Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTV Hires Sheila Nevins

Old 05-09-2019, 07:29 AM

Default MTV Hires Sheila Nevins

MTV is all about youth and pop culture, which is why it is especially notable that as the channel starts a documentary division, it has hired 80-year-old Sheila Nevins to run it.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/no...ns-1202131764/

I never grew up with MTV because we were poor, no cable TV. However, was a big fan of the channel.

I've said MTV sucks for decades because there are no music videos on MTV, which goes against what the channel is about, until I read something about it's business model.

MTV grew up with me. The content and shows are aim straight at the core audiences, as they age. MTV is all I need. I get it now.

I'll wait when MTV takes over 60 Minutes from CBS. Perhaps bid for the Superbowl next?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Swaggylicious

Default Re: MTV Hires Sheila Nevins

MTV is still around?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

MTV has grown just like you said, I do wish they brought back music videos but they needed more viewers and what better way to do that? Create tv series, documentaries, talk about real life situations just to reach out to the next generation, and the next after that.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Nu Sigma Alpha

Old 05-09-2019, 07:53 AM
I'm really 2slow

Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
MTV is still around?
hahaha! same thing I thought about this thread title. MTV started to suck around 2004-2005.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
I like to party

There was a time in my life where the TV would be on in the background all day and MTV was just playing.

But that was a couple decades ago. MTV certainly didn't 'grow up with me', I could give two ***** about Teen Moms or the Kardashians.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:04 AM
rookn00b

She looks great for an 80 year old
Old 05-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
IF that photo is current, damn yes she does! Would!!

But really, if they brought back True Life and other great shows, I may watch.

Had my youngest SIL over recently(16) and she was watching some show where you get to tattoo your ex.............
Old 05-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

This and TFATF are what sucked me into car culture

Old 05-09-2019, 08:25 AM
eight equals equals equals D

I think she must have a good plastic surgeon because looking up pics from 20 years ago she looks worse
Old 05-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
MTV has grown just like you said, I do wish they brought back music videos but they needed more viewers and what better way to do that? Create tv series, documentaries, talk about real life situations just to reach out to the next generation, and the next after that.
I wish that too, but then when you take a step back, music sucks today, so it's only right that music videos also generate less interest.

I blame technology for this. There was a time Artist were told what to do. The Record company have total control, and why? Because they know what type of music sells, current trends, and marketing creations.

Musicians are often a different breed. They like to do their own thing. Free to sing what they want and with whom they want to. Promote and control their own music downloads. Often times, that does not sell, and isn't that the bottom line? Money?

Stefani Germanotta does not sell. Lady Gaga does sell when you add the meat skin suit.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:34 PM

Anyone here use MS Outlook? You can put a small picture of yourself, no? How many times you received an email from someone you know and said to yourself "that's not how you look like now." That pic looks like it came from the 1990s, or scanned from film prints.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.