a used bed at the yard, or just fix the dents and rhino line the top 6 inches of the bed, I use a camper top anyway, so that would make the most sense, not as concerned with cosmetics as much as preventing rust
Old 01-30-2015, 06:54 PM
longest project ever

Originally Posted by njn63 View Post
I was referring back to twins logic: https://honda-tech.com/general-discu...t-car-3210001/

Leave the engineering to engineers please.
it doesn't take an engineer to figure out that something like aluminum isn't going to hold up on a truck bed, This is the same company who's engineers designed PLASTIC door handles and a plastic tailgate handle on mine, good truck other then the door handles snapping off in your hand, my truck works for a living, I haul scrap metal, car parts, dirt, gravel, I just recently hauled 1200 pounds of machinery 500 miles back home, I camp out of this truck, pull brush etc, I couldn't image having to worry about a truck bed made out of aluminum.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it doesn't take an engineer to figure out that something like aluminum isn't going to hold up on a truck bed, This is the same company who's engineers designed PLASTIC door handles and a plastic tailgate handle on mine, good truck other then the door handles snapping off in your hand
Except it does hold up, even in fleet vehicles: How Ford secretly used customers to test its aluminum F-150 [w/video]

Plastic door handles have been standard on all trucks since the 90s from what I can remember. If a proper material is used and the design is correct it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:13 PM
longest project ever

Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
Watch yourself. Lostforawhile is not only an expert on thunder/lightning/physics, he's also a materials engineer.

Also, covertly handing out prototypes to users is brilliant! Great way to learn/get honest feedback.
want me to send you my broken door handle so you can analyze why it's a cheap piece of ****?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.