Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marriage Ultimatum?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marriage Ultimatum?

So my GF of a year and a half comes to me last night and says "ya know babe, ive been thinking....we should get married." I respond "what? are you serious?" She says " yeah why not?" I didnt really have a reasonable response at the moment cuz my mind was blown away. So we dont talk about it all night. Than today she tells me that if I dont see myself being married to her within the next year than forget it.

Anyone else been given this kind of decision? If so what happened?

Dont get me wrong i love her but im 27 and shes 23... shes been engaged 2 times already, neither time did she end up getting married. Ive never been in a relationship longer than this one...
Old 08-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Head Of Bespoke

What the hell do you think you're in that relationship for? Girls date to get married. Thats the whole point of dating for them.

PS. Pics?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rguy)

first off...Pics....

Second off....KOBE....Kobe!

Think about it
Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Marriage Ultimatum? (FBPSidan)

Hmm interesting. I always told myself I would never be bullied into marrying a chick. I am currently 26 and my gf is 24. We "occasionaly" talk about it but we both have certain goals we'd like to reach before that even becomes a serious discussion.

I dont see what this girls rush is. Shes only 23 and been engaged twice already? She def has issues, considering that 2 years after her 21st bday she has already changed her mind 3 times on who she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

If you're not ready you're not ready. Dont get bullied, becuase it will end up not working out.

EDIT: What does this girl do? Does she have goals in life? Or is she just like a waitress or something? (No offense to waitresses). Only reason I ask is that after high school/college some people get bored with the monotny and routines of life, they have no goals and think something like this will "jumpstart" their life again. I mean if this girl goes to work at some shitty job 9-5 and comes home to you everynight just to sit on couch and watch tv she may be bored and tired abnd looking for a spark. Thats where girls start talking about marriage and babies.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Banned

Default Re: Marriage Ultimatum? (pollofrito21)

get married if you love her but get a prenup.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Widow's Son

Why not? Do you see yourself getting old with her? Having kids? Buying a house??

Just make sure you live with her first.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:46 AM
D.K
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rguy)

I was in that situation about 4-5 years ago. My GF said those words almost verbatim. I didn't know what to do, so I bought her a 'promise' ring. I'm still with her...and I'm still not married. She doesn't bring up marriage anymore either.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:47 AM
RIP ILL: 26Jan1945-02Feb2017 -&- JLVK: 14Jun1925-13Dec2016

it's what led to the downfall of my last relationship...

ex-gf was with me for 4 years.
she said the same thing -- "if we're not gonna get married, what's the point of living together?"

i explained to her that i was married once before and got burned badly.
i then asked her why it was so important to have that piece of paper -- why can't we be happy just being together?
apparently, that was the wrong thing to say...

further proof that the word "****" really is an acronym:
Can't Understand Normal Thinking.

(iow, logic is lost on most wimminz.)
Old 08-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D.K)

IMO i wouldnt do it...... my GF of over 3 years knows i will do it when im ready to, not on her schedule....... and that if she pulls a move like that i will kick her out
Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Marriage Ultimatum? (ZylexSNL)

Well it's a legit question from her stand point. She wants to know if you're serious and if you're not she probably doesn't want to waste time. I say you need to man up and think long and hard and if you feel you want to marry her then do so (b/c you WANT to and don't feel you HAVE to). If not say how you feel and let her make her decision. Quite simple really.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Widow's Son

Y'all are scared of commitment...Jesus H. Christ!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Marriage Ultimatum? (Euphoria)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Y'all are scared of commitment...Jesus H. Christ!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Kobe johnny....KOBE!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Johnny.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Y'all are scared of commitment...Jesus H. Christ!</TD></TR></TABLE>

No kidding. The prenup comment is kinda funny b/c I'm willing to bet that most people here (me included) don't have a net worth worthy of going through the hassle LOL
Old 08-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIRIUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIRIUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No kidding. The prenup comment is kinda funny b/c I'm willing to bet that most people here (me included) don't have a net worth worthy of going through the hassle LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

But some have the potential of doing work
Old 08-07-2007, 06:55 AM

And why not when most marriages end up in the sewer. If the boy is not ready then he's not ready. Nothing good ever came of being pressured into marriage. At least he knows where she stands and if doesn't see himself in that direction then he can start to move in another direction.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: (Ntegd Ya)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ntegd Ya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But some have the potential of doing work </TD></TR></TABLE>
hypothetically speaking, of course...
Old 08-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ZylexSNL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZylexSNL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hypothetically speaking, of course... </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly hahaha
Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ntegd Ya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But some have the potential of doing work </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well a prenup is designed to cover the assets you have going into the marriage. Most of the time anything earned while married is fair game. Just do what I did, find a hot wife that's a good earner on her own and if the marriage fails then I'm the one taking half and getting alimony....not her.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 AM

i am NOT scared of commitment.
when you get burned badly by a marriage, and your mom has been through 3 husbands, you kinda get a little jaded by marriage.

hence, my current attitude...
i have nothing wrong with being with just one girl/woman, living with them every day, for the rest of my life.
it's why i said what i said in my first post: "why is it so important to have that piece of paper -- why can't we be happy just being together?"

there's just something about getting that damned piece of paper that changes things...
... usually for the worse.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Widow's Son

If y'all need a prenup...then she's not the one for you.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIRIUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIRIUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well a prenup is designed to cover the assets you have going into the marriage. Most of the time anything earned while married is fair game. Just do what I did, find a hot wife that's a good earner on her own and if the marriage fails then I'm the one taking half and getting alimony....not her. </TD></TR></TABLE>

But those are so hard to find...and if you do find em. they're so hard to deal with
Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: (Jedimiah)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jedimiah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And why not when most marriages end up in the sewer. If the boy is not ready then he's not ready. Nothing good ever came of being pressured into marriage. At least he knows where she stands and if doesn't see himself in that direction then he can start to move in another direction.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree here. If you're not ready, don't be bullied into getting married. I've seen too many friends go through this same crap only to have it blow up in their faces.

Tell her you're just not ready to get married at this point in your life. What does she do for a living? She ballin? Does she cook & clean? If you answered yes to all 3 questions, then what the hell are you waiting on?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Nu Sigma Alpha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FBPSidan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dont get me wrong i love her but im 27 and shes 23... shes been engaged 2 times already, neither time did she end up getting married. Ive never been in a relationship longer than this one... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't do it!!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:03 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ntegd Ya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But those are so hard to find...and if you do find em. they're so hard to deal with </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ehhh, I guess I'm just lucky then b/c she most definately is not hard to deal with.

Anyway, my feeling is if that you're young and on equal footing (or at least close) then a prenup really isn't all that necessary. If you're some multi-millionaire then I could see.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Team Purple

Default Re: (ZylexSNL)

She has been engaged twice by the age of 23, and she is going for #3?

Be careful meng, sounds like she has daddy issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Marriage Ultimatum?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.