Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mosque Shooting in New Zealand

Old 03-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mosque Shooting in New Zealand

Yeah man. It's harder and harder to stomach videos and images as I get older. Will not be watching that ****. **** that guy. Hope he rots in Jahannam.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 PM
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S

******* awful, RIP Kiwi brothers & sisters
Old 03-14-2019, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Vid of the main suspect being captured

Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 AM
Arriving somewhere but not here

**** this guy.

One of the gun nuts at work brought up the livestream video of the shooting while it was ongoing and the shooter was on the run, he threw some anti muslim comments as he watched people being mowed down. Told him what a complete sack of **** he was; it was disgusting. Left work on the spot, went to the bar. Just got home after a few hours. NZ has always seemed distant than this kind of ****, guess not.

One guy at work was next door to this, his hotel is now cordoned off. I was helping someone get down to that same hotel today but our we are on hold for the minute while this goes on, no point rushing into a city in crisis.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
You are correct, I'm way done with that ****. We used to watch faces of death on VHS back in the day, and I've seen some wild **** in my time. Enough honestly.

I don't even like watching people bail hard on skateboards anymore.
Yep Nope. I dont find any entertainment in watching people suffer.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:06 AM
Oracle of GDD

4 people in custody. That's a terror cell.

No surprise OP disappeared.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:12 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

I like the fact that there was no delay in calling it terror
Old 03-15-2019, 04:23 AM
Grandpa

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
It will be interesting to see how the government reacts to this. I'm guessing there will be something beyond thoughts and prayers.
Provided they have the confidence of the Governor General, the government have a wide range of powers at their disposal.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:25 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
Where? Here?

Or did Trumplandia jump to Allahu Akbar off the bat?
Old 03-15-2019, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
I read up on their gun laws, they are pretty interesting that's for sure. And you're right, the way they have reacted to past gun events leads me to believe there are about to be sweeping changes made.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Zealand

Thank God for our constitution.
To summarize NZ, you have free access to most non-automatic long arms, restricted mag capacity is usually 5 bullets. There are no pistols unless by special licence which is hard to get, forget carrying, you can't own them for the most part period.

Silencers are legal, semi auto centrefires of all types are fine but it's a 5 shots you're out deal, semi auto shotguns. It's a hunting country, most of the island is bushland with a large pest problem. It's very rural, people like me have grown up around longarms and know how to use them. I have a feeling that will change moving forward, not sure how it will be implemented but I see changes coming from this. To have a crowd mowing gun you don't need much to convert it, I have no issues registering firearms, I'm accountable for the location and use of mine at all times. In a safe, in a locked room, trigger lock, firing pins and bolts in a separate safe, ammo in a separate lockbox from that again and it's all through bolted to the floor; it's not like it's an easy score or I can whip it out at any second quickly.

I think previously it was all about making things deliberate, so there was no lack of accountability for any action. Knowing actions like this are a thing in modern NZ/society it might be a shift towards restricting the damage potential of anyone intending to action. Which is sad.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:30 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by 328FTW View Post
NZ has always seemed distant [from] this kind of [terror], guess not..
The kind of society that New Zealand is, it has attracted and embraced more than its fair share of refugees and immigrants.

The shooter is a fan of Donald Trump and sees him as a symbol of “white identity” [sic] even if he does not like 100%l of Trump’s policies.

The combination of Trump fear mongering racist rhetoric with a predominantly white, non-religious culture that sees itself changing quickly is going to bring people like the shooter out into the open.

Without this combination of circumstances, we might never have heard of this man.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:32 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

Where? Here?

Or did Trumplandia jump to Allahu Akbar off the bat?
I mean in the NZ news links I've seen
Old 03-15-2019, 04:36 AM
Cole Trickle

4 people in custody. That's a terror cell.

No surprise OP disappeared.
Wow.

Appalling.

Truth is still a thing.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:40 AM
Cole Trickle

Holy ****.

AT LEAST 49 killed.

Far-right white terrorism acts up again.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post

The kind of society that New Zealand is, it has attracted and embraced more than its fair share of refugees and immigrants.

The shooter is a fan of Donald Trump and sees him as a symbol of “white identity” [sic] even if he does not like 100%l of Trump’s policies.

The combination of Trump fear mongering racist rhetoric with a predominantly white, non-religious culture that sees itself changing quickly is going to bring people like the shooter out into the open.

Without this combination of circumstances, we might never have heard of this man.
Correct, NZ is a very trusting country. It is by all accounts "soft", which isn't a bad thing, it's rather nice in a world so committed to the narrative of everything evil.

However that does make it a target for someone like this, he sought to make a drama, states it even. To make "political waves", not to actually fix a problem (by his own definition) by his lonesome, a call to arms for a perceived movement? Maybe hopes to wake this white army he perhaps believes in and ready to act on making his vision true. Reality being those he seeks to wake are more likely disgusted by him. Who knows, guess as the trials go forth we'll get a window into this guy's distorted world view over the course of months.

I mean in the NZ news links I've seen
Long as it isn't "stuff.co.nz", basement level reporting from them 99% of the time.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No he isn't, stop politicizing this to try and score points for your side, you scumbag.
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Holy ****.

AT LEAST 49 killed.

Far-right white terrorism acts up again.
This is a new level. Usually these types of attackers are lone wolves. This was a sophisticated operation.

Where is Rico?
Old 03-15-2019, 04:46 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by 328FTW View Post
To summarize NZ, you have free access to most non-automatic long arms, restricted mag capacity is usually 5 bullets. There are no pistols unless by special licence which is hard to get, forget carrying, you can't own them for the most part period.

Silencers are legal, semi auto centrefires of all types are fine but it's a 5 shots you're out deal, semi auto shotguns. It's a hunting country, most of the island is bushland with a large pest problem. It's very rural, people like me have grown up around longarms and know how to use them. I have a feeling that will change moving forward, not sure how it will be implemented but I see changes coming from this. To have a crowd mowing gun you don't need much to convert it, I have no issues registering firearms, I'm accountable for the location and use of mine at all times. In a safe, in a locked room, trigger lock, firing pins and bolts in a separate safe, ammo in a separate lockbox from that again and it's all through bolted to the floor; it's not like it's an easy score or I can whip it out at any second quickly.

I think previously it was all about making things deliberate, so there was no lack of accountability for any action. Knowing actions like this are a thing in modern NZ/society it might be a shift towards restricting the damage potential of anyone intending to action. Which is sad.
What you left out of your summary is that the typical citizen will tend to trust his country’s authority.

Here in the US we do not so much trust our government.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:46 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by FrreeeBird View Post
No he isn't, stop politicizing this to try and score points for your side, you scumbag.
Maybe just stay out of this thread, you scumbag.

You know you only posted this so you could claim false flag, whoops. **** off. Go eat a stick of butter or something.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:49 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jfc

Old 03-15-2019, 04:55 AM

What you left out of your summary is that the typical citizen will tend to trust his country’s authority.

Here in the US we do not so much trust our government.
We're of english decent and law you know that right? That's pretty much a given.

Even our right here would be center bias far as US standards go. I don't trust authority as a rule myself, be that police, government or any over riding figure including employment. But I understand the general way of NZ is accepting, very easy statement to make about most things regarding us. Immigration, government, corporations etc. I do struggle with some conversations at work when people are so accepting of rules that don't make sense but "rules are rules", I like a bit of justification behind meaningless crap but that's often not provided. It's much easier to just do as told for the most part rather than provide a pushback.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude white supremacist shoots up a Mosque. Its not the first time. The shooter made it political.....
Old 03-15-2019, 04:56 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
Actual trash. The 'conservative' right are the most radicalized of any group around the world by a large margin.

He said he isn't a fan of the man himself but appreciates his nationalist/white supremacist actions. This guy is on your side.

He probably would've donated to him if he lived on this side of the Pacific, like some other posters ITT.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The nation with the closest political and social values to my own is the People's Republic of China."

Keep trying to pin this on Trump and other figures on the right though, you morons.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 AM
Pork is NOT a verb!

welp.

In before false flag allegations.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mosque Shooting in New Zealand

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.