Kids banned from restaurant - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Kids banned from restaurant

Old 04-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Kids banned from restaurant

All under Trump administration, yay.

Restaurant Bans Kids 5 and Younger After iPad Incident

But yeah, I agree with what the owner did because it does ruin it for others. Mom of 6 and a 1yr old? Get a babysitter, ain't nobody told you to pop out more kids than you can handle.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kids banned from restaurant

100% behind this and hope more places follow suit.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Bloody Beaver

Originally Posted by DREWdabuilder View Post
******* this.

Lately have been seeing parents taking kids to brewpubs. Wtf is nothing sacred ?
Old 04-05-2017, 04:55 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

I have no problem with this.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post
******* this.

Lately have been seeing parents taking kids to brewpubs. Wtf?
Dude, same **** here at one of the most popular brewery in my city and I refuse to go back. It's a straight chuck'e'cheese with kids just running around and it wasn't like that when they first opened.

Establishments like this are places people(adults) go to get away from all that and relax.

Last edited by DREWdabuilder; 04-05-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Swaggylicious

Originally Posted by DREWdabuilder
Dude, same **** here at one of the most popular brewery in my city and I refuse to go back. It's a straight chuck'e'cheese with kids just running around and it wasn't like that when they first opened.

Establishments like this are places people go to get away from all that and relax.
Saw a 5 year old girl passed the fk out takin a nap in a bar while the parents drank the other day

Wtfm8
Old 04-05-2017, 05:11 PM
I tell doctors what to do

Where the hell do you guys hang out that you are constantly being bothered by kids? I almost never see kids in restaurants/bars and if I do they usually aren't creating a scene
Old 04-05-2017, 05:36 PM
footwork mastery

I am not a parent yet but I am shocked how big an idiot most are. Have some respect for other people no one else finds your child doing dumb stuff cute except you. It's like your dog, you think it's the cutest thing in the world but on one else cares about it.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Oracle of GDD

We are very judicious about where/when we bring ours. Anyplace quiet, no way.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Good
Old 04-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omfg........taking your sick kid to the restaurant and having her throw up and apologizing........like wtf...........
Old 04-05-2017, 06:43 PM
0x5359-0055

Dad to 2 and I see no issue with this.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:48 PM
The Science Guy

Turn all upscale restaurants into strip joints.

Problem solved.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Steve at Heart

I have friends whom allow this, SIL is the same way.

These parents have no intention of actually parenting or engaging with their children.

Not in my house though.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:56 PM
The Science Guy

There's also a special place in hell for people who thinking changing baby diapers at their table is OK.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Steve at Heart

Lol, courtesy has been thrown out the window lately.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Keyboard Humorist

My neghbor has dogs and thinks it's ok for them to continuously bark all day from 7am to 9pm.
Zero cares for anyone else becuae nature and that's just what dogs do.

Same mentality in these "parents" that don't train and raise their kids to act right in public.
Was in a theater a while back and this 3 year old was bolting up and down the stairs and across the front under the screen for a good 20 minutes. I finally had enough and told her to get her kid....response was "you can go right ahead."
movie was clearly more important to her than her kid and way more important that the other people that paid money to see a movie.
Saw these other great parents bringing their <5 year olds in to see Logan. Fortunately they sat far away or I was ready to let them know what fantastic people they were taking their little ones to a rated R so the rest of the world could enjoy their kids making noise and freaking out.

more rant
more rant

i really dislike some people. So much stupid

Last edited by 4drEF; 04-06-2017 at 07:57 AM. Reason: because autocorrect didn't get it right
Old 04-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hipsters with hipster kids.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:14 PM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

everyone is selfish, it's that some make it obvious and they think they are RIGHT!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:14 PM
rookn00b

I love kids but I guess many don't

In the competitive and fiscally risky business of restaurants, incentives have always been used to drum up new customers, whether it be happy hour specials, two-for-one appetizers, or the promise of a meal undisturbed by children. The latter has lead to a big spike in business—and a helping of controversy—for one North Carolina eatery.

At Caruso's—a Moorseville Italian restaurant where, according to their website, "proper attire" is required to eat at the "traditional, classy, intimate" space—a no-child policy put into effect in January has lead to an uptick in customers seeking a quieter, tantrum-free dining experience.

According to manager Yoshi Nunez, once children under the age of five were banned from the restaurant, the daily customer count quickly rose from 50 to 80. Taking a cue from other successful kid-free dining establishments—such as the Australian spot that did its best-ever weekend sales after enacting a similar policy—Caruso's adopted the rule after receiving numerous complaints about screaming, crying, and iPad-wielding children from the restaurant's patrons.

"I had several customers complain, get up and leave because children were bothering them, and the parents were doing nothing," owner Pasquale Caruso, himself a father of two, tells the Mooresville Tribune, noting that this behavior made the restaurant feel like "a local pizzeria," rather than the upscale dining experience they were advertising.

The restaurateur claims he was "starting to lose money and customers, because I had very young children coming in, throwing food, running around and screaming." After word of the new policy got out, diners took to the restaurant's unofficial Facebook page to weigh in on the decision. Some took offense to the policy, like user Glen Peterson, who commented: "Now that you
have banned small children, who is next: blacks, Jews, native people? Shame on you!"

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/arti...young-children
Old 04-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
These parents have no intention of actually parenting or engaging with their children.
All they care about is plopping a tablet/phone in front of their kids so they don't have to deal with them for an hour.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:32 PM
footwork mastery

All they care about is plopping a tablet/phone in front of their kids so they don't have to deal with them for an hour.
Me and the lady have said we will not do this, I am sure it is the nice easy way out but seeing friends raise kids like this I am just shocked. Dangers of having an unexpected kid and not being ready for it I guess. Be a parent or wrap it up and wait.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This. It's amazing the effort (or lack thereof) that folks put into their children. My neighbor on the left has two kids with two different women. He and his wife have full custody of one of the children (the boy) and he and his ex share custody of their girl. The boy is 6 and is reading and writing on a 3 grade level in both English and Spanish and is even learning Mandarin and using some damn program that is teaching him code and logic. His 8 year old sister? Nothing like that. All she talks about is music and cartoons. Just whines and cries constantly when she doesn't get pleased. And it's not like my neighbor is some genius. He's just a damn cop who comes home and gives a damn.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:10 AM
put title here

Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post
******* this.

Lately have been seeing parents taking kids to brewpubs. Wtf is nothing sacred ?
I've seen this a lot lately as well. I'll admit I laughed when my buddy brought his baby into the bar like carlos from hangover, but 2-5 year olds running around screaming gets annoying as hell.

Originally Posted by Xentropa View Post
There's also a special place in hell for people who thinking changing baby diapers at their table is OK.
I'm so glad I have not seen this.

Originally Posted by 4drEF View Post
Saw these other great parents bringing their <5 year olds in to see Logan. Fortunately they sat far away or I was ready to let them know what fantastic people they were taking their little ones to a rated R so the rest of the world could enjoy their kids taking and freaking out.
This happened as well when I saw Logan on a Friday night with a start time of 9. I'm like who the **** brings their 4-7 year olds to a rated R movie. In Ohio I guess multiple people do. Funny thing was when the movie was over and leaving I saw one of the kids moms and it was a bitch I had to work with at my job for one project. Complete waste of space at work, same in raising her kids.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:55 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

**** yes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kids banned from restaurant

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.