Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with my mom.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:41 PM
KILLAB17VTEC

Default Need Help with my mom.

Please, this thread is not for trolling, Everything here on is 100% serious.

Friday June 7 my mom was displaying extremely erratic behaviour.
She was accussing me of stealing money from her.
I made an appt. to see the crisis center in our area.
Which she later declined to go to.
I called and changed the appt. to Monday.

Monday she dissapears. I am extremely worried. She won't answer my phone calls. I Go to her friends house( The only friend of hers I trust) She's not there.
She agreed to attend the mental health facility if she could bring a friend( to prove she was not crazy).
Finally she answers and she's already there. So I drive over and attend the counselling. But they clear her. The friend she brought is no one I have ever seen in my entire life and I suspect very strongly my mom is paying her.
The doctor says she is depressed and advises her to seek treatment. But at this stage she has to make the decision herself.

Tuesday. I find on her cell phone where the stolen money is going that she is accussing me of. She is sending it to family in Mexico.
And something is happening that she forgets and then accusses me of theft.
I show her the proof I have from her cell phone of the money she "lost". She loses it. What she does next really scared me.
She hits herself twice and throws herself on the ground, yells " You hit me".
I was recording the incident but she took the phone from me before she did this.I call the police.
(I just checked the clip and it wasn't captured.)
Police make us stay at separate places. This is where it gets weirder. Her personality changes. She stays at a Hotel and says. " He'll stay here because he has no where to go." The police see this and they look puzzled how her behaviour changes so fast.
Now she keeps coming back for pieces of clothing etc. I have the door locked but I let her in. She comes back third and last time.
with police.
I realize at this moment what she is looking for. My cell phone with the video footage and proof of missing money not being stolen by me. Her "friend" is with her and they're both searching for it.
I make copies and give to a friend to hold one.

Cops leave but this time tell me that I'm going to be have a restraining order placed on me and will have to move.

I just wanted to help her.
I don't know why I'm posting this here, but I hope to receive at least some good advice.

I hope Shamoo can come in here. I think he has a relative with dementia, and I believe my mom has this too. She was telling people she was pregnant for a while and acussing me of poisoning her.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:01 AM
#stillneedsadiaper

Default Re: Need Help with my mom.

Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
Please, this thread is not for trolling, Everything here on is 100% serious.

Friday June 7 my mom was displaying extremely erratic behaviour.
She was accussing me of stealing money from her.
I made an appt. to see the crisis center in our area.
Which she later declined to go to.
I called and changed the appt. to Monday.

Monday she dissapears. I am extremely worried. She won't answer my phone calls. I Go to her friends house( The only friend of hers I trust) She's not there.
She agreed to attend the mental health facility if she could bring a friend( to prove she was not crazy).
Finally she answers and she's already there. So I drive over and attend the counselling. But they clear her. The friend she brought is no one I have ever seen in my entire life and I suspect very strongly my mom is paying her.
The doctor says she is depressed and advises her to seek treatment. But at this stage she has to make the decision herself.

Tuesday. I find on her cell phone where the stolen money is going that she is accussing me of. She is sending it to family in Mexico.
And something is happening that she forgets and then accusses me of theft.
I show her the proof I have from her cell phone of the money she "lost". She loses it. What she does next really scared me.
She hits herself twice and throws herself on the ground, yells " You hit me".
I was recording the incident but she took the phone from me before she did this.I call the police.
(I just checked the clip and it wasn't captured.)
Police make us stay at separate places. This is where it gets weirder. Her personality changes. She stays at a Hotel and says. " He'll stay here because he has no where to go." The police see this and they look puzzled how her behaviour changes so fast.
Now she keeps coming back for pieces of clothing etc. I have the door locked but I let her in. She comes back third and last time.
with police.
I realize at this moment what she is looking for. My cell phone with the video footage and proof of missing money not being stolen by me. Her "friend" is with her and they're both searching for it.
I make copies and give to a friend to hold one.

Cops leave but this time tell me that I'm going to be have a restraining order placed on me and will have to move.

I just wanted to help her.
I don't know why I'm posting this here, but I hope to receive at least some good advice.

I hope Shamoo can come in here. I think he has a relative with dementia, and I believe my mom has this too. She was telling people she was pregnant for a while and acussing me of poisoning her.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:55 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

I have emergency funds for a place to stay. And I have an idea of what to do in terms of living situation. My main concern is my moms health.
I do not believe she will follow through with the restraining order because I am the one covering the majority of the living expenses and caring for her. So of I am forced to move out she will end up homeless.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:55 AM
#stillneedsadiaper

I have emergency funds for a place to stay. And I have an idea of what to do in terms of living situation. My main concern is my moms health.
I do not believe she will follow through with the restraining order because I am the one covering the majority of the living expenses and caring for her. So of I am forced to move out she will end up homeless.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:19 AM
that's no moon

What kind of help are you looking for exactly?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like Bi-Polar to me. I have a couple relatives that have this. Watching some of they stuff they post about each other publicly on Facebook. Back and forth calling each other trash etc. Then 4hrs later I love this person yada yada.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Shes sending money to family in mexico, so what is that family doing to help? Other family close by?
Old 06-12-2019, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very sad story.

You didn't mention her age????

I'd try and get her to show at a regular physicians office for 2 reasons...

1 - Observations / documention
2 - There might be something physically wrong which is causing the other problems.

Best of luck to you both.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:25 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Don't hospitals do a 24 hour psych eval?
Old 06-12-2019, 03:40 AM
that's no moon

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
Depends on if they get 502d or what not. This sounds like a voluntary commitment.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:16 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Dude take her to see a doctor.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:18 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

there are adult welfare workers

you can just google your area + adult welfare and they can come right to your house to check on her
Old 06-12-2019, 04:23 AM
Bloody Beaver

Originally Posted by CAN97SH View Post
Um no.

time to cut the cord acmoc. Get as far away from her as possible. Might sting a bit but will be the best thing for you. I have seen through your “idiot act” you put on here and I think you’re at least smart enough to know that your future is much better off away from people like that even if it’s your mom.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:32 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post
Um no.

time to cut the cord acmoc. Get as far away from her as possible. Might sting a bit but will be the best thing for you. I have seen through your “idiot act” you put on here and I think you’re at least smart enough to know that your future is much better off away from people like that even if it’s your mom.
That's fucked that you'd consider ditching your own mom. If she has physical or mental health issues she needs help.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How old is she? I deal w dementia and other metal disorders daily. It can be scary at times.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:53 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
What kind of help are you looking for exactly?
Some kind of mental health
Originally Posted by LightningTeg View Post
Shes sending money to family in mexico, so what is that family doing to help? Other family close by?
Nothing, and no other family close by.
Originally Posted by 7PSI CRX View Post
Very sad story.

You didn't mention her age????

I'd try and get her to show at a regular physicians office for 2 reasons...

1 - Observations / documention
2 - There might be something physically wrong which is causing the other problems.

Best of luck to you both.
Sh's 65, and at the moment this is something she has to do herself

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
Originally Posted by 020 View Post
Depends on if they get 502d or what not. This sounds like a voluntary commitment.
It has to be voluntary at this point.

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
there are adult welfare workers

you can just google your area + adult welfare and they can come right to your house to check on her
Thank you, I had no idea about this. Sounds like my best option.

Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post
Um no.

That's fucked that you'd consider ditching your own mom. If she has physical or mental health issues she needs help.
Beaver is right, time to move on. What I sowed her on my cell phone( That triggered the event). Shows this has been going on for a long time. She has been collecting money from child support and money from my social security and sending it to Mexico.
None of that money has ever been used for her children.
I know now she does not care for me as I thought she did. And there's no point staying. I'm going to move on and I will help her from a distance.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:55 AM
I like to party

Good luck Acmoc
Old 06-12-2019, 06:58 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Cant abandon my mom. Ever.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:07 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Originally Posted by JDMdoode View Post
How old is she? I deal w dementia and other metal disorders daily. It can be scary at times.
I hope actually it is dementia. Because it's been very tough for me to accept that this whole time we've struggled to get by. She's been hoarding money like that and sending to Mexico.

Last edited by acmoc; 06-12-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Prairie Dog Breeder

Sounds like dementia or something along those lines to me - I would be cautious about leaving her alone as her actions are unpredictable.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:39 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Yea, something is not right.
I reached out to adult welfare and they will be sending someone to do an unanounced home visit/evaluation.
They say this is best because she will never fall into a 5150 category otherwise.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

Probably not bi-polar as these signs would have shown up before the age of 65 (same as various other mental illnesses), but I'm not a doctor, but a doctor or social worker is someone you need to talk to asap. Could be Alzheimer's or some form of dementia.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If she has meds or has been given meds make sure she takes them, that is the 1st critical step.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Yea, something is not right.
I reached out to adult welfare and they will be sending someone to do an unanounced home visit/evaluation.
They say this is best because she will never fall into a 5150 category otherwise.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This sounds a lot like what I had gone through many years ago when I was in my last years of college. My mom had similar delusions and paranoia. Unfortunately with everything I went through similar to what you are going through, I had to eventually cut off contact after 4 years of trying and suffering with her to get her the help she needs. In Wisconsin you cant force anyone to get help unless they are a threat to themselves or others. After multiple arrests and in and out of mental health hospital she still has never got a working treatment, and I never got any answer from the doctors due to their patient codes and HIPAA. They had hinted at Schizophrenia, but delusions, paranoia and forgetfulness can happen with plenty of illnesses at that age. Wish the best of luck to you as it is a very rough road ahead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.