OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread*** - Page 10 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

Originally Posted by Danza View Post
I did have some guy offer to sell me his 00 hibiscus manual sedan when he saw me swapping wheels over on saturday.

Gave him my number, we will see if he calls.
A Hibiscus S4? Those are rare as hell, atleast around these parts. Thats probably why its one of the few reds that i actually like lol

I still want a Cactus Green S4. Ive only seen one in person and it was

Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Total area of valve sizes, always wins!
Then the 2.7t > all those Honda engines

3 intake valves > 2 intake valves

Old 06-11-2012, 12:30 PM
rookn00b

Default Re: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread**

Square area of the intake valves must equal 33-34% of the bore.

Don't need three.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Same area plus smaller orifices equals higher velocity at the same volume doe

Nah its good in theory, but i dont think the whole three valve idea can be used to its fullest without the ability to control atleast one of them independently. I read an article years back about them working on a system that uses a regular cam for the exhaust and two of the intake valves, and then an electronic system to actuate the third intake valve. Dont know what ever came of that though. The two cam actuated intake valves were larger than the electronic one, which was supposed to be used mainly to keep velocity high at lower engine speeds, and to add a super vtec-like kick in the upper rpms. Neat idea, but it seems like it would be a complicated way to accomplish that task. These are the Germans were talking about though
Old 06-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone still use 5v heads outside of motorcycles? Seems like it was the hot thing in the mid-late 90s and then kid of fell off. VW, Toyota, and Ferrari used 5v heads pretty recently, but no more.

Just not needed? Too expensive for the gains?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:27 PM
been there done that

put amsoil synchromesh in the tranny and compression test. numbers were a little low but consistent.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Total area of valve sizes, always wins!
pmed for further explanation
Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by RynoDyno312 View Post
Does anyone still use 5v heads outside of motorcycles? Seems like it was the hot thing in the mid-late 90s and then kid of fell off. VW, Toyota, and Ferrari used 5v heads pretty recently, but no more.

Just not needed? Too expensive for the gains?
I cant think of anyone that still uses 5 valves. The only people to ever use them successfully on production cars were VAG and Toyota(Yamaha) i think. Ferrari and Bugatti used them in some supercars, but not for very long. Theyre just too technical and complicated for the small gains i guess. Like i said before, theyre theoretically superior in many ways, but the real world applications just arent there yet, and might never be depending on which trends the automotive world decides to follow.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the 355 and 360 had 5v heads, for Ferrari. I guess they are technically "supercars," but they were the bread-and-butter of the Fezza lineup for nearly a decade.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:19 PM

I think the 355 and 360 had 5v heads, for Ferrari. I guess they are technically "supercars," but they were the bread-and-butter of the Fezza lineup for nearly a decade.
Yea but im talking about regular cars that can go more than 5k miles without having to spend $5k on valve adjustments and such. Those Ferrari Tipo engines were great pieces of engineering for the time, but the amount of maintenance on them was enough to drive a person insane. Any car can use technology like that when they get serviced more in the first 20k miles than most cars will in 150k miles

The F50 is considered the best use of 5v's out there, though IMO that title should go to Audis insane 25v 650+hp I5 that set so many records back in the 80's
Old 06-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

re: 80's race cars. Throw a enough boost at it and anything will will make stupid power.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 PM

re: 80's race cars. Throw a enough boost at it and anything will will make stupid power.
That wasnt the case in the 80's. Back then they still had rudimentary engine management systems so they still had to rely on mechanical means to gain large amounts of power. Theres a reason Audi decided to ditch the 4v heads when they couldnt break 500hp reliably
Old 06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sCeRaXn View Post
That wasnt the case in the 80's. Back then they still had rudimentary engine management systems so they still had to rely on mechanical means to gain large amounts of power. Theres a reason Audi decided to ditch the 4v heads when they couldnt break 500hp reliably
This is group B? Or older than that?

It seemed like pretty much everyone had a small engine with crazy output back then--the Ford RS200 comes to mind (I just saw 4 of them in person in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago--tiny little buggers). Mainly when I think of 1980s turbo race cars I think F1, where they were running in excess of 70psi of boost on the 1.5Ls.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM

This is group B? Or older than that?

It seemed like pretty much everyone had a small engine with crazy output back then--the Ford RS200 comes to mind (I just saw 4 of them in person in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago--tiny little buggers). Mainly when I think of 1980s turbo race cars I think F1, where they were running in excess of 70psi of boost on the 1.5Ls.
This was actually seperate from Group B. It was based on that engine, but used 5 valves instead of 4 and was basically an engineering exercise for the company. They dropped the motor in an Audi 200 and ran it at 205mph around the Nardo test track for 1000km straight

I think they ended up dropping the motor in an old Group B car and Michelle Mouton used it to smash all of the records at Pikes Peak, which stood until that crazy old Monster Tajima came along with his little Suzuki
Old 06-11-2012, 03:14 PM
rookn00b

Honda stuffed eight valves into one cylinder.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Honda stuffed eight valves into one cylinder.
And used oval pistons that used two rods each

Leave it to Honda to come up with all the cool **** lol

Old 06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NR750 says all your motorcycle engine are belong to Honda.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
rookn00b

Just don't call JE for any piston rings.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:59 PM
rookn00b

Smog check and registration.

Car is extremely clean!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Swaggylicious

cool **** coming soon!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Swaggylicious

Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
Haha, then it wasnt a twin.

Twas me.
local GDD-er say whaa

First three shots that were edited from the shoot

Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I finally got my gator goodyear belt for my supercharger and its back in the car. I double checked installation of my new diffuser and test pipes and took her for a drive. In love all over again.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Master Detailer

I drove it, and then put right back in the garage.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
local GDD-er say whaa

First three shots that were edited from the shoot

Interdasting.

What kinda power it dun make?
Old 06-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

washed it and took some pics with a buddy

Old 06-16-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Destroyer View Post
Interdasting.

What kinda power it dun make?
368hp and 112ft/lbs

For the past two days ive been doing a pretty major cleaning/detail on the interior of the Audi. I spent about 4hrs on it yesterday and have put probably 2.5-3hrs into today, but its been off and on because ive been taking breaks to watch the Euros and Le Mans. All i have left to do is clean and treat the leather and then im done. Ill probably wash the outside but i wont be doing a detail on it. Im going next week to a local detailer/painter to see what i have to do to take care of the oxidization on the roof and hood. If its something that i need to leave to the pros then ill probably just get them to detail the exterior while theyre at it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OMGZ. I car thread in GDD! ***Official What did you do to your car today thread***

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.