McDonald's will now use fresh (not frozen) beef patties for it's Quarter Pounder - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

McDonald's will now use fresh (not frozen) beef patties for it's Quarter Pounder

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

McDonald's will now use fresh (not frozen) beef patties for it's Quarter Pounder

Old 03-10-2018, 06:49 AM
rookn00b

Default McDonald's will now use fresh (not frozen) beef patties for it's Quarter Pounder

McDonald's is now servicing fresh beef in its hamburgers in a quarter of its restaurants in the U.S. -- with more on the way.

The fast-food chain announced Tuesday that non-frozen beef is now in Quarter Pounders and Signature Crafted Recipe sandwiches at an estimated 3,500 restaurants.

Fresh beef will be rolled out at all participating restaurants (about 14,000) in the contiguous U.S. by early May.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...nts/398346002/

The response from Wendy's:

Old 03-10-2018, 06:52 AM
GDD Member

Default Re: McDonald's will now use fresh (not frozen) beef patties for it's Quarter Pounder

Whoever runs Wendy's social media is always on point.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: McDonald's will now use fresh (not frozen) beef patties for it's Quarter Pounder

Old 03-10-2018, 06:55 AM
rookn00b

Originally Posted by slomofo View Post
Whoever runs Wendy's social media is always on point.
Yeah, they're pretty good but they did take it too far once. Too far for a company that large at least. Sometimes, you have to dial it back a little.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:04 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Old 03-10-2018, 08:11 AM
been there done that

I'm still mad the wendys down the street burned down almost a year ago and they still haven't rebuilt it
Old 03-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Do you even red wheels?

Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Yeah, they're pretty good but they did take it too far once. Too far for a company that large at least. Sometimes, you have to dial it back a little.
Too far, never, prove it.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:01 AM
rookn00b

Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post

Too far, never, prove it.
Wendy's once used Pepe the Frog in one of their tweets, which they since deleted. One's opinion of Pepe the frog is irrelevant. A company that is publicly traded on NASDAQ should probably refrain from using Pepe the Frog in their tweets.

A private single business, like one of my favorite Italian restaurants here in the SoCal, then it's OK IMO.

Felix hand makes all their pasta and in the center of the restaurant is a temperature and humidity controlled room where they make their pasta.

In that room:

Old 03-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hopefully it doesnt change the taste. thats my meal right there.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Word qrtr is my go-to
Old 03-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

And it's still not going to save them. McDonald's has all but completely fallen off my radar. And sadly it is not just the closest, but the TWO closest fast food joints to me. Though their peak McDs overexpansion is another problem.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:16 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

MCD's still make some addictive-*** food doe!

Just talk to my kids about it, you'd think mcdonald was the name of their crack dealer....
Old 03-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Do you even red wheels?

I don’t know my meme history, Pepe the frog is funny. I don’t see anything wrong with a well played joke.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:58 AM
something gnarly

Never had a royale w/ cheese. A mcdouble w/ a black coffee is my guilty pleasure if I'm on the road for work. Had it twice in he last 3 months.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Oracle of GDD

My new go-to is a McDouble and a McChicken, both plain with cheese. Will always love McD's.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:37 PM

Eff it I`m gonna get a qrtr lb-er to commemorate this thread
Old 03-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

I always get explosive diarrhea when I eat Wendy’s burgers so I’d rather have frozen meat from places with such **** handling practices.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:23 PM
I like to party

McDonald's fries.

/thread
Old 03-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Grandpa

I don't know why I am worried about McDonalds restaurants handling raw hamburger.

But I am.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:05 PM

Just ate mcd`s. so effing good
Old 03-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

life would be so much simpler if it were fresh
Old 03-11-2018, 01:44 AM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

Originally Posted by Setsuna F Seiei View Post
Just ate mcd`s. so effing good
is it really that good? Been perhaps 7 years since I tasted mc donalds burgers. Wendys was my go to place. Although MC donalds breakfast is and fattening
Old 03-11-2018, 04:25 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by kidcool1977 View Post
is it really that good? Been perhaps 7 years since I tasted mc donalds burgers. Wendys was my go to place. Although MC donalds breakfast is and fattening
Something McDonalds has always been good at is uniformity of standards across large franchises.

Whatever we think of it politically or philosophically, it works.

I am wondering if they will be able to maintain standards while using fresh ground beef.

If a store mismanages it’s projections over 48 hours, you’ve got a lot of beef that needs to be thrown away.

Frozen is safer and gives them a hedge factor that will be missing with unfrozen.

If unfrozen beef is not fresh, even a culinary troglodyte is going to notice it.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

McDonald's is like crack for kids. Both my kids asked for it after the very first time eating it. I think they cracked the addiction code in kids minds forever ago with a secret ingredient. Then they stuff that into their food and kids minds go crazy for it.
​​
Old 03-11-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by kidcool1977 View Post
is it really that good? Been perhaps 7 years since I tasted mc donalds burgers. Wendys was my go to place. Although MC donalds breakfast is and fattening :
I ate nothing but qtr lb-er + nuggets when I was bulking. LOL

Then I stopped McD`s altogether for five yrs. Just recently started ordering again. I wasted five yrs of my life

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: McDonald's will now use fresh (not frozen) beef patties for it's Quarter Pounder

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.