NYE destination suggestions....Decisions... - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

NYE destination suggestions....Decisions...

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYE destination suggestions....Decisions...

Old 12-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NYE destination suggestions....Decisions...

Originally Posted by vLad11591 View Post
So we decided to go to NOLA for NYE and after xmas.

It's going to be nuts im sure, but I'm wondering other than destroying your liver....Are there any cool tours/sites to see in New Orleans?
Oh no...am I expecting you? **** this heading back to Austin.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:19 AM
eight equals equals equals D

Unless it's tamed down, you should see lots of breasts during your visit.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ya'll forgetting....**** getting shut down early now. Like 1am early.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You messed up OP. Do NYE in Philly, pass out somewhere on the street for a few hours, wake up on New Years Day and party at the Mummers Parade.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tim2179 View Post
Unless it's tamed down, you should see lots of breasts during your visit.
I'm going with my GF but yea I hear strip clubs lure you in at 9 am

The hurricanes are what I was referring to. They look super sweet so maybe I'll have one or two on my visit before getting diabetes.

also can't wait to eat copious amounts of whatever food I can
Old 12-12-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by vLad11591 View Post
I'm going with my GF but yea I hear strip clubs lure you in at 9 am

The hurricanes are what I was referring to. They look super sweet so maybe I'll have one or two on my visit before getting diabetes.

also can't wait to eat copious amounts of whatever food I can
You don't have to be at a strip club. There were be women out in public flashing their breasts in exchange for beads. So stock up on cheap beaded necklaces before you go. Of course you wont have any trouble getting them once you arrive.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think for holidays they are probably extending hr's. Like for mardi gras and such.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Plot twist, no beads round here.... I'll do a champagne facial like slutwhisperer aka kirrill, and record it for the world to see.

so basically I should be looking forward to good cuisine, some historical tours revolving around spooky ****, booze, and tit$?

LESS GOO
Old 12-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Originally Posted by BeeResp0nsible View Post
You messed up OP. Do NYE in Philly, pass out somewhere on the street for a few hours, wake up on New Years Day and party at the Mummers Parade.
Let me know if you want to be in it, I know peeps.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Best NYE I've ever had was on Jost Van ****. Crazy, but good times.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:09 AM
footwork mastery

Must be old but the best NYE to me is a nice party inside or a friends house. Outside waiting for a ball to drop hell nah
Old 12-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NOLA will definitely be stupid packed on NYE!

IMO must do's for a tourist are Pat Obrien's for a Hurricane and great spot to day drink on the patio, Tropical Isle for a Hand Grenade, and Cafe Du Monde for Beignets. Eat some gumbo somewhere too.

Galactic is playing at Tipatina's on NYE, and there's tons of smaller jazz bars that are great off of Bourbon.

Pick up tickets to watch Georgia destroy Texas in the Sugar Bowl on the 1st if you're not too hungover.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MidnightS14 View Post
NOLA will definitely be stupid packed on NYE!

IMO must do's for a tourist are Pat Obrien's for a Hurricane and great spot to day drink on the patio, Tropical Isle for a Hand Grenade, and Cafe Du Monde for Beignets. Eat some gumbo somewhere too.

Galactic is playing at Tipatina's on NYE, and there's tons of smaller jazz bars that are great off of Bourbon.

Pick up tickets to watch Georgia destroy Texas in the Sugar Bowl on the 1st if you're not too hungover.
Thanks this was more so what I was looking for.... This place looks good for some oysters https://royalhouserestaurant.com/

Old 12-13-2018, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You know, watch out in Pat Obrien's, IIRC they charge you for the glass or some BS, you just have to remember to return it to get $$ back.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 09chaplak View Post
Let me know if you want to be in it, I know peeps.
You a fancy?
Old 12-14-2018, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BeeResp0nsible View Post
You a fancy?
We just went to Nola's in early October for the first time. The food was sooooooo damn good. I think we tried everything including rabbit stew for an app, pretty good to be honest. If I was in my 20's still I would have loved Bourbon St. I just can't hang anymore. I think we had more fun day drinking on Bourbon St and crashing around midnight. Oh and I threw my shoes away after the trip. Dirty *** place, but fun as hell!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ITR632 View Post
We just went to Nola's in early October for the first time. The food was sooooooo damn good. I think we tried everything including rabbit stew for an app, pretty good to be honest. If I was in my 20's still I would have loved Bourbon St. I just can't hang anymore. I think we had more fun day drinking on Bourbon St and crashing around midnight. Oh and I threw my shoes away after the trip. Dirty *** place, but fun as hell!
I hear there are some not so nice spots, but for the most part it's not too bad (as far as being dirty)

Either way my Air bnb is close enough to French quarters/uptown without being too close. Uber or the streetcar should be good to get us out of bad places at 1 am

Old 12-14-2018, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They try to clean up but it ain't helpin much
Old 01-11-2019, 08:55 AM

where's the update to this thread OP? Was NOLA lit or wat?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NOLA was fckn great. Food and drinks at every corner. I mean you can literally find an excuse to drink all the time. Doing the laundry? grab a drink. The dive bars are literally so cheap you could find spare change on the street and drink a miller high life. A drink and a shot was like 5$. The food was just as good as everyone said. Jumbalaya and Gumbo were great, and I had fried alligator which was interesting (chewy chicken)

We ended up staying 6 days, which I think was too long considering all we did is destroy our livers. Bourbon ST was ok but it smells like *** and it's super crowded. The drinks are way too sweet with the hurricanes and the hand grenades. We learned a lot from the locals about different places to go. Super nice people, Southern hospitality is really a thing. We ended up setting up a plan to bar hop each day in different parts of the town. We did Bourbon St, Garden district, Frenchman, Uptown, French Quarters, ended up doing a voodoo tour and a swamp tour to see some crocodiles on an air boat.

There are 24/7 bars that are cool because everything goes. People were railing lines off the bar, as well as the bartender at like 4 am. Also Tipitinas was cool because top clothing was optional

NYE was truly a blast. We ended up going to Jackson square (think times square but half the size) where we went to their version of the ball dropping, saw fireworks, bar hopped, and it was a lot more civil then what others were explaining. Tried to go to the sugar bowl but we were too hungover, and tickets were like 100$ in the nose bleeds at that point. All in all I would go again, and from the locals I have a long list of other bars and restaurants that we didn't go to.

Next place im going to is Montreal in the summer/spring
Old 01-11-2019, 11:02 AM
816d16 owes me money!

Man, Disneyland was awesome and we all had fun, but they had to cancel the big *** NYE fireworks they normally do because it got windy as ****!

Old 01-11-2019, 12:28 PM

Was in Hawaii this past NYE and it was cool in Honolulu. Only crappy thing is we were about the last people in earth to celebrate NYE due to the time change.

Next year we're looking into Australia since we have friends in Perth and Sydney. It'll be expensive, but should be cool for 2020.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.