OJ was.........guilty? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

OJ was.........guilty?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 03-04-2016, 06:34 AM
  #1  
816d16 owes me money!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,525
Default OJ was.........guilty?

I know, I know....I'm blown away as well.


O.J. Simpson: Buried Knife Found at O.J.'s Estate | TMZ.com

"A construction worker found a knife buried on the perimeter of the former O.J. Simpson estate ... and it's currently being tested by the LAPD in a top secret investigation"





In all seriousness, this is intriguing to me. I'm going to follow this and see if anything comes of it.
usdm420 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:37 AM
  #2  
Steve at Heart
 
Bently_Coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,905
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Lol at top secret
Bently_Coop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:38 AM
  #3  
Resident Hoser #1
 
CAN97SH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Great White North eH!
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
Lol at top secret
x2

Top secret to LAPD and GDD only
CAN97SH is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:39 AM
  #4  
Head Of Bespoke
 
Rguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,256
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Oh man, new trial!?
Rguy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:39 AM
  #5  
816d16 owes me money!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,525
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Can't. Double Jeopardy and all that.
usdm420 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:40 AM
  #6  
Head Of Bespoke
 
Rguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,256
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Can't. Double Jeopardy and all that.
That only applies to being convicted of a crime twice...

New evidence is enough to bring an old case back.
Rguy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:42 AM
  #7  
816d16 owes me money!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,525
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
That only applies to being convicted of a crime twice...

New evidence is enough to bring an old case back.
Well whatever it's called, you can't be charged for the same crime twice. He's been acquitted, can't be brought up on murder charges for Ron/Nicole anymore.
usdm420 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:43 AM
  #8  
816d16 owes me money!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,525
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

No, I was right.

It's Double Jeopardy, and it applies here.

"Double jeopardy is a procedural defence that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same (or similar) charges in the same case following a legitimate acquittal or conviction"
usdm420 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:45 AM
  #9  
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today
 
doctorake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NOVA, Virginia
Posts: 2,700
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

It is indeed double jeopardy.
doctorake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:49 AM
  #10  
I collect venereal diseases
 
ZTwentyH8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Swear to ME!
Posts: 3,610
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

He's old and insane now. Even if they could try him again, would it be worth it?
ZTwentyH8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:49 AM
  #11  
I collect venereal diseases
 
ZTwentyH8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Swear to ME!
Posts: 3,610
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

They could however try him for something to do with hiding evidence
ZTwentyH8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:52 AM
  #12  
Drunk Wagon Pilot
 
Pinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pasadena......MD
Posts: 1,167
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Could have been buried by the new owners of the house
























































lol yeah right
Pinja is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:52 AM
  #13  
Head Of Bespoke
 
Rguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,256
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
No, I was right.

It's Double Jeopardy, and it applies here.

"Double jeopardy is a procedural defence that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same (or similar) charges in the same case following a legitimate acquittal or conviction"
So i get acquitted of Murder. Next day they find evidence including a video of me murdering the person, and a selfie of me over the dead body.

Im free to go?
Rguy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:52 AM
  #14  
816d16 owes me money!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,525
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by ZTwentyH8 View Post
They could however try him for something to do with hiding evidence
That was my thought.....prob obstruction of justice, and some other BS.
He's sitting in jail currently too, right? Just extend his current stay till.....I dunno.....he dies?
usdm420 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM
  #15  
something gnarly
 
5SpdH22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ᶜᵸᶥᶜᵃᵍᵒ
Posts: 666
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

inb4 the knife doesn't fit in his hand
5SpdH22 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM
  #16  
816d16 owes me money!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,525
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
So i get acquitted of Murder. Next day they find evidence including a video of me murdering the person, and a selfie of me over the dead body.

Im free to go?
Correct.
You can be charged for other stuff, but not the charge you just beat.
Funny how that works, huh?
usdm420 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM
  #17  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Lol, yes he was guilty.
mar778c is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:55 AM
  #18  
something gnarly
 
5SpdH22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ᶜᵸᶥᶜᵃᵍᵒ
Posts: 666
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

anyone read his book If I Did It? does he bury the knife on his property?
5SpdH22 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:56 AM
  #19  
Touching My Member
iTrader: (1)
 
.Manny.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 4,777
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by 5SpdH22 View Post
inb4 the knife doesn't fit in his hand
lolz
.Manny. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:57 AM
  #20  
Honda-Tech Member
 
ford9n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

anyone read the book OJ wrote?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_I_Did_It


ford9n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 AM
  #21  
Head Of Bespoke
 
Rguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,256
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Correct.
You can be charged for other stuff, but not the charge you just beat.
Funny how that works, huh?
But new evidence can be presented that can make someone convicted of a crime, be given a new trial, but not the other way around.
Rguy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:04 AM
  #22  
Video Game Collector
 
jonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Calvert County, MD
Posts: 1,711
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Well, if this isn't the most shocking news I've ever heard.
jonebone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:04 AM
  #23  
816d16 owes me money!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,525
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
But new evidence can be presented that can make someone convicted of a crime, be given a new trial, but not the other way around.
An appeal, yes.
Justice System makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, don't it?
usdm420 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:05 AM
  #24  
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today
 
doctorake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NOVA, Virginia
Posts: 2,700
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
But new evidence can be presented that can make someone convicted of a crime, be given a new trial, but not the other way around.
Once you are acquitted, they can not charge you again, even if you say yeah I did it. They may be able to charge you with other things, especially perjury.

It protects the individual from being locked in a legal mess for as long as the state/feds would want to harass them for.
doctorake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:13 AM
  #25  
Do you even red wheels?
 
ForceFed Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: OJ was.........guilty?

Of course he did it. His defense just played the race card. It was a damn near get out of jail free card during that time period.

Steven Avery should have hired that defense team.
ForceFed Motorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OJ was.........guilty?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.