Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Old 04-22-2019, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

Originally Posted by junior40er View Post

Lol damn that sucks.
I already used iti multiple times so its done paid for itself.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Changed struts on a Mazda 3. Not my car, but my cousins.

I did this on wife's CX-5 awhile back, and I couldn't get those same strut spring compressors to fit. So I hit up Harbor Freight and picked up this beast, which worked like a charm. Will probably use it again with my sister-in-law's Honda Pilot.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Swaggylicious

How does that compress?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
How does that compress?
The lateral threaded bar will pull the Vs together
Old 04-22-2019, 10:40 AM
"Haters Gonna Hate"

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
I have the balljoint rental kit from autozone. Works every time. Even used it on my tacoma. The Honda specific kit.

Stupid ***** never told me I had a time limit to return the damn thing so I ended up having to keep it.

Do they get your CC card when you rent it? If so I would check your statement & see if they charged you for it.

I need to change my torn ball joints also
Old 04-22-2019, 10:42 AM
Swaggylicious

Originally Posted by ky13 View Post
The lateral threaded bar will pull the Vs together
ah! couldnt tell that was threaded at first
Old 04-22-2019, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
ah! couldnt tell that was threaded at first
The pic is a little deceiving. The sideways threaded bar compresses the jaws on each side. The pic is basically of the spring compressor in a sideways position.

And I have yet to figure out what the steel hexagonal shape piece is for. I didn't use it when I changed the struts on the Mazda.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FrostyDC4 View Post
Do they get your CC card when you rent it? If so I would check your statement & see if they charged you for it.

I need to change my torn ball joints also

Loooooong time ago....
Old 04-22-2019, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

started trimming the crash bar to accept the euro style fiberglass bumper skin , gonna look sweet

Old 04-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
Nice! What is your next event? Wednesday night at sac raceway? #classic
Originally Posted by doood View Post
Cmi next Sunday. Wednesday night's are for muffled street cars only. Gaaaay
You guys in the Sac area? I moved here recently and the car scene seems pretty lackluster...haven't seen very many modded anything around

Tested out the new OME suspension and 33" AT's on the Cruiser last weekend. Contemplating selling the Evo soon

Last edited by sde780; 04-22-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You roam the streets, they roaming the autox tracks.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:13 PM
been there done that

Originally Posted by sde780 View Post
You guys in the Sac area? I moved here recently and the car scene seems pretty lackluster...haven't seen very many modded anything around

Tested out the new OME suspension and 33" AT's on the Cruiser last weekend. Contemplating selling the Evo soon

What part of sac? I haven't done the meets/hang outs thing in years because of the stupid kids. There's a cars and coffee in folsom and another in roseville I think that look like a good time but again I haven't been.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Shamoo, explain to me your jack/jack stand contraption under the car?!?!?!
Old 04-23-2019, 05:44 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg View Post
Here we go again....
Old 04-23-2019, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
Here we go again....
What did I miss?!!!!
Old 04-23-2019, 06:16 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

He did an opinion article either in the GST thread or the latest purchase thread. Probably also here.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg View Post
Looks like JackPoint jack stands to me

https://shop.jackpointjackstands.com/main.sc
Old 04-23-2019, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doood View Post
What part of sac? I haven't done the meets/hang outs thing in years because of the stupid kids. There's a cars and coffee in folsom and another in roseville I think that look like a good time but again I haven't been.
Currently in Midtown, although probably moving to East Sac once my lease is up. Yeah I went to a couple of Elk Grove meets and they're mostly kids/dropouts in their parents' cars. Any good HPDE/autoX events around here? Looks like most of them are at Thunderhill
Old 04-23-2019, 08:37 AM
footwork mastery

Currently in Midtown, although probably moving to East Sac once my lease is up. Yeah I went to a couple of Elk Grove meets and they're mostly kids/dropouts in their parents' cars. Any good HPDE/autoX events around here? Looks like most of them are at Thunderhill
Thunderhill always has some sort of track day going on with different groups, SCCA, NASA, speedSF, etc. I went to my first track night event last week and loved it. Way more laid back than most I've been to and it's nice not making an entire day of it. Starts at 4, done by 8 not bad at all for $140 too. Next one is May 23rd I think. I'll be there.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:41 PM
been there done that

Thunderhill has a lot of hpdes and if you're up for a drive my friends are always going to the speedSF and vtec club events at buttonwillow. There's a few SCCA autox events held at Mather field throughout the year.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ky13 View Post
Looks like JackPoint jack stands to me

https://shop.jackpointjackstands.com/main.sc
Damn I could really use those for getting our Mazda CX5 up onto 4 stands, but got dang those are expensive af Makes me appreciate how small and easy the Teg is to get up onto 4 stands.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Decided to take rear brakes apart to install ARP extended wheel studs, repaint calipers (have them torn apart and soaking right now) and today I installed ball joints by freezing ball joints overnight and they went in with just a couple taps. Snap ring in place and once they get back to room temp they will swell back into place. Now I have wheel bearings in the deep freezer and will be next. I will use old bearing as a tool to tap into place.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
Damn I could really use those for getting our Mazda CX5 up onto 4 stands, but got dang those are expensive af Makes me appreciate how small and easy the Teg is to get up onto 4 stands.
Daytona low profile Jack from HF and their 6 ton Jack stands will get your car up REAL high real quick. Check my pics above. I can ho up another 4 inches from that if I wanted to.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by junior40er View Post
Daytona low profile Jack from HF and their 6 ton Jack stands will get your car up REAL high real quick. Check my pics above. I can ho up another 4 inches from that if I wanted to.
It's not the height that's the issue, although I've been eyeing a couple of HF's low-profile jacks because my 20-year old floor jack is a total POS. But on the Mazda there are no good center jack points near the front and rear bumpers. The jack has to go all the way back to the subframe behind the engine to jack up the whole front end at once. I was trying the other day to jack up the car using the side jack points and putting stands under the lower control arm pick-up points in front and rear, and I never could get it to sit level for some reason.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Steve at Heart

PatrickGSR94 have you bled your floor jack? Open and add oil then close, may have to add more later. My Brother recently did this and said his jack pumps way faster now. Something to think about. I'm going to try it on my older one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.