Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPD

Old 06-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default LAPD

Im trying to decide if i should go into law enforcement or not. I find the LAPD a really exciting job and is what im leaning towards. Im just looking for more input. If anyone is a cop or has family, friends, etc who are cops (doesn't matter for what state, branch,etc) and have something to say, please do so. i'm looking for opinions and the way you guys view this job.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know many cops that dislike their job.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

if i joined the PD it would be in a chill city like somewhere in utah or colorado. fvck LAPD..ive seen some crazy **** to know id never want to be a cop in la. ppl shot first then ask questions later
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LAPD (ware)

You're only 18? Eh... stay in school
Old 06-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Team Purple

Well, LAPD is hiring so go for it. Just remember that it's LA, not a very friendly city.

Start your application now. Processing takes up to 6 months.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:20 PM
ucb
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J.EM1)

My buddy is an undercover officer in LAPD

He likes it, he gets to beat on messican gang-bangers daily
Old 06-12-2008, 12:24 PM
im hench irl

Default FV-QR

My friend applied to be a Sheriff's and they denied him because he was too young. The age requirement is 21 and he is 21. Hmm..
Old 06-12-2008, 12:27 PM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: LAPD (darithS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darithS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're only 18? Eh... stay in school </TD></TR></TABLE>

umm maybe he wants to be a cop?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
MOB Mentality

a lil off topic but esco is this really you or an associate ?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LAPD (darithS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darithS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're only 18? Eh... stay in school </TD></TR></TABLE> I am. I graduate next week from high school and going on to college for my BA in criminal justice. This will put me up higher on the pay scale when i do join the force. I live in L.A. and have seen the LAPD in action first hand thats why i want to join I want to do patrol for sure and be first responder on calls. I know this specific department is not the best nor has the easiest areas to patrol but in my eyes a very respected department because of these very reasons. Now i just have to actually decide if this is what i really want to do
Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Arcitekt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arcitekt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

a lil off topic but esco is this really you or an associate ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol google danpat
Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 PM
MOB Mentality

Default Re: (St. Jimmy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by St. Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol google danpat</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol and thats considered pedigree ... eh
Old 06-12-2008, 12:51 PM
ucb
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arcitekt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Lol and thats considered pedigree ... eh </TD></TR></TABLE>

riiight...and about 37 seconds ago you were ready to leg hump the **** out of him
Old 06-12-2008, 12:53 PM
MOB Mentality

Default Re: (ucb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ucb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

riiight...and about 37 seconds ago you were ready to leg hump the **** out of him </TD></TR></TABLE>

Him?!! wtf

glad it never crossed my mind if thats the grim reality
Old 06-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Team Purple

Default Re: LAPD (ware)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ware &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am. I graduate next week from high school and going on to college for my BA in criminal justice.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Try to get a degree in something other than criminal justice. You're pretty much limited with a CJ degree. They want to see degrees from various studies; psych, sociology... etc.

Good luck!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Him?!! wtf

glad it never crossed my mind if thats the grim reality </TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao you must be new to gdd, that's not esco in his avatar lol... i wish it was
Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LAPD (E-Rok)

Go for it man! Ever watch the show called the "academy"?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
crazy mad murdock

Default FV-QR

being a cop is being apart of a family, like every law enforcement agency.
People hate you more than fire fighters, only difference is fire fighters don't get shot at
Old 06-12-2008, 01:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: FV-QR

I would never want to be a cop unless it was LAPD.

I thought about moving to Cali just to do it a few times but just couldn't afford the move.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 PM
MOB Mentality

Default Re: (darithS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darithS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lmao you must be new to gdd, that's not esco in his avatar lol... i wish it was </TD></TR></TABLE>

somewhat, i have missed out alot on gdd since 05. i see's lots of new faces now
Old 06-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (Stockton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stockton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would never want to be a cop unless it was LAPD.</TD></TR></TABLE> lol why?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ he wants the action!

btw i talked to a sheriff one time and he said they get paid less than a regular cop, have more responsiblities, AND the shittiest part is that you have to work in the jail system for like 8 years or something before they let you patrol.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (A08_MThrizzle)

oh man, if you are going to school for couple of year for degree, might as well pick a major that pays out much better.

no offense but it's pretty much a high risk job and it doesn't pay well enough if you ask me.(but again, there's the justice side of the job i guess)
Old 06-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: (A08_MThrizzle)

My friend Brad was LAPD and patrolled West LA, pimpin on honeys was his daily routine while chillin at Starbucks. Now he got transfered to Watts and getting into shuffles with knuckle heads on a daily basis.

Hope and pray that you get located to a good area. Otherwise, you'd better work out and take self defense classes and get prepared to fight for your life.

Once he actually got his own gun yanked out by a 2nd guy while he was wrestling the main perp (my friend Brad is pretty yoked and was even in a Nike commercial back in high school but was still having a hard time with this 250 lb guy) but luckily he talked the 2nd guy down to putting the gun back. He actually said, "Think of what your momma would say right now." LOL.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: FV-QR (ware)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ware &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> lol why?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cause I have no desire to be a cop, I just don't like cops and I wouldn't want to be one of them in a small town or suburb.

NYPD would be fun but they have the worst pay that's why I wouldn't do it.

LAPD would be exciting and the starting pay is decent. I wouldn't want to be a cop somewhere I would be bored. I just think being a cop in LA would be fun, maybe Miami too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.