Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nutritional facts

Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Help we my pennies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nutritional facts

I know im not the only one who cant UNDERSTAND the facts

if i product has it has 15g of fat, 6g of sat fat, where the other 11g of fat

if i product has it has 45g of carbs, 10g of suga, where the other 35g of fiber and complex sugar?

Old 01-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

question one... the other 11 grams of fat are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.. those are good fats abundant in nuts and avacados etc. Good for the heart and brain. These dont have to be listed on the facts labeled so when companies show these its like bragging

Question 2 the other 35 grams of carbs are sometimes labeled in the form of dietary fiber and other carbs. the other carbs are usually the starchy things in the ingredients labeled below that make up whatever it is your eating...
Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Help we my pennies

Default Re: (Slain)

who do we know its not trans fat?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe in 2006 it was mandated that if a product has trans fat in it.. that it must be shown in the nutri label.. another way to make sure if in the ingreidants you will see hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated that should be an alert..
Old 01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Help we my pennies

Default Re: (BLUE EH3)

bump
Old 02-01-2007, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe in 2006 it was mandated that if a product has trans fat in it.. that it must be shown in the nutri label.. another way to make sure if in the ingreidants you will see hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated that should be an alert..</TD></TR></TABLE>

True companies MUST list trans fat on there label unless its under 0.5 grams. The best way like stated is look for hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated oil. If it has that just put it back on the shelf.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboEM1)

sometimes i dont even go to your threads you've made cuz of your horrible english.

fat isn't always bad. if its mono/poly unstaturated fats, then your good to go. if its trans for saturated fat then dont bother its just horrible fat.

only difference in unsturated fat is that glucose is attached to the starch in the fats. saturated fats dont have the glucose. and its horrible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.