OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread*** - Page 11 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Widow's Son

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

This was last Wednesday. Totally forgot to put it in the thread:

Went to the track and this was tech'ing in with me:

Got 12 runs in (thought it was only 10 then found 2 more time slips...lol). These were the best two. My 60ft is fking HORRIBLE. 121mph trap speed ain't bad...

There's a slight whine in my transmission now. I gotta check the fluid. I'm getting that changed out either Monday or Tuesday then heading back out next Wednesday. I WILL be in the 11's. 18 inch wheels and street tires be damned....I'm gonna do it.

Oh, this was with TCS on, full interior, 1/2 tank of gas, spare, stuff in the trunk, my stuff in the backseat.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Swaggylicious

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

Originally Posted by sCeRaXn View Post
368hp and 112ft/lbs
lol something like that, it makes a hair over 300 and negative torque haha

I changed le oil on her yesterday. Rotella 15-40 for $13 at vatozone ftw

Old 06-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

installed the spoiler, and test fitted the lip.
im going to need a new bumper
Old 06-17-2012, 11:15 AM
I like to party

Sold the Regas
Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
Sold the Regas
After all that trouble over the stickers you go and sell them?

Good. To be honest they were really the only thing i didnt like about your car. There was a guy near me with an EBP Si that was running Wedsport sa90's and that car was sooo sick
Old 06-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I like to party

After all that trouble over the stickers you go and sell them?

Good. To be honest they were really the only thing i didnt like about your car. There was a guy near me with an EBP Si that was running Wedsport sa90's and that car was sooo sick

Guy that bought the Regas actually just sold his SA90s to buy them lol. Ya, IDK, I just didn't like something about them. I think it's cause they were refinished. But I have something nice coming up next... I'll post some pics when I get em on.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by r_Senik View Post
You also need this

Old 06-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol
Old 06-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Widow's Son

Originally Posted by __oversea View Post
You also need this

Old 06-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the head resurfaced and new ARP headstuds in, still pushes coolant at idle

Any ideas? Can't bleed the coolant because it slowly ebbs out. Sleeves aren't cracked, block checked out fine.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:08 PM

You sure the deck isnt warped? Thats odd for it to be leaking coolant into the cylinders if the mating surfaces are true and youre using a new hg. Are you using oil or assembly lube on the head studs, and are you sure your torque wrench is accurate? Also, this may seem like a stupid question but i dont know how good of a mechanic you are...are you sure youre putting the hg on correclty? lol
Old 06-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I checked the deck with a straight edge and feeler gauges. Used ARP lube, torqued to 65 ftlbs in 3 steps with a Craftsman click-type torque wrench. I'm pretty sure I installed the headgasket correctly, the Fel-pro logo was upside down and facing up. #4 cylinder had the least number of coolant holes in the headgasket.

Compression test 175, 160, 162, 170
Hooked up 100psi of air into each cylinder and saw no change in the coolant level in the radiator.
All mating surfaces were wiped down with alcohol and thoroughly cleaned. The block was slightly decked and bored to 75.5mm sometime last year.

However, at idle, radiator cap off, coolant pushes out from the radiator slowly. E.g. if I fill it up almost to the top, the level slowly rises until coolant spills out. It didn't do this before with my first motor setup.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Put CRX on jackstands to get started on innner/outer tie rods.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

drove to work
Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ohhh and NSX is at the shop getting a full paint treatment (Clay, buff polish, wash, seal and whatever else it is they do for few hundred). I wont have it until friday. Also getting a scratch on rear bumper fixed.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S

I had the most horrible feeling of déjà vu last night…

Motor build 2.0 began…
Attached Images    
Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 AM

How long do you think this one will last?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S

How long do you think this one will last?

Will make sure crankshaft pulley is properly torqued.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Mr. Indecisive

I need to start replacing some suspension pieces. Front end is feeling a little loose Not sure where to start....
Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by b20sedan View Post

Will make sure crankshaft pulley is properly torqued.
Lesson learned. Just sucks that it was the hard way

Are you doing anything different this time around or are you sticking with the same setup?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
been there done that

put new plates on. that's gonna be it for a while.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S

Lesson learned. Just sucks that it was the hard way

Are you doing anything different this time around or are you sticking with the same setup?
BTW, in case anyone’s wondering, I didn’t assemble the motor… I just dropped it into the car…

Essentially the same setup though, reusing my pistons and rods and just replacing the crankshaft, a few valves, gaskets, and timing chain… I’ll find out for sure once the machine shop gets back to us though.

I am getting a bigger turbo housing and return fuel system though, might as well go for 500+ whp while I’m at it.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EJ8VTEC View Post
I need to start replacing some suspension pieces. Front end is feeling a little loose Not sure where to start....
Thats the reason I am doing tie rods on my CRX. I have it on stands in garage and waiting for my buddy to come over so we can start working on it.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Head Of Bespoke

Originally Posted by b20sedan View Post

I am getting a bigger turbo housing and return fuel system though, might as well go for 500+ whp while I’m at it.
It'll be nice to have you in the club.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Put $51 of 87 octane in my Civic.

Son of a mother. Never went over $50 before.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.