Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with my mom.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: Need Help with my mom.

Wow I'm sorry. I'm not too sure I can provide much insight though.

There are several types of Dementia and Alzheimers is one of them. I only know of my father's case (Alzheimers) and it sounds very different. You're able to see the decline over a period of time vs. your mom having a sudden episode(s). Could be a bi-polar thing as others have said. Has she had issues in the past? Has she recently taken some type of medication that may be negatively affecting her?
Old 06-12-2019, 08:34 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Wow I'm sorry. I'm not too sure I can provide much insight though.

There are several types of Dementia and Alzheimers is one of them. I only know of my father's case (Alzheimers) and it sounds very different. You're able to see the decline over a period of time vs. your mom having a sudden episode(s). Could be a bi-polar thing as others have said. Has she had issues in the past? Has she recently taken some type of medication that may be negatively affecting her?
She always had anger issues. But I mean she had a tough childhood and we've struggled together, so I could understand. But these recent episodes are getting more and more frequent and more intense.

She travelled to Mexico and saw a doctor there who prescribed her some medication.

It's to remove water from your system. She's gaining weight.
But honestly she's retired now and mostly sits and browses facebook. And has a very healthy appetite.

I can't change what's been done. The money could have had a huge positive impact on my life.
I just hope she can receive treatment.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

She needs to go see a psych to talk about her anger issues, if she thinks she's losing money than she might be having memory issues and isn't keeping track.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Other than the anger issues has she had any history of mental health issues in the past? Pulling for you my dude, hope you guys can overcome this.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Well, just the memory and bipolar but, it's not official diagnosed. Just things I picked up on.
You guys seen the movie precious where her mom is very violent but can compose herself in front of others.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, but in real life.... she needs to see someone and you need to be there to explain what you've seen. If things get out of hand and she starts to verbally assault someone, or worst assault someone, the police will have to get involved and you'll have to tell them whats going on so that they force her to see a doctor and get evaluated. From there you'll be identified as her caregiver, its not legit like a 'legal guardian' but it identifies that you'll be responsible for her well being.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
Well, just the memory and bipolar but, it's not official diagnosed. Just things I picked up on.
You guys seen the movie precious where her mom is very violent but can compose herself in front of others.
Bi-polar is something that needs to be diagnosed by a doctor. Have you ever seen her in a "manic" phase? If so, what are the attributes? Has she ever suffered severe depression? If so, when did it happen and for how long? Also, was it something acute or something that has been present for years? We cannot just "pick up" on things and label it. These types of illnesses need to be diagnosed and treated accordingly.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:09 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Really sucks. I mean I understand if they see her and she's okay they can't give her care. But I'm the only one who witness's these events.
And she has friends that all support and believe her.
Also, she's lost money before. Accussed me of it. Found it, but didn't apologize.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Video record the lashing out, show to her friends and make them understand you need their support for this. You'll need multiple videos and not just one. Another thing is she could just be getting old with memory lost and finding something that she forgot where she left it is just part of aging. Therefore she lashes out.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:23 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Originally Posted by mozzandherb View Post
Bi-polar is something that needs to be diagnosed by a doctor. Have you ever seen her in a "manic" phase? If so, what are the attributes? Has she ever suffered severe depression? If so, when did it happen and for how long? Also, was it something acute or something that has been present for years? We cannot just "pick up" on things and label it. These types of illnesses need to be diagnosed and treated accordingly.
Yea, she has severe manic episodes.
She has suffered severe depression. Our dad left us for another woman and left us without anything(who knows how true this is now) My brother was murdered 2007 and I noticed she became a huge hoarder. Filling our small home with stuff. Three toasters, 4 heaters, dvd players, etc etc. At the same time though, I feel she is partially responsible for his demise as she raised him to be full of hatred and anger.
She told my dad that she would make us hate him and make us suffer to spite him.
I witnessed this around age 14 is when I began to matrure and realize it.
Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
Video record the lashing out, show to her friends and make them understand you need their support for this. You'll need multiple videos and not just one. Another thing is she could just be getting old with memory lost and finding something that she forgot where she left it is just part of aging. Therefore she lashes out.
I understand the memory part and lashing out. But the hoarding money, being taken advantage of by her family bothers me.
I don't know how relevant that is
Old 06-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This topic isn't about her money hoarding ways and her sending money back to the fam in need. Its about her health.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:39 AM
GLD's Expert

Sorry to hear this man.

I think your main priority should be yourself. Go out and find a place that can offer you resources and support how to handle it. You can PM me if you want. I used to work in a similar field.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My mother was diagnosed with dementia at 65. We tried having a nurse visit her at home, multiple combinations of medicine, moving her into an apt closer to me and my siblings, and finally it go so bad that the doctor recommended long term care. She is in a facility now for people with dementia, but it was a long, hard, stressful, road getting to that point. Good luck man.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:11 PM
KILLAB17VTEC

I spoke with a friend of hers(a friend I trust) and we're going to try to get her to drop the restraining order. This way I can stay and get her help.
If that happens, I can stay, devote more resources to helping her and in the meantime move out slowly.

Plan B She puts the restraining order and I fight to become her caregiver.

Plan C She puts the restrainng order, I move out and still manage to get her some care.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:29 PM
GLD's Expert

How long does this restraining order last? From what I know the shorter they are, the easier they are to get.

I think you're going to need help with mediation. I wouldn't do it by yourself. I would get professional help. A lot of times it's cheaper then you think. Sometimes it's free.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:04 PM
KILLAB17VTEC

Not sure on the restraining order.
I don't believe she'll file it. Bluffing,
She's done things like it in the past.
And if I have to leave she can't cover monthly expenses.
But her friend is the one pushing all this on her by what I'm seeing
Old 06-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I spoke with a friend of hers(a friend I trust) and we're going to try to get her to drop the restraining order. This way I can stay and get her help.
If that happens, I can stay, devote more resources to helping her and in the meantime move out slowly.

Plan B She puts the restraining order and I fight to become her caregiver.

Plan C She puts the restrainng order, I move out and still manage to get her some care.
its best you move into another trailer, privacy is a plus. give her back the key and move on.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:14 PM
KILLAB17VTEC

its best you move into another trailer, privacy is a plus. give her back the key and move on.
Not going to move into another trailer.
I was served the restraining order. I have to stay 100 yards from her till the hearing.
I guess I only have the hearing to decide what happens.

Currently staying at her friends place. Go figure.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:03 PM
#stillneedsadiaper

Sayin
Old 06-13-2019, 01:16 PM
KILLAB17VTEC

Working on renting a home or something. Somewhere I can fit more machines and such.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:49 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Not going to move into another trailer.
I was served the restraining order. I have to stay 100 yards from her till the hearing.
I guess I only have the hearing to decide what happens.

Currently staying at her friends place. Go figure.
seems like she has made up her mind and don't really want any of your help. I think she is being coerced by her so-called friend. If it was me, I would just back off and let her be. It's tough helping someone that doesn't want it.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:52 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Originally Posted by NVturbo View Post
seems like she has made up her mind and don't really want any of your help. I think she is being coerced by her so-called friend. If it was me, I would just back off and let her be. It's tough helping someone that doesn't want it.
Yea, I know. But I know she's going to move to Mexico and when she has no more money, she's going to come back to me, if she's not dead.
My grandmother was there. And she was about 100 (eligible for medicare), 7 brothers/sisters and my mom is sending money each month for her care.
Her brother built her a home there. A damn shack for 50k. I spoke with a friend, and tthey told me 50k buys you a mansion over there.
I saw the receipts and they're written by a hand.
A company that sells construction material can't print out an invoice. A cement sack costs $750.00. I didn't want to believe. But even converted from pesos to usd, it's still too much. And the total amounts spent and dates all match dates and amounts she has acussed me of stealing in the past. So it is without a doubt usd. And without a doubt they are taking advantage of her.

Anyways. I filled out a dv-110(response to restraining order) and will be filing it next week. I feel very good about my case.

I heard she's gathering letters from friends to corroborate that I am violent or something.
However, I know those won't mean anything in the hearing.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This topic isn't about her money hoarding ways and her sending money back to the fam in need. Its about her health.

Mom tired of supporting acmoc

acmoc finds out shes been giving money to people who isnt him

acmoc trying to find ways of putting her in a home as revenge.

Hes posted about doing fucked up stuff to his neighbors. So its possible
Old 06-16-2019, 08:58 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

That's fine
Yours and their minds are too weak to grasp.
It's not me they won't believe.
It's the idea that someone raised in a situation I was could not be what they perceive me to be.
It creates an internal conflict in them. Rather than submit to the realization that they themselves are corrupted and what is wrong with society.
They reject it and place an alternate reality there that their brain can accept.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
Cant abandon my mom. Ever.
X's 2.

I can't imagine life without my parents. I see them weekly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.