Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeffrey Epstein

Old 07-10-2019, 11:36 AM
eight equals equals equals D

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Jeffrey Epstein

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
Agree. I said this in the politics thread, but I expect someone on the Kevin Spacey level to get caught up. Not Trump or Bill.
charges against him were dropped though I think.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rochesterricer View Post
Ok, I think its officially time to reel it in a bit. Take a week off from GDD and try to enjoy the summer weather.
So it ISN'T sp? I was so sure after all the nonsense today...
Old 07-10-2019, 11:45 AM
that's no moon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PastorDave_EJ1 View Post
Christians don’t “hate” gay people, they “hate” the act and lifestyle which is a sin.

Im not sure I follow your “support” war comment. There is nothing in Christianity that prohibits being in the military and defending one’s country. If you are referencing thou shall not kill then the distinction must be made of murder and killing.
The entire new testament prohibits war and killing. Even the old Testament prophecies it regarding the Messiah:

"And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (Isaiah 2:4)

there is a reason no Christians join the military and hundreds of years after Jesus death. Further, joining the military prohibits autonomy of actions. The current wars for instance are offensive in nature.

Exactly what verses do you think support joining the military?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:48 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Well hello UC Nick, enjoying the new account?
That explains it.

Originally Posted by Tim2179 View Post
charges against him were dropped though I think.
Not saying Spacey will get caught, but someone of his level of fame. His named popped into my head due to previous allegations.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:49 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Old 07-10-2019, 11:55 AM
"Haters Gonna Hate"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hopefully some of these allegations against Trump are false, otherwise that would be very sad to have a president who took part in such actions.
Christians don’t “hate” gay people, they “hate” the act and lifestyle which is a sin.

Im not sure I follow your “support” war comment. There is nothing in Christianity that prohibits being in the military and defending one’s country. If you are referencing thou shall not kill then the distinction must be made of murder and killing.
Sometimes all we can do is pray, I agree with you.
You have a very limited understanding of Christianity apparently.

12/10 troll

Originally Posted by 1991civiclx13 View Post
excuse me Pastor Dave, how much ***** could Trump grab if Trump could grab *****
The post + username is incredible.
Originally Posted by 93Accord117 View Post
life imitates art - it was surreal for me as well
praying works the best to prevent mass shooting and hurricanes
Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
TFW you're praying that donald didn't do this instead of praying for justice
Yea, that always works.
I'm sure jesus is quite forgiving of my potential limited understanding as he is of the children who have died in the concentration camps trump made on the border.

WE NEED MORE PRAYERS PEOPLE!!
12/10 replies

Well hello UC Nick, enjoying the new account?
lmao
Old 07-10-2019, 12:59 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Pork is NOT a verb!

Why not just link to the original full story that zerohedge was quoting from?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffre...ght?ref=scroll

Headline/photo not sensationalist enough?
Old 07-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ooof
Old 07-10-2019, 01:23 PM
washuuu

But Bill Clinton.

no wait, Epstein was a hero!
Old 07-10-2019, 02:11 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's obvious that He is deep state
#magawaga
#wtfbbq
Old 07-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Grandpa

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

imagine a billionaire who doesn't have completely fucked morals due to affluenza
Oprah?

Maria Fissiolo?

Susanne Klatten?
Old 07-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
Lay it out. Most Western Christians have poor understanding. Just the fact that any of them support war is anti-Christian.
This is curious.

What do you mean, exactly, and why do you differentiate Eastern and Western Christianity?
Old 07-10-2019, 03:51 PM
White Trash Wish Cash

Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
The fact people are politicizing the indictment of a pedophile is pretty sad. I feel like everyone should be rooting for this guy to be burned at the stake but here we are.
I actually 100% agree with you here. Roast this turd.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Grandpa

The FBI has been able to locate enough new and previously unreported witnesses that there is now very little chance of double jeopardy being legitimate.

That's the good news, if there is any.

They probably still want to be careful how they use witnesses from the Florida case.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Oracle of GDD

I have always suspected an Intel angle on Epstein, his purpose seems to solely be to gather blackmail/compromising material on powerful people.

Or...Just mob. Russian mob, to be precise.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Screw you guys, I'm... going... home.

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
TFW you're praying that donald didn't do this instead of praying for justice
To be fair, he's probably praying that Donald Trump doesn't get caught doing this, not that he didn't do it. And on that note, one might also wonder if there is anything in the ten commandments about idols or false Gods. Who knows.

You have a very limited understanding of Christianity apparently.
Most Christians have a very limited understanding of Christianity, too.

Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
The fact people are politicizing the indictment of a pedophile is pretty sad. I feel like everyone should be rooting for this guy to be burned at the stake but here we are.
It appears to me that everyone here on the left is hoping that Epstein and all of those who committed crimes with him, whether they be liberal or conservative, democrat or republican, get convicted and punished. Perhaps I am wrong about this, but that would seem to be the exact opposite of politicizing Epstein's pedophilia. Please link us to the libs/dems who are NOT rooting for Epstein to be crucified. I'll wait.

How do Christians feel about the lifestyle of someone calling their own daughter a hot piece of ***? How about cheating on ALL THREE of one's wives? As in thou shalt not something something adultery? How about constantly lying? Isn't that somewhere on the bible too? Inquiring minds want to know.

Do we also then need to make a distinction between killing in defense of one's own country and killing during and after invading someone else's country? It would seem that one of those can easily be justified, and the other one can't.

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Oprah?

Maria Fissiolo?

Susanne Klatten?
Warren Buffet?

Michael Bloomberg?

Ross Perot?

Bill Gates?
Old 07-10-2019, 09:34 PM
that's no moon

This is curious.

What do you mean, exactly, and why do you differentiate Eastern and Western Christianity?
Western Christianity became co-opted by Rome and it's successors, and Christians became Pauline's more so than followers of Christ. The Apolistic lineage is clear within the Byzantine schism imo. It's much more pure, in general. You can see this in things such as Ransom theory of atonement vs Penal substitution (Western). Western theology even tries to rewrite history and claim that Penal substitution is original. I believe that Western Christianity rejects most of Origens work and afaik much of the early church beliefs including war.

Christians simply did not take up arms until much later (post Constantine afaik). For example even when the Jewish peoples revolted against Rome (Bar Kokhoba) Christians refused to participate. That stood to benefit yet refused. They were attacked for their refusal.

There are simply so many differences between them, and people are right to criticize the parody that is Western Christianity.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:44 AM
El Chico

I can not stand the Christian bashing. Almost wholesale cleaned this thread.

Knock that **** off. You can discuss a religion without disrespecting it.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:46 AM
El Chico

Western Christianity became co-opted by Rome and it's successors, and Christians became Pauline's more so than followers of Christ. The Apolistic lineage is clear within the Byzantine schism imo. It's much more pure, in general. You can see this in things such as Ransom theory of atonement vs Penal substitution (Western). Western theology even tries to rewrite history and claim that Penal substitution is original. I believe that Western Christianity rejects most of Origens work and afaik much of the early church beliefs including war.

Christians simply did not take up arms until much later (post Constantine afaik). For example even when the Jewish peoples revolted against Rome (Bar Kokhoba) Christians refused to participate. That stood to benefit yet refused. They were attacked for their refusal.

There are simply so many differences between them, and people are right to criticize the parody that is Western Christianity.
Excellent post.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:22 AM
Grandpa

You can see this in things such as Ransom theory of atonement vs Penal substitution (Western).
"All Protestants are Crypto-Papists." :-)

The Empire had disappeared in the West. There had to be an incentive for order.

I believe that Western Christianity rejects most of Origens work....
Origen can spark controversy in conversation even in 2019. Did he or did he not advocate the pre-existence of souls? :-) The idea was debunked by 2nd Constantinople, but without condemning Origen because it's not really clear that he preached or wrote this. In any event, it is true that he continues to be revered as a Father, and he certainly preached correctly the nature of Christ.

...and afaik much of the early church beliefs including war.
I understand your point of view, but I am not entirely sure. The New Testament is full of accounts of God-dreading centurions who were men of good character, celebrated by the Christian community.

Even Alexandria at the time of your man Origen allowed legionaries in their midst.

(Matthew 8:5,8,13;27:54; Mark 15:39,44-45; Luke 7:2,6;23:47; Acts 10:1,22;21:32;22:25-26;23:17,23;24:23;27:1,6,11,31,43;28:16).

Christians simply did not take up arms until much later (post Constantine afaik).
I dissent from this view, because Constantine mentions Christians in his ranks, and clearly the Chi-Rho symbol was on Constantinian shields, depending on the legion. We might surmise that at the point of St Constantine's crossing into Italy, there were already legions composed of Christians.

I sympathize with your Eastern leaning, but I believe that Christian military orders were inside the legions well before you're thinking that they were. There is evidence of the conversion of legionaries to Christianity as far back as when Christ walked the earth.

Post-Constantine, the title of Pontifex Maximus meant that you were ordained and consecrated, not merely crowned and acclaimed.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:24 AM
Grandpa

Peter carried a sword.

And when we say to render unto Caesar the things that are his, we might very well mean the works of our divine hands, not merely coin of the realm.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:56 AM
that's no moon

"All Protestants are Crypto-Papists." :-)

The Empire had disappeared in the West. There had to be an incentive for order.

Origen can spark controversy in conversation even in 2019. Did he or did he not advocate the pre-existence of souls? :-) The idea was debunked by 2nd Constantinople, but without condemning Origen because it's not really clear that he preached or wrote this. In any event, it is true that he continues to be revered as a Father, and he certainly preached correctly the nature of Christ.

I understand your point of view, but I am not entirely sure. The New Testament is full of accounts of God-dreading centurions who were men of good character, celebrated by the Christian community.

Even Alexandria at the time of your man Origen allowed legionaries in their midst.

(Matthew 8:5,8,13;27:54; Mark 15:39,44-45; Luke 7:2,6;23:47; Acts 10:1,22;21:32;22:25-26;23:17,23;24:23;27:1,6,11,31,43;28:16).

I dissent from this view, because Constantine mentions Christians in his ranks, and clearly the Chi-Rho symbol was on Constantinian shields, depending on the legion. We might surmise that at the point of St Constantine's crossing into Italy, there were already legions composed of Christians.

I sympathize with your Eastern leaning, but I believe that Christian military orders were inside the legions well before you're thinking that they were. There is evidence of the conversion of legionaries to Christianity as far back as when Christ walked the earth.

Post-Constantine, the title of Pontifex Maximus meant that you were ordained and consecrated, not merely crowned and acclaimed.
Again, Constantine co-opted Christianity. There is this strange idea that he was a good person. He wasn't. It all goes back to the council of Nicea.

Regarding Legionnaires in the NT, yes, they converted. No it does not say they continued to serve Rome or kill. We could also point out that the Crusades has Christians so crusading and genocide is Christian too. Or we can look at Christs work and words. None of that supports was or Christians in the military. Again we have to wait a few hundred years post Christ for Christian diaspora to begin supporting war and engaging in it. And even if Christians did serve the military I again point out that there were many Christians doing many things Christ opposed. As we have to this day. No verse about Christ or from Christ supports was or killing. In fact they all condemn it. Which is why Christians go back to the OT looking for justification. Even Paul opposed killing and didn't raise a hand against people were actively seeking to kill him. He turned his back on all death.

As for should I also disagree that it was "debunked". We don't know, and the argument for fallen souls seems as valid as any other.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:58 AM
that's no moon

Peter carried a sword.

And when we say to render unto Caesar the things that are his, we might very well mean the works of our divine hands, not merely coin of the realm.
Yes he did carry a sword. And when he went to use it Christ rebuked him and made an example in front of his killers. Christ knew that moment would come. And absolutely not do we remember our actions to Caesar. You can justify anything with that.

There is a reason we have to reach so far into the abyss to find ways to justify the cult of death and reject the salvation Jesus brought.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jeffrey Epstein

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.