Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Road Bike Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (YOUalreadyKNOW)

'93 Serotta Colorado III w/ complete 7400 Dura Ace STI group, Mavic Open 4 CDs, etc.

I'm planning on rewarding myself with a sub-16lb bike in the fall/winter if I can accomplish some riding goals with this particular bike, which I got for only $800 on Craigslist.

Kookz, that Scott is NICE.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (Drew Peacock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drew Peacock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Don't you feel like a fruitcake dressed in that crap? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't you feel like a fruit cake driving a car with a hood that doesn't match and that only has 90hp?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 361 accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

all that and you cant even hop curbs, or do tailwhips

[freak] dat

i can get a CRX AND a kickass skateboard for that much</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn,I guess I am selling my bike now.I always wanted a few CRX's.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Twixle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I came into this thread expecting to see bikes with engines </TD></TR></TABLE>

Go to /26, then. or, you didn't have to waste your time by posting.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black SVT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is even more true with road bikes.A $1,500 MTB is a decent ride.$1,500 typically doesn't get you much of a road bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mannn. :'( I wanted to save up for an Equinox5, just to ride when I didn't want to hit the trails. At least I learned not to spend less than 800-1000 for a mtn bike. lol.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (Kusai.Nihonjin.Desu)

Here is a little of my collection:
Track bike

Last years road bike:

I am riding the same parts, but with a new system 6 frame. Wheels vary depending on what i am training on and racing. They can be standard 32 spoke,reynolds deep v's, reynolds mid v's or a set of clincher or tubular zipp 404's

and my TT bike.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (Racermech)

Oh and here is my bike from 2005.

and my teams website (shamless self promotion)
http://www.cycling.schroederiron.com
Old 06-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you know for the price of that SRM you could get 2 CRX's and 2 skateboards?

You have some nice stuff.

I wish we had a velodrome here or at least some where close.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait a sec wtf is up with those little *** pedals

i would not like road bikes, or bikes in general, i somehow end up racking my nuts somehow ftl

try longboards if skateboards are too hard for you, nice and soft wide wheels retardedly stable... depending on the model and your skill you can hop curbs with them....
Old 06-29-2008, 04:00 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (361 accord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 361 accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait a sec wtf is up with those little *** pedals

</TD></TR></TABLE>

clipless pedals. IMO, the only way to ride a bicycle. i have eggbeaters on my fixie. 100% efficiency
Old 06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 361 accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait a sec wtf is up with those little *** pedals

i would not like road bikes, or bikes in general, i somehow end up racking my nuts somehow ftl

try longboards if skateboards are too hard for you, nice and soft wide wheels retardedly stable... depending on the model and your skill you can hop curbs with them....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Skateboards aren't very good for going 10+ miles.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seriously,STFU and get out of this thread.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (njn63)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by njn63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Skateboards aren't very good for going 10+ miles.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, you win<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black SVT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Seriously,STFU and get out of this thread.</TD></TR></TABLE> i no scare!!!

actually i was hoping to learn something from this thread, like thopse little *** pedals and stuff like that, and why having the bike be light as possible is so important when i weigh like 200 pounds almost
Old 06-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 361 accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
actually i was hoping to learn something from this thread, like thopse little *** pedals and stuff like that, and why having the bike be light as possible is so important when i weigh like 200 pounds almost </TD></TR></TABLE>

They wear special shoes with clips in them that secure their shoe to the pedal. I know he mentioned "clipless pedals" up there but I figured I'd explain it a little better.

Weight? Not sure how important it is and I've never ridden a road bike under 25 pounds so I'll let someone else answer that.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:12 PM

just curious but why are all the handle bars below the seat, and why do they curve that way

isn't that uncomfortable?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (ninja 6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninja 6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just curious but why are all the handle bars below the seat, and why do they curve that way

isn't that uncomfortable?</TD></TR></TABLE>Same reason the wear the fruitty attire aerodynamics.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by njn63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They wear special shoes with clips in them that secure their shoe to the pedal. I know he mentioned "clipless pedals" up there but I figured I'd explain it a little better.

Weight? Not sure how important it is and I've never ridden a road bike under 25 pounds so I'll let someone else answer that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i suppose, to each their own, but unless you are riding for fun/fitness rather than to a destination to stop...weird shoes and funny clothing does not make much sense

like you cant get all suited up to go to workwith funny shoes and a nutsuit
unless you shower at work and have a backpack with your stuff and entire change of clothes, twhuicgh then kills your nutsuit's practicality

Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i suppose, to each their own, but unless you are riding for fun/fitness rather than to a destination to stop...weird shoes and funny clothing does not make much sense

like you cant get all suited up to go to workwith funny shoes and a nutsuit
unless you shower at work and have a backpack with your stuff and entire change of clothes, twhuicgh then kills your nutsuit's practicality

</TD></TR></TABLE>

While I draw the line similarly, it's just part of the sport. Firesuits look funny outside of race cars too but it's a necessity when you're racing. I'm sure wearing full spandex/lycra/whatever makes riding a whole lot easier than wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

While I draw the line similarly, it's just part of the sport. Firesuits look funny outside of race cars too but it's a necessity when you're racing. I'm sure wearing full spandex/lycra/whatever makes riding a whole lot easier than wearing jeans and a t-shirt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it does. , big diffecerenece between baggy *** clothing and izod shorts/beater

i completely understand then, if it is part of the sport

like gettin padded up to go skating

if i am just cruisiun around on my board i just wear normal stuff no pads lol,

:lightbulb:

yall guys dont wear knee/elbow pretection when riding? or yes

Old 06-29-2008, 06:21 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninja 6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just curious but why are all the handle bars below the seat, and why do they curve that way

isn't that uncomfortable?</TD></TR></TABLE>
to get low
Old 06-29-2008, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (Kookz)

no carbon fiber, no fancy parts...and it's 20+ years old.

but it is fun to ride, gets about 50+ miles a week on the road, and only cost me $78 bucks.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:55 PM
the Asian sensation

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (Mr. Thunderlips)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Thunderlips &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no carbon fiber, no fancy parts...and it's 20+ years old.

but it is fun to ride, gets about 50+ miles a week on the road, and only cost me $78 bucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I need to get a road bike like that. I have a Trek that I ride around town and by the river, but I kinda want something faster. Haha.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Official Road Bike Thread (ninja 6)

isn't that uncomfortable?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which picture are you asking about??? I am guessing the TT bike (black and blue).

Also the Lycra is not just for aerodynamics, it is for sweat wicking and overall comfort. Trust me you get tore up a lot more wearing shorts and a t-shirt then you do in all the gear.

The small pedals are referred to as clipless, think of it as a ski binding. Basically there is a "cleat" on the bottom of the show, the cleat clips into the pedal using a downward motion. to get out you twist your heal and pop out. They are very effective and very easy to use.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:42 PM

and why having the bike be light as possible is so important when i weigh like 200 pounds almost </TD></TR></TABLE>

Much like a car, lighter is more responsive and easier to manuver. My bikes ae in the 16-17lbs range. I have had lighter bikes but I never really liked the way they rode. Also when it is just you pushing up a mountain you want to drop every pound you can.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM

yall guys dont wear knee/elbow pretection when riding? or yes

</TD></TR></TABLE>

On the road no. That is what makes it so fun, go into a corner at 30+mph on a skiney *** tire at 120psi. Just a little bit of oil or gravel and you end up on your *** with only a think layer of lycria between you and the road.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racermech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Much like a car, lighter is more responsive and easier to manuver. My bikes ae in the 16-17lbs range. I have had lighter bikes but I never really liked the way they rode. Also when it is just you pushing up a mountain you want to drop every pound you can. </TD></TR></TABLE> every ounce counts,. my carbon fiber skateboard was fast as hell
Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racermech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

On the road no. That is what makes it so fun, go into a corner at 30+mph on a skiney *** tire at 120psi. Just a little bit of oil or gravel and you end up on your *** with only a think layer of lycria between you and the road.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haaha yeah i did that on muy carbon fiber skateboard with the best bearings money can buy, hit a pothole FTL!!!!!!

i staggered everywhere for like a week and huge bruise all down my sides

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Road Bike Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.