Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Virus!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Cigarette Squad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Virus!

Okay well Friday i downloaded a program for my iPhone of a warez website. Yeah go fiqure... Well now i can't goto more then 75% of websites..like its strange...it will only goto a few websites. All my internet settings look good and i ran (Spyware Doctor, Ad-Ware, C-Clean and some others) And nothing is working. I unistalled Firefox and still nothing. Called Geek Squad and the just said run C-Clean and that should fix it but nope!

Any help! I really don't want to do a full restore, and cant do a System Restore either, it deleted the past parts it seems as well...

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2008, 03:37 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Need help with Virus! (mcgee*)

lets see idiot goes to warez site, idiot gets infected, idiot does not want to do a restore to a point in time where machine was not infected............

wipte the phone out and start over......
Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

reformat computer...
Old 05-26-2008, 10:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (mcgee*)

lol format is the way to go then and next time don't screw around with stolen software
Old 05-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Cigarette Squad

Default Re: Need help with Virus! (mcgee*)

haha btw wasnt trying to being an *** either, and the software isnt stolen, its a 3rd party app and google said it was hosted there and was to lazy to look in the iphone app server but anywayssssssss okay so u say format? will that erase everything it set it back to normal and just leave windows on? or dump everything? if it will set it back normal then i can do that.

(my cd-rom is not being located thats why i cant just boot from cd, and toshibia will charge me 35$ to help me on the phone

if not maybe u can help me with this...

i bought a 8gb flash drive, and want to put the system recovery files on it and boot from the flash drive, ive looked everywhere and everything just talked about having windows on the flash drive, i just wanna put the system recovery cd on there and boot...my computer allows boot from usb just it wouldnt.. i tried different methods but nothing is working

also i dont care if i lose everything i just want this fixed, also is there anyway to tell if the cd rom is even working it lights up when i put the button but anything besides that? i deleted the regedit thing that microsoft suggested as well, but didnt work

Modified by mcgee* at 1:32 AM 5/27/2008

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.