The last movie I saw Thread **possible spoilers** - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

The last movie I saw Thread **possible spoilers**

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

The last movie I saw Thread **possible spoilers**

Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

Default The last movie I saw Thread **possible spoilers**

What's the point of this thread?

Simple....Just post up your opinion/review of any movie you've seen recently & if you've watched it on Blu-ray how would you rate it personally,i.e. worth buying or not.

It doesn't need to be a current release or main stream movie & every form of media goes from cinema,3D,blu-ray,dvd,vhs,tv,intenet,it doesn't matter.All that does matter is what you thought of the movie you just watched.

We all enjoy movies so let's share our experiances!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From page 07 onwards,the following ratings are the best we can do!!! (",)

Must buy
Great Flick
Rental
Watch on tv
Utter ****

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To kick thing's off I recently picked up a movie called Attack the Block on Blu-ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3tOFejxPH0

Now I know it didn't get a big release state side,but it's a great action/horror comedy from the Shaun of the Dead crew & probably my favourite movie from last year.

I'd give it a buy,if you're into that style of movie.

I also picked up the Alien Anthology six disc set & the remasters of the movies are fantastic quality.Considering I got it off Amazon for €25.00 delivered well worth the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-K7tQo4lQ

Last edited by srd....; 10-10-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
My Name is Nobody

Default re: The last movie I saw Thread **possible spoilers**

alien is a great buy for sure. the movie never looked better.

I watched Kwaidan on DVD, which didn't look half bad because the upscaling on my OPPO is outstanding.

I also watched Deadman on BD the other afternoon.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Durka durka

50/50 ... God awful. I didn't see how others and some critics liked it.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I like to party

Worst movie I've ever seen.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
alien is a great buy for sure. the movie never looked better.
Yeah it really does,the other week I picked up Enter the Dragon & Platoon two of my favourite films on Blu-ray & I already own them on dvd,hardly no differance in picture quality imo,but Alien(1979) looked brand new.

Kwaidan looks interesting,I've a decent Zatoichi collection on dvd myself 16 of the 24 movies.

Worst movie I've seen in a long time was the Russian film Nightwatch,utter **** of the highest caliber & I've seen Manos twice lol!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Durka durka

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post

Worst movie I've ever seen.
Cannot be worse than "Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day". I got 15 minutes in and never watched it again.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Great thread Shane

Recently saw The Damned United. Its a movie about Brian Clough, who is appearantly one of the best managers in English Football(soccer for us yanks ) history. Even though its about a sport that doesnt get much love over here, the movie is actually really good and doesnt require you to know anything about the game. It does help if you know a little bit about Leeds United's history of being a bunch of cheating bastards, but its definitely not required. Luckily Shane was nice enough to give me a brief lesson since i was clueless lol

Overall id say its a good movie and would definitely recommend it. Michael Sheen plays the abrasive and eccentric Brian Clough, and to be honest he really makes this movie
Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Jay

I thought it was a pretty decent film that portrayed Saddam's party boy son. It's basically about this guy that looks just like him, picked up by the Iraqi army and forced to walk, talk or basically be his double.

The story isn't complicated at all. Lots of drugs, sex, and violence because that's basically what Saddam's son is - an insane, psychotic, sex addict. It's based on true events. We all know that means the storyline is a exaggerated much, but that didn't stop me from watching.

I didn't watch it on blueray though. Picked it up from the $1 Redbox
Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

Originally Posted by sCeRaXn View Post
Great thread Shane
Thanks Sean!!!

To GDD....

The whole point of this thread is truthfully,based off of how the Anime thread has kept on going here for so long & how it's helped so many differant members find new shows they might never have known about in the first place,good or bad is just a personal opinion at the end of the day.

When we share these good or bad movie experancies/opinions,it opens up new perspective's for others on films they might never have bothered with beforehand & if you agree or disagree on them really doesn't matter in the long run.

I'd hope everyone here who enjoy's movies can consider this thread as their own personal movie review space & like the Anime thread even if it's not on the front page bump it & post up your thoughts on any movie you've just watched.
The Blu-ray part is just to recommed if it's good value to buy in your opinion.

Shane....

Originally Posted by JH4DC231 View Post

I thought it was a pretty decent film that portrayed Saddam's party boy son. It's basically about this guy that looks just like him, picked up by the Iraqi army and forced to walk, talk or basically be his double.

The story isn't complicated at all. Lots of drugs, sex, and violence because that's basically what Saddam's son is - an insane, psychotic, sex addict. It's based on true events. We all know that means the storyline is a exaggerated much, but that didn't stop me from watching.

I didn't watch it on blueray though. Picked it up from the $1 Redbox
I've been meaning to watch that tbh,if it's the Devils Double I think is the name of the movie.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Stage 3 CLINGER!

Anyone know if I Am Legend is worth it in Blu-Ray?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last movie seen was John Carter (of Mars) this weekend at the cinema... If you like Sci-Fi/Fantasy and movies like Stargate, Star Wars, and Avatar I'd HIGHLY recommend checking it out, because John Carter is based on a 100 year old story written by Edgar Rice Burroughs that those previous movies borrowed ideas from. I liked it better than Avatar... no preachy message and better character fleshing out and telling of the story. John Carter is a good fun Sci-Fantasy/Adventure/Comedy/Romance/Action movie that the movie critics have no idea what they are talking about for the most part... audience reaction is overwhelmingly positive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzPVYy7LHIo

Last Blu-Ray seen was Jin-Roh, being I finally sourced the rare US release. It's the same quality as the Japanese release, but is the only one that came with a 522 page storyboard book. Jin-Roh is about to be re-released in a bare-bones 'economy' edition for the really low price of ~$60, which is a fairly good deal for it. It's a dark and tragedy tale based on Red Riding Hood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmmoBsMw5w0
Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by singlecamslamed View Post
Anyone know if I Am Legend is worth it in Blu-Ray?
While I don't have I Am Legend, blu-ray.com has an excellent review of the release (and blu-ray.com is an excellent source for checking out if Blu-Ray releases are worth owning, whether they are foreign or domestic releases):

blu-ray.com's I Am Legend Review
Old 03-13-2012, 08:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Last few Blu Rays i watched were District 9(kind of weird but nice visuals)Band of Brothers of course the best.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Only posers die, im next

Originally Posted by LT6916 View Post
50/50 ... God awful. I didn't see how others and some critics liked it.
You ever have a best friend be in that situation? I think this is a must in order to really appreciate the movie. The end tore me up inside. Big time.

Last movie I saw was the sitter which had some good parts in it. Jona Hill telling little kids to shut the **** up is actually quite entertaining.

Harold and Kumar Christmas was absolutely terrible and considering the first two were very well done, I was saddened.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Garden State.
Pretty awesome movie I thought
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 PM
86%

Last movie I watched was Office Space :D Needs no review. Awesome movie that will never get old. Haven't seen it on BluRay, probably not worth it

Last movie I watched that was actually new to me was Warrior's Way.

Overly cheesy in almost every way. While I can be a sucker for over the top Japanese type action scenes, these weren't done too well. wouldn't really recommend it.

Last movie I watched that was really quite good was 13 Assassins.

If you like subtitles, slightly over the top (but well done) samurai fighting, with plenty of slow parts to set the story, then you'll like this. Directed by Takashi Miike, I'd highly recommend this one. Also no BluRay, just Netflix streaming
Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now you know..
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Jay

Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
Last movie seen was John Carter (of Mars) this weekend at the cinema... If you like Sci-Fi/Fantasy and movies like Stargate, Star Wars, and Avatar I'd HIGHLY recommend checking it out, because John Carter is based on a 100 year old story written by Edgar Rice Burroughs that those previous movies borrowed ideas from. I liked it better than Avatar... no preachy message and better character fleshing out and telling of the story. John Carter is a good fun Sci-Fantasy/Adventure/Comedy/Romance/Action movie that the movie critics have no idea what they are talking about for the most part... audience reaction is overwhelmingly positive.

Last Blu-Ray seen was Jin-Roh, being I finally sourced the rare US release. It's the same quality as the Japanese release, but is the only one that came with a 522 page storyboard book. Jin-Roh is about to be re-released in a bare-bones 'economy' edition for the really low price of ~$60, which is a fairly good deal for it. It's a dark and tragedy tale based on Red Riding Hood.
I love Jin Roh

and I also really wanted to check out John Carter. I was disappointed with what the critics said about it on rotten tomatoes so that kind of discouraged me. i might have to check it out so i could judge for myself.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JH4DC231 View Post
I love Jin Roh

and I also really wanted to check out John Carter. I was disappointed with what the critics said about it on rotten tomatoes so that kind of discouraged me. i might have to check it out so i could judge for myself.
Here's a John Carter review I wholly agree with:

http://www.themovieguys.net/2012/03/...w-john-carter/
Old 03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
86%

Originally Posted by srd.... View Post
To kick thing's off I recently picked up a movie called Attack the Block on Blu-ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3tOFejxPH0

Now I know it didn't get a big release state side,but it's a great action/horror comedy from the Shaun of the Dead crew & probably my favourite movie from last year.
LOL, didn't even notice this in the OP. As someone who thinks Shaun of the Dead was one of the best comedies of recent history, and Hot Fuzz was horribly underrated, thanks for posting about this one. I had heard NOTHING about it, and it looks pretty entertaining.

Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
Here's a John Carter review I wholly agree with:

http://www.themovieguys.net/2012/03/...w-john-carter/
I hadn't even bother to read any reviews, as based off the previews I thought it was just going to be another horribly unimaginative hollywood "safe" action movie for kids, banking on america's love of 3d and CGI.... This review has changed my mind, might wait for it to come out on DVD and give it a shot. But still, the previews just looked ****ing horrible, I have a hard time believing it's as good as this guy is saying.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper View Post
LOL, didn't even notice this in the OP. As someone who thinks Shaun of the Dead was one of the best comedies of recent history, and Hot Fuzz was horribly underrated, thanks for posting about this one. I had heard NOTHING about it, and it looks pretty entertaining.

I hadn't even bother to read any reviews, as based off the previews I thought it was just going to be another horribly unimaginative hollywood "safe" action movie for kids, banking on america's love of 3d and CGI.... This review has changed my mind, might wait for it to come out on DVD and give it a shot. But still, the previews just looked ****ing horrible, I have a hard time believing it's as good as this guy is saying.
Saw the preview for Attack the Block on Columbiana Blu-Ray I borrowed from a friend...looked like a fun movie I might rent/watch in the future.

As for John Carter, if you can just go to a matinee showing this coming weekend and watch it for like $5-$6 in 2D...3D is not needed for this movie. It is not an 'unimaginative' action movie or horrible like Cowboys and Aliens...man am I'm glad I only paid $1 to see that (which was the previous movie I saw in the theaters actually!) No, John Carter is a character and story driven movie that is more enjoyable than Avatar; it's kind of like Superman meets Stargate.... and how the ending perfectly ties into the beginning...you go "ahhhh - so that's why...." More serious and not as corny as the Star Wars franchise, but still with good humor and a sense of adventure.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper View Post
No problem bud,here's an audio review from Spill (nsfw language)

http://www.spill.com/Audio/AudioPost.aspx?audioId=680
Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 AM
My Name is Nobody

I watched my imported version of Limits of Control last night(not available as a region free or USDM)... I am in love with Jim Jarmusch.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Interrupters - Good documentary, worth watching but wouldn't buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmm0MZLGxY
Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Jim Jarmusch fan right here... loved this movie.

Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
I watched my imported version of Limits of Control last night(not available as a region free or USDM)... I am in love with Jim Jarmusch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The last movie I saw Thread **possible spoilers**

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.