Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death

Old 11-12-2003, 08:05 AM

Default Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death

I did a search and couldnt find anything else...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/ne..._heir

I want to know how he gets away with this? I guess money means alot!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:06 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (mikeSONICGSR)

I saw that on the news yesterday. Some seriously twisted and fucked up ****
Old 11-12-2003, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (ReBornGSR)

Money can buy happiness, it can also buy freedom.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (ReBornGSR)

Crazy **** always happens in Texas.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:12 AM
space cadet

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (sparq)

that is some BS! your telling me that in sometime frame of chopping up the bodies he never thought that it was wrong or that he had enough proof to show it was defense. i dont buy it.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:13 AM

So wait... a rich guy got his way in Texas?

The worst part is that he probably did in his wife too, but with money comes power. I'm sure everyone is afraid to push it. The result, we have a dangerous person out on the streets because he happened to be born in to money.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Re:

he will probably become the next president of the US...
Old 11-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

he'll get his I am a firm beliver in Karma
Old 11-12-2003, 08:35 AM

what exactly were the jurors thinking?? i cant believe they came back innocent.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (dragnize)

im willing to bet the jurrors were paid VERY well.
dont ever kill someone accidentally, then CHOP THE BODY UP!!!!!
it could bury you.
unless youre a millionaire.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (Agent#1-step-Ahead-of-You)

i bet this sick bastard did his wife in too.. what is this world coming to? oh wait, it was in texas..
Old 11-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The best justice money can buy.

I bet the prosecutor feels like an ***-hat.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:59 AM
95 Gizzer

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (Ehron)

Durst, who has been estranged from his family since the early 1990s, remains under suspicion in the 1982 disappearance of his first wife and the 2000 shooting death of her friend Susan Berman, a Los Angeles writer who was set to be questioned about the missing woman. He has not been charged in either case.

Durst testified that he panicked and feared police would not believe his story, so he used two saws and an ax to cut up the body and threw the pieces into Galveston Bay. The victim's head has never been found.

I was LMAO when I was reading this....it just seems like such a ludicrous coverup. I can't possible believe he was found innocent.

Old 11-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Down Since Day 1

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (sparq)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sparq &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Money can buy happiness, it can also buy freedom.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Money cant buy happiness, but its a damn good down payment" - Denzel Washington
Old 11-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (allmtrSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allmtrSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> oh wait, it was in texas.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

:middlefinger:
Old 11-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Banned

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (1 point 6)

You guys need to do some more research or jumping straight to conclusion the juror is bought or rich people can get away with murder, blah blah.

To prevent myself from committing same mistake as too many of you (speaking of what I don't know), I will only state what I do know:

1) The prosecutors decided not to prosecute Durst on a lesser charge (manslaughter, 2nd degree murder, etc), but only charge him with one count of 1st degree murder.

2) It's always very hard to convict someone with 1st degree murder. The prosecution must prove the motive and be able to provide evidence which leads the jury to conclude that beyond all reasonable doubt the accused is guilty, in other words they can not convict the accused if they are not sure. This is the main reason Durst was found not guilty.

3) The defense attorney's argument is whatever happened after a man dies does not change the fact how he died. Therefore chopping up his friend's body and burying the parts will not be considered at all because it does not affect whether Durst "murdered" or "accidentally shot" the guy.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (dragnize)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragnize &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what exactly were the jurors thinking?? i cant believe they came back innocent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet they, or at least one or more were thinking, "hey, someone approached me with alot of money to say this guy is innocent, hell, why not".

When I first heard this on the news last night they made it sound like he was innocent. Then as the story wraps up it turns out he's still pending for two other trials for charges of murder against him in two different states. One in NY for his wife and one in Cali for someone else. Well he's off 1 of 3 so far.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:44 AM
shit post warrior

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (Intoxicated 03)

I was watching the news last night and the story was being reported. One of the jurors in the case was being interviewed actually tried to convince the reporter and the audience that this guy didn't get off becuase of his money. You could see right through this juror's explanation. It was so fake!

Old 11-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (Intoxicated 03)

its all in the system .. its all fucked .... jurors were paid or not ... there is a judge and that judge represents the system ...
Old 11-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (JCracer723)

"If he had been convicted, Durst could have gotten five to 99 years in prison."

5 years? Let the ****** rot for all 99...
Old 11-12-2003, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (Bklyn TSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bklyn TSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys need to do some more research or jumping straight to conclusion the juror is bought or rich people can get away with murder, blah blah.

To prevent myself from committing same mistake as too many of you (speaking of what I don't know), I will only state what I do know:

1) The prosecutors decided not to prosecute Durst on a lesser charge (manslaughter, 2nd degree murder, etc), but only charge him with one count of 1st degree murder.

2) It's always very hard to convict someone with 1st degree murder. The prosecution must prove the motive and be able to provide evidence which leads the jury to conclude that beyond all reasonable doubt the accused is guilty, in other words they can not convict the accused if they are not sure. This is the main reason Durst was found not guilty.

3) The defense attorney's argument is whatever happened after a man dies does not change the fact how he died. Therefore chopping up his friend's body and burying the parts will not be considered at all because it does not affect whether Durst "murdered" or "accidentally shot" the guy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

While part of me agrees, I can tell you that if this had been your average Joe, he'd be in jail right now. The presecutors should have know that they he'd be able to afford a good defense and tried to get him on a charge that would be more easy to 'prove'.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Moderator in Chief

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (AccordKid85)

Looks like that was the attitude of the prosecutor. They went all out for the highest punishement and got nothing in return. The prosecutor dropped the ball not the jury. I think we'd all be happier with 5 years than 0...
Old 11-12-2003, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death

The trial and the verdict is messed up, but all of this Texas bashing is unwarranted. Texas is tougher on criminals than most any other state in the nation. Just look at how many inmates were executed under Bush's and Perry's governorships.

I used to work in Huntsville, TX (80 miles north of Houston), home of the Walls Unit which was Death Row for the state of Texas. One of my offices was literally a block away from the Walls Unit. Every single time they had an execution scheduled, I couldn't work in that office because there would be zero parking. All of the wacko anti-capital punishment demonstrators would turn the area into a circus.

If anything, people should be complaining that Texas is a little too quick to send people to death row (I'm not against the death penalty, btw), rather than implying that criminals get off easy in Texas.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (Bklyn TSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bklyn TSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Therefore chopping up his friend's body and burying the parts will not be considered at all because it does not affect whether Durst "murdered" or "accidentally shot" the guy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a sentence you do not often read. "I was chopping up my good friend the other day..."
Old 11-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Millionaire Durst Cleared in Texas Death (Ehron)

one of the jurors said "I didn't know how they could charge him with murder at first because don't you need a head with a body to charge someone with murder?"

Or something to that effect, it was a soundbite

Brian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.