Official Home Improvement - Page 61 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Home Improvement

Old 11-20-2015, 06:54 AM
Bloody Beaver

Default Re: Official Home Improvement

Originally Posted by rota92 View Post
Mrs.Blue, is that you?!?!
Old 11-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Someone told me that I have this sink drain roughed in wrong. He said it should be like this...

Instead of how it is currently, see attached. I fail to see how it would make a difference.
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2015, 10:07 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Is the pipe in his picture threaded?
Old 11-20-2015, 10:15 AM
something gnarly

i can't find the difference....
Old 11-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Pipe up top is wider than the bottom pipe? That's the only issue I can see
Old 11-20-2015, 10:38 AM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by MidnightS14 View Post
Someone told me that I have this sink drain roughed in wrong. He said it should be like this...

Instead of how it is currently, see attached. I fail to see how it would make a difference.
usually the vertical stack does not line up with the sink because the stack fits better in X location and the sink fits better in Y location. You also don't want a horizontal run outside the wall because it will impede on vanity placement just be stupid to do when you have a wall open.

I'm not a plumber, but I'm close, I'm giving it an 80% chance it's fine and that the person who told you that has just never seen it done that way.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:42 AM
something gnarly

ohh, talking about the horizontal run. I've heard of a max length for that, but never a minimum.

I'd think ideally you'd want it how you have it to save on pipe (makes a difference in high rise residential but not here), but that probably doesn't happen often like sflkgjsfndgn said.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
Pipe up top is wider than the bottom pipe? That's the only issue I can see
That's the vent, so it doesn't really matter.

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
usually the vertical stack does not line up with the sink because the stack fits better in X location and the sink fits better in Y location. You also don't want a horizontal run outside the wall because it will impede on vanity placement just be stupid to do when you have a wall open.

I'm not a plumber, but I'm close, I'm giving it an 80% chance it's fine and that the person who told you that has just never seen it done that way.
I was thinking the same thing, he's never seen it that way. I found similar pics online searching "sink plumbing sanitary tee". Read the trap arm has to be min length of 2d, so 3" in my case. Should be easily achievable before the p-trap.

This weekend I being soldering supply lines.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:22 AM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by MidnightS14 View Post

This weekend I being soldering supply lines.
soldering? Pex it, copper is just a waste of time and money.

Not sure what you're tapping into, but if it's for a bath sink and you don't have low pressure, run 3/8th's pex back to the water heater for the hot. Hot water will come out in seconds. Bath sinks always take forever to spit out hot water since they are low flow and usually have to dispense the water in a 3/4" trunk line to the bathroom.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tapping into 1/2" copper. Wish that was an easy option, but unfortunately the hw heater is in a storage room attached to the house by a carport. The supply lines run under the carport slab, then come back up into the crawlspace.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Steve at Heart

Talk me out of this ladder.

Guy at work says they are fairly heavy to move around, I am more into the sale price and adaptability for different situations, plus I wont need multiples.

Looks like it only weighs 40lbs though.

Shop Werner 17-ft Aluminum 300-lb Telescoping Type Ia Multi-Position Ladder at Lowes.com

Werner 17 ft. Aluminum Telescoping Multi-Position Ladder with 300 lb. Load Capacity Type IA Duty Rating-MT-17 - The Home Depot

Old 11-27-2015, 08:28 PM
put title here

Going full potato on this home automation. Now I'm just playing around and learning about stuff so that next place will be legit.

Added SmartThings hub and front door lock.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:56 AM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
Talk me out of this ladder.

Guy at work says they are fairly heavy to move around, I am more into the sale price and adaptability for different situations, plus I wont need multiples.

Looks like it only weighs 40lbs though.

Shop Werner 17-ft Aluminum 300-lb Telescoping Type Ia Multi-Position Ladder at Lowes.com

Werner 17 ft. Aluminum Telescoping Multi-Position Ladder with 300 lb. Load Capacity Type IA Duty Rating-MT-17 - The Home Depot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePLdhPjlaog
I have the bigger version of that
I do not like it. It's too heavy for what it does, it's also a pain to extend to max length.

17ft is not very high. I'd rather have a normal extension ladder.

The thing its good for is working over a staircase as you can make one side short and one side long. Other than that, it looks more handy than it is.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Steve at Heart

OK, didn't realize until after that a normal ladder is about 22lbs. Going to take a look in the store this week and see whats up.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just purchased 42 four foot t8 LED bulbs for my garage. Garage is roughly 25'x40'. I literally have the worst garage lighting ever. However, that is about to change.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Bloody Beaver

Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
Just purchased 42 four foot t8 LED bulbs for my garage. Garage is roughly 25'x40'. I literally have the worst garage lighting ever. However, that is about to change.
I need to get on that. Will need sunglasses doe.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:10 PM
H-T White Ops

Holy ****!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by solbrothers View Post
led t8 technology isn't good enough yet for me to jump into. and prices are retarded

@skelly how much you pay per bulb? What wattage are teh bulb? lumens?
I paid 9.75 per bulb. I went with the recommendations of a dude on garage journal. See at The Best Light Fixture Ever! - The Garage Journal Board. First post.

Bulbs I purchased.
James Industry BT8P18W4FT 18 Watt 4 Foot LED Plug and Play Ballast Compatible T8 Linear Tube Lamp Plastic Housing

I referred someone at work at got $1,500 this month so i said *** it and got my garage redo moving.

Cant insulate the attic until I install lighting. Cant put down epoxy flooring down until I can see what the *** I'm doing.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by solbrothers View Post
led t8 technology isn't good enough yet for me to jump into. and prices are retarded

@skelly how much you pay per bulb? What wattage are teh bulb? lumens?
Eh, depends what you're current stuff is.

Not smart - have a garage full of t8's and replace them with led
Smart - have a garage with nothing or minimal lighting and install led instead of t8
Old 11-30-2015, 10:28 PM
aka DaZman69!

I paid 9.75 per bulb. I went with the recommendations of a dude on garage journal. See at The Best Light Fixture Ever! - The Garage Journal Board. First post.

Bulbs I purchased.
James Industry BT8P18W4FT 18 Watt 4 Foot LED Plug and Play Ballast Compatible T8 Linear Tube Lamp Plastic Housing

I referred someone at work at got $1,500 this month so i said *** it and got my garage redo moving.

Cant insulate the attic until I install lighting. Cant put down epoxy flooring down until I can see what the *** I'm doing.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:56 PM
H-T White Ops

In the grow lamp fixtures I use I have four 54 watt High Output T5 bulbs in each one and they're INSANELY bright. They'd easily outshine any T8 bulb out there. And they're pretty damn cheap too. You can get a pack of 15 for about $80 at Home Depot.
Philips 46 in. T5 54-Watt Cool White (4100K) High Output Linear Fluorescent Light Bulb (15-Pack)-414193 - The Home Depot
Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 PM
Steve at Heart

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
Eh, depends what you're current stuff is.

Not smart - have a garage full of t8's and replace them with led
Smart - have a garage with nothing or minimal lighting and install led instead of t8
This is where I am at with other things as well, might as well wait until the price drops or the bulbs go out.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:17 PM
They let me pick

Originally Posted by Frozen E View Post
In the grow lamp fixtures I use I have four 54 watt High Output T5 bulbs in each one and they're INSANELY bright. They'd easily outshine any T8 bulb out there. And they're pretty damn cheap too. You can get a pack of 15 for about $80 at Home Depot.
Philips 46 in. T5 54-Watt Cool White (4100K) High Output Linear Fluorescent Light Bulb (15-Pack)-414193 - The Home Depot
But do they start at below zero?
Old 11-30-2015, 11:21 PM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by mrdeadman View Post
But do they start at below zero?
Not sure. They fire up in the mid to low 20s.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:30 AM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by Frozen E View Post
what people are saying is that they emit too much light from a single source. Which is uncomfortable on the eyes. It's better to disperse the light with more and less powerful light fixtures.

T5ho is not ideal for low ceiling heights

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Home Improvement

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.