Official MMA thread (Mixed Martial Arts) - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Official MMA thread (Mixed Martial Arts)

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official MMA thread (Mixed Martial Arts)

Old 06-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical MMA thread (J.EM1)

I do Muay Thai. It's known for having the strongest kicks in martial arts as well as devastating knees and elbows which is why it is sometimes called the science of 8 limbs.

Anyhow my favorite fighters at the moment are Wanderlei Silva and Mirko "Crocop". My new hero at the moment is a guy by the name of Buakaw he's a 155 pound bad ***, I always watch his highlight clips before I go train.

Here's one of his clips <FONT COLOR="red">http://www.compfused.com/directlink/388/</FONT>
Old 06-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical MMA thread (Drag_Racer_DRU)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_Racer_DRU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do Muay Thai. It's known for having the strongest kicks in martial arts as well as devastating knees and elbows which is why it is sometimes called the science of 8 limbs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

where do you get instruction from?

Old 06-27-2005, 05:42 PM
ⒽⓉ ④ ⓁⒾⒻⒺ

LOL I knew this was going to turn into another 'one martial art is better then the other thread'. And it's ju-jitsu spelled correctly in Roman English.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: (nek0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nek0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL I knew this was going to turn into another 'one martial art is better then the other thread'. And it's ju-jitsu spelled correctly in Roman English.</TD></TR></TABLE>

REAL martial artist believe that NO martial art is superior than another. people, they all have their pros and cons and as a practitioner, you must figure them all out.

for all the people who watch UFC and Pride or whatever they call it now, those fighters will kick my *** definately (because i don't get paid to practice) but there are better (unpublized) fighting events/fighters unheard of, that no that man who has entered the UFC will .
Old 06-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_Racer_DRU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do Muay Thai. It's known for having the strongest kicks in martial arts as well as devastating knees and elbows which is why it is sometimes called the science of 8 limbs.

Anyhow my favorite fighters at the moment are Wanderlei Silva and Mirko "Crocop". My new hero at the moment is a guy by the name of Buakaw he's a 155 pound bad ***, I always watch his highlight clips before I go train.

Here's one of his clips <FONT COLOR="red">http://www.compfused.com/directlink/388/</FONT>
</TD></TR></TABLE> that clip was bad ***. i wish there would have been a place open for muay thai when i started tae kwon do, **** is useless. muay thai would have been alot better.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:42 PM

Shotokan Karate.
Not one of those mc dojo places either where they give out black belts like happy meals.. =P
Old 06-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: (nek0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nek0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL I knew this was going to turn into another 'one martial art is better then the other thread'. </TD></TR></TABLE>

who said that? if you are referring to my post im just curious why the gracies have their own style and why its theirs. i actually do want to know whats so different about it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nek0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And it's ju-jitsu spelled correctly in Roman English.</TD></TR></TABLE>

eh, simply translation differences.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spider Man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shotokan Karate.
Not one of those mc dojo places either where they give out black belts like happy meals.. =P</TD></TR></TABLE>

how do you like it? ive always been interested in taking karate.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shinobijesus)

Hope im not too off topic here, but i know MMA followers should know what happened with the kimbo gannon rematch. I made a thread a while back and no one responded. Does anyone know if the rematch went down? Or what happened to either of them?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BolivianFuego)

I take a mixture of Kung Fu and Muay Thai with some JuJitsu.

They styles have sort of been incorporated into one style by my Sifu who has over 25 yrs experience. It's also totally combat oriented, thought not designed for the ring. There are only 2 of us in the class. We learn out of his basement.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shinobijesus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how do you like it? ive always been interested in taking karate.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's o.k. It's a good foundation, not the most effective in real life like muay thai or ju jitsu
Old 06-27-2005, 09:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Spider Man)

did anyone watch the pride total elimination? wanderlei silva owns.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Spider Man)

when I was younger, I got up to brown belt in Uechi Ryu Karate. Then I just kinda lost interest as I got older.
The style was more accomadating to me being over 6' when I was 12. It was like, take the blow, and redistribute it.

I will tell you though, there is definitely history behind this style. Not anyhting like the Napolean Dynamite stuff.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: (Balthazaar Ramrod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Balthazaar Ramrod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I take a mixture of Kung Fu and Muay Thai with some JuJitsu.

They styles have sort of been incorporated into one style by my Sifu who has over 25 yrs experience. It's also totally combat oriented, thought not designed for the ring. There are only 2 of us in the class. We learn out of his basement. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think those people who teach for the sake of teaching so the art doesn't die are great masters... my sifu is a full time accountant and does this on his spare time. i've been learning for free ever since 98. lots of studios are more money motivated now. it's pretty depressing when i walk by a martial art studio because i see black belts/sashes but they have weak foundations. can't even stance correctly... i get hit when i stand wrong.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (R.a.W.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R.a.W. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did anyone watch the pride total elimination? wanderlei silva owns.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How did you see if already? It is supposed to air on friday july 1st on pay-per-view. Or are you talking about a different one, i'm talking about the one that happend this weekend.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: (Jonesy69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonesy69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will tell you though, there is definitely history behind this style. Not anyhting like the Napolean Dynamite stuff. </TD></TR></TABLE>

rex-kwon-do!! that **** is hardcore.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_Racer_DRU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How did you see if already? It is supposed to air on friday july 1st on pay-per-view. Or are you talking about a different one, i'm talking about the one that happend this weekend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya i ment the first round. Im ordering the one this week though too. I already know the results though.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: (idriveadelsol7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by idriveadelsol7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think those people who teach for the sake of teaching so the art doesn't die are great masters... my sifu is a full time accountant and does this on his spare time. i've been learning for free ever since 98. lots of studios are more money motivated now. it's pretty depressing when i walk by a martial art studio because i see black belts/sashes but they have weak foundations. can't even stance correctly... i get hit when i stand wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I know what you mean.
My instructor teaches to teach. He has his own full time job and teaches for free. WE just charge fees to cover expenses such as rent for the facility.
Many places are "business" oriented. They area ll about money.
There is a guy at my local gym. I see his *** once in a while he gets in the aerobics room dons his full uniform and his "BROWN" belt and a laugh at his *** cause he flips all his moves. I can totally tell he "learns" from one of those commercialized places.
That guy can't punch or kick properly if his life depended on it.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (R.a.W.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R.a.W. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya i ment the first round. Im ordering the one this week though too. I already know the results though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya I already know the results too haha
Old 06-28-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: (Drag_Racer_DRU)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_Racer_DRU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya I already know the results too haha </TD></TR></TABLE>

me too, Aronawins , overeem wins, silva wins and shoguns wins.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Re: (KingJeff)

Old 06-28-2005, 07:06 AM

Taekwondo and Kung-Fu, for most of my life. I'd like to move on to something else. Any suggestions? A better ground game is what I'm shooting for.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical MMA thread (comma)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by comma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where do you get instruction from?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my trainer is named Yuki Horiuchi, an ex World champion with 33 years experience. His place is called Piston gym (piston muay thai academy) but it is run out of the world famous Westminster Boxing club
Old 06-28-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: (pogiTSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pogiTSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.jiu-jitsu.net/history.shtml</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear so much garbage about Gene Simco (owner of that site)
Old 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offical MMA thread (SwampThing)

I'm gonna start Full-Contact Kickboxing tomorrow. If anyone in NOVA knows a good gym that offers Muay Thai/BJJ, send me a PM!

My favorite MMA fighters are Wanderlei Silva and Genki Sudo...I love Silva's Clinch/Knees and I love Sudo's unconventional style.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_Racer_DRU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

CroCop is badass...Do you know hes going to fight Fedor??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official MMA thread (Mixed Martial Arts)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.