Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell

Old 04-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell

I've played Metal Gear and I'm wondering if Splinter Cell would be better. Has anyone played either game and would recommend Splinter Cell?
Old 04-06-2003, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (fluke702)

Splinter Cell OWNS metal gear!! Metal cant even compete!!
Old 04-06-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (hybridmoose)

Splinter Cell on Xbox definately beats out MGS. On PS2 I'm not really sure it's very good. Yea you get some special missions and a cool new outfit, but the ps2 cant handle the game as well as Xbox. On Gamecube it looks interesting. The graphics are up there with Xbox. The bonus for Gamecube is connectivity with your GBA. You'll be able to use it while playing.

Splinter Cell on
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
Old 04-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (David G)

actually splinter cell on ps2 is just as good as far as game play goes. But I do agree with you on the fact that the graphics are superior on the Xbox. Um...I would vote for splinter cell over metal Gear solid. the story isnt all crazy as metal Gears. Its like realistic. And the gameplay is a much more pleasant experince.

Old 04-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (WongFeihung)

wow you guys are quick....better graphics on the xbox WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED!!!!

the story isnt all crazy as metal Gears. Its like realistic
like is it like realistic? Because i would like hate to play a game that is like fake and stuff...eehehehe

Metal Gear Solid (PSX) and 2 (PS2) are FAR superior to splinter cell in the story line department. Yes its a fake story, but so is Splinter Cell. The 3rd Metal Gear (PSX) took you through a huge maze of levels, character personalities, and plot twists. Then in the 4th one on the PS2, they continued that by having the 1st 1/3rd of the game or so as you playing snake and otacon as a rogue group of people taking out the other Metal Gears around the word. And then when you switch over to the other guy (cant remember his name off the top of my head) you play what seems to be a COMPLETLY different story, but in fact you and snake end up fighting together only to find out that everything you have done in the last game and the current one was PLANNED by a group of people down to how many poeple you killed.

Splinter Cell is a fenominal(sp) game in the graphics and game play department, i'll give you that. But the story line is too generic for me. Tom Clancy makes some AWESOME games, and his books are even better. But to me Splinter Cell is not better because the story in the game makes or breaks a game.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (fluke702)

Splinter Cell > Metal Gear Solid

XBOX > PS2
Old 04-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (FifthGearOnline)

yes, its more realistic..Metal Gear solid 2 had a vampire dude in it..wha? Good story yes, but if your looking for more REALISM, then check out splinter cell ..
Old 04-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (WongFeihung)

MGS>Splinter Cell>MGS2
Old 04-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (Kelvin96GSR)

MGS>Splinter Cell>MGS2
I would agree with this. metal gear for ps1 was amazing..i still play it while metal gear 2 is collecting dust.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:42 PM

Metal Gear Solid (PSX) and 2 (PS2) are FAR superior to splinter cell in the story line department. Yes its a fake story, but so is Splinter Cell.
True that.
The 3rd Metal Gear (PSX) took you through a huge maze of levels, character personalities, and plot twists.
I wasnt aware of a 3rd Metal Gear. I know there is Metal Gear on NES, Metal Gear 2 on NES, Metal Gear Solid on PSX, Metal Gear Solid 2 on PS2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance on PS2.
Then in the 4th one on the PS2, they continued that by having the 1st 1/3rd of the game or so as you playing snake and otacon as a rogue group of people taking out the other Metal Gears around the word. And then when you switch over to the other guy (cant remember his name off the top of my head) you play what seems to be a COMPLETLY different story, but in fact you and snake end up fighting together only to find out that everything you have done in the last game and the current one was PLANNED by a group of people down to how many poeple you killed.
Huh? You mean the Sons of Liberty that is mentioned in the end of the MSG2 and makes me want a MGS3 even more!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (BDiddy)

metal gear solid and metal gear solid 2 are technically the 3rd and 4th metal gear games in the series but no one really cares

and oh yes, i want MGS3 ASAP!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in MGS3 you play as Snake the whole time (thank god) at least, that is the word going around
Old 04-07-2003, 08:53 AM
STC
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (One2hit)

in MGS3 you play as Snake the whole time (thank god) at least, that is the word going around
I hope so. Raiden sucks!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Metal Gear solid vs. Splinter Cell (STC)

I hope so. Raiden sucks!
yea, he does infact suck a long one

edit: and i mean....i did not want to see his white *** naked

[Modified by FifthGearOnline, 11:01 PM 4/7/2003]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.