Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackson Hole, WY snowboarding trip pics

Old 03-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Jackson Hole, WY snowboarding trip pics

I used to post pics/document my trips. Haven't done that in a while so here's one to get things going again. I'm also headed to Thailand for a week and a half very soon so I'll have additional pics afterwards.

Here's my trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a few days of snowboarding. I also went last year. It is probably my favorite ski/snowboard resort at the moment. I consider myself a somewhat advanced boarder, but here I still find myself challenged. In other resorts, I can keep up with the fastest boarders and even skiers. Not at Jackson Hole.

My wife and I have the Mountain Collective pass which allows 2 days at 17 different resorts. At $450ish, going to two places already more than covers the cost. I highly recommend it if any of you are into this and closer to the West Coast. The Ikon pass is $600something, and has more days and is also a good deal.

At this small airport, you land just a couple miles from the Teton mountain range and a couple miles from town/the resort. The coldness hurt my face as soon as I got off.

View as we were landing.

Another shot. You can see the resort here in the middle/right of the photo. The trails coming down are visible.

Parked the rental AWD Hyundai Kona under an icicle. Couldn't open this door in the morning. Car was too small, but we made everything fit. Has a sport mode, which was still unbearably slow, but it did have a button to lock the AWD in place. So I could spin all 4 tires in the ice/snow which was fun.

Center of the town square. Those are real elk antlers.

Awwwwww.

Night shot.

The next day, got to the resort early since lines were reportedly long. We still had to wait almost an hour to take the tram to the summit.

This was the big tram which took us to the top (Rendezvous Mountain). They squeezed 100 people in each time. So tight, I couldn't even lift my arms up to scratch my nose.

Took this later in the day as I boarded along a traverse. Caught the tram on its way up. Looks like a postcard shot.

The top of the summit had a somewhat popular waffle place. I never tried it before and my wife chickened out last time we got to the top. It was too windy and there was zero visibility so after waiting an hour to get on the Tram, she just took it back down. Of course I had to go down with her lols. This time she made it all the way up and boarded down.

About 10,500 feet here.

Experts only from the top.

View from the summit.

If you go along the edge past the summit, you get to this. You can leave if you want, but you're on your own.

I like the skulls.

My wife doesn't go too fast so if there's any incline, she usually gets stuck. With a snowboard, you're pretty much forced to unstrap and walk. She wasn't a fan.

The rest of the photos aren't really in order, but it doesn't matter too much.

Freshly groomed.

More pics in 2nd post...
Old 03-06-2019, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Jackson Hole, WY snowboarding trip pics

Continued...

The blue and double blue routes here at Jackson Hole were probably equivalent to single black diamond in other resorts I've been to. That's why I say this place still challenges me. I can board anything, no matter how steep...unless there are moguls.

I hate moguls. Not really good for boarders anyway.

My wife is slowly getting better. She can't really "carve" that well, but she's getting there. She'll "heel" all the way down if it is steep at all.

That's me down there on the right.

The area got like 4 feet of snow in the last week.

Best thing to do with a rental car is to explore roads you wouldn't take your own car, right?

So it turns out I shouldn't have let this baby big horned sheep lick the car. It isn't good for it since it gets them used to stuff that's not normally in nature (salt, etc). But I didn't want to drive and run this guy over.

We had some time the last day so we took the elk sleigh ride.

There were about 600-700 of these in the reserve.

Some eats. The Cowboy Bar had saddles for bar stools. Pretty cool, but uncomfortable after more than 10 minutes. You could order rocky mountain oysters here if you like.

That's all folks!
Old 03-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Swaggylicious

Holy winter wonderland/hell hole (depends if you like the cold, probably a hell hole for me)

looks like a blast if this is your thing though, i think looking at your pics satisfy any wants of ever being in that weather.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:43 AM

Here's a slo-mo of me

Old 03-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, Jackson Hole is way up on my bucket list. I really need to get out there. Looks amazing!

Did you run into Travis Rice out there?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad you got some 'you' time.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Prairie Dog Breeder

Did you get drunk and high while you were snowboarding?
Old 03-06-2019, 12:34 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

I should buy a snowboard.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
Holy winter wonderland/hell hole (depends if you like the cold, probably a hell hole for me)

looks like a blast if this is your thing though, i think looking at your pics satisfy any wants of ever being in that weather.
Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad. What makes it bad is the wind. If it is beating on you while on the chairlift or anywhere at all, it is brutal. There wasn't much wind so if you keep moving, your body stays pretty warm.

Originally Posted by 96dxB16 View Post
Man, Jackson Hole is way up on my bucket list. I really need to get out there. Looks amazing!

Did you run into Travis Rice out there?
I had to Google him. But nope I didn't see him. It is an amazing place and I believe one of the top rated resorts in the USA.

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
Glad you got some 'you' time.
Thanks man. If this was referencing my dad's situation....the facility still called me while I was on the mountain. Luckily it wasn't too bad, but still upsetting to get the call.

Originally Posted by 93Accord117 View Post
Did you get drunk and high while you were snowboarding?
Nope, why? I tried the whole liquor thing while on the slopes to see if I got more courage. But it makes almost no difference since you're moving around so much. Maybe I just didn't drink enough lols. I also haven't "gotten high" in at least two decades and my wife probably wouldn't be happy if I started.

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
I should buy a snowboard.
You should. Just look for sales. I got mine for $75 used at an REI "garage sale". It wasn't even used and they were still selling it inside for $499. I lucked out. You don't even need anything good. You won't be good enough to notice the difference for a long long time so a $100 board will perform the same as a $800 board.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You snowboard and don't know who Travis Rice is!? Shame!

Go watch some "The Art of Flight" and "The Fourth Phase".
Old 03-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Titty Sprinkles

That is a very cool town. Cool to see it with snow and less traffic than summer!

I have zero interest in winter stuff, but in the summer, Alpine Canyon on the Snake River is one of the best, approachable, class III+ runs out there. Crystal clear water, pool and drop rapids and easy enough to do shuttles if you bring a road bike. We rented a boat in town and had a blast.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JDMHN8 View Post
That is a very cool town. Cool to see it with snow and less traffic than summer!

I have zero interest in winter stuff, but in the summer, Alpine Canyon on the Snake River is one of the best, approachable, class III+ runs out there. Crystal clear water, pool and drop rapids and easy enough to do shuttles if you bring a road bike. We rented a boat in town and had a blast.
I bet the area is beautiful in the summertime. Here are a couple of pics of Snake River I snapped from last year.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Thanks man. If this was referencing my dad's situation....the facility still called me while I was on the mountain. Luckily it wasn't too bad, but still upsetting to get the call.
it's just good to get away to clear your head a bit, you worrying about getting your wife a steady flow of income, worrying about your dad, hoping for mom keeps a clear state of health bill. I don't even know I said that last one right.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Plead da Fif

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Anyone else hear Peter Griffin in their head while reading this?

Old 03-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you didn't send it off Corbet's Coulior, did you even go to Jackson?

Jk, looks like an awesome time. Jackson is on my bucket list too
Old 03-06-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightS14 View Post
If you didn't send it off Corbet's Coulior, did you even go to Jackson?

Jk, looks like an awesome time. Jackson is on my bucket list too
If I did go down that, you wouldn’t have seen these pics since I would have died.

But seriously, there was so much snow this time, the drop looked like you could just slide down.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow looks awesome! Definitely need to add that to my list of places to go. I've been to a few places in CO and Lake Tahoe out west so far. I've only been to Wyoming once to go to Yellowstone and we briefly visiting Jackson to see Tetons but I was to young to care.

I used to board (learned skiing first when I was really young, switched to board at 14, back to skies at 25) but I felt like it wasn't as enjoyable as skiing as you're always on your *** or messing with straps.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:39 PM
White Trash Wish Cash

Very nice pics. One of my best friends growing up lives in Jackson hole and is a photographer. Takes amazing pics.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow! Scenic! Thanks for sharing
Old 03-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Brrraaaap!

Looks amazing... The snow in AZ is nothing to write home about... Glad you had a great time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.