iPhone Multi SIM Functions - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone Multi SIM Functions

Old 11-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: iPhone Multi SIM Functions

Dads in 2018 with a work phone, personal phone, beeper, and hotspot all on their belt loop on suicide watch
Old 11-14-2018, 11:16 AM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by ScareyH22A View Post
You must be fun at parties.
I would bet a million dollars Im in the top 3 most fun people to party with in GDD
Old 11-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
Dads in 2018 with a work phone, personal phone, beeper, and hotspot all on their belt loop on suicide watch
Old 11-14-2018, 12:21 PM
GDD Lonely Krew

My understanding is the big 3 providers in the US are working on software updates for their eSIM support. As you said GK most likely to do with app integration. Personally I like the physical sim cards and dont know why Apple just wouldn't release that dual SIM tray version here but whatever I wouldn't buy Apple even if it meant going to an old feature phone again. Just my preference.

Very happy owner of a Samsung GS7 Edge for the last 3 years I think? Everything still original on it and not even a scratch in sight... Will be holding on to this one for some time until Samsung really steps up their game a lot on anything besides the camera.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post

I would bet a million dollars Im in the top 3 most fun people to party with in GDD
Right behind Ross?
Old 11-14-2018, 01:05 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by ScareyH22A View Post

Right behind Ross?
Ross vs zman at a party

0-.1 BAC
zman- just cant stop losing in beer pong, switches to liquor after a few games
ross - politics, religion, bullshit small talk nobody interested in

.1-.2 BAC
zman - puts on 90s rap music, loud AF, starts dancing, starts doing tons of shot, breaks out the blow, the weed, maybe busts rosss ***** a little
ross - politics, cars, more small talk, starts getting isolated, bored, awkward

.2-.3 BAC
zman - doing more shots. Goes to bathroom, pukes, starts partying again, cheats on wife by accident, starts tackle football game
ross - ******* takes a butcher knife, chops down a tree, brings it inside, and starts doing parkour off it. Shoves a full beer can in his *** on a $100 bet, ***** it out on some passed out guy face. Tries to jump off the roof parkour style, breaks his leg, hops on one foot the rest of the night. Writes his name in blow and snorts it for his first time, and then comes in trying to double team the chick Im banging, and I say what the hell why not and we pound this girl together. Rosss ***** keep touching mine and Im like wtf dude stop, and he doesnt listen at all because he is just pounding away and saying crazy stuff like you like that dick you ******* *****. Rosss broken leg starts bleeding from bone penetration and eventually he has to be forced to go to the ER. He wont let anyone take him so we call an ambulance. Ross starts a fist fight with the 250lb EMT and the emt just uppercuts him unconcious. Ross goes to the ER handcuffed and police arrest him at the hospital.

so yeah Id beat ross until like a .25, then hed crush me
Old 11-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Old 11-14-2018, 03:41 PM
I like to party

Holy **** now that sounds like a ******' party.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Oracle of GDD

Ross vs zman at a party

0-.1 BAC
zman- just cant stop losing in beer pong, switches to liquor after a few games
ross - politics, religion, bullshit small talk nobody interested in

.1-.2 BAC
zman - puts on 90s rap music, loud AF, starts dancing, starts doing tons of shot, breaks out the blow, the weed, maybe busts rosss ***** a little
ross - politics, cars, more small talk, starts getting isolated, bored, awkward

.2-.3 BAC
zman - doing more shots. Goes to bathroom, pukes, starts partying again, cheats on wife by accident, starts tackle football game
ross - ******* takes a butcher knife, chops down a tree, brings it inside, and starts doing parkour off it. Shoves a full beer can in his *** on a $100 bet, ***** it out on some passed out guy face. Tries to jump off the roof parkour style, breaks his leg, hops on one foot the rest of the night. Writes his name in blow and snorts it for his first time, and then comes in trying to double team the chick Im banging, and I say what the hell why not and we pound this girl together. Rosss ***** keep touching mine and Im like wtf dude stop, and he doesnt listen at all because he is just pounding away and saying crazy stuff like you like that dick you ******* *****. Rosss broken leg starts bleeding from bone penetration and eventually he has to be forced to go to the ER. He wont let anyone take him so we call an ambulance. Ross starts a fist fight with the 250lb EMT and the emt just uppercuts him unconcious. Ross goes to the ER handcuffed and police arrest him at the hospital.

so yeah Id beat ross until like a .25, then hed crush me
Man, I randomly checked this thread, did not expect to find this. Lofl

I'm not a big guy so Drink 1 has me nice and relaxed. I'm a toucher, so by Drink 2 I'll have my arm around whoever I'm talking to and might hug them or kiss them on the head. Drink 3 is where I need to stop, if I have more than 3 I'll likely be unable to drive and will probably need to lie down for a bit.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:53 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

because you can't use both at the same time?

Having dual sims purpose is so the user does not need to carry two phones. Many people out there would love to separate their business calls from their personal calls using two different numbers but don't want to carry around two phones.

Also law enforcement can track you via IMEI, so not sure why drug dealers are swapping out sims.
Google and other companies provide software to have two lines on your phone and let you know if they are calling your business phone or your personal phone. Multiple sims not needed.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:59 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
Google and other companies provide software to have two lines on your phone and let you know if they are calling your business phone or your personal phone. Multiple sims not needed.
you ever tried it? I spent like 2 ******* days trying to set that up and Im not a tech retard

Its an implementation nightmare and nothing just works like you want it to
Old 11-14-2018, 06:06 PM

you ever tried it? I spent like 2 ******* days trying to set that up and Im not a tech retard

Its an implementation nightmare and nothing just works like you want it to
Kinda clunky, but it is getting better from what I have heard. Im old school so I just do the two phone thing, but friends swear by it. They know which business it is for just by looking on the screen before answering
Old 11-14-2018, 08:25 PM
I like to party

Google voice sucks, and doesn't support MMS.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
Google voice sucks, and doesn't support MMS.
There is also grasshopper which works very well.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:52 AM
Grandpa

People (at Apple support sites) are reporting that AT&T voice support personnel are responding to requests for QR codes by asking what version iOS you have. If you admit you are on 12.1.1 beta, then they will facilitate your acquiring one of the blue SIM cards with the QR code, right up to and including calling the store to make sure that you can get one.

That's encouraging.

Looks like the mass release of eSIM QR codes will happen when there's an official GM of 12.1.1.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:56 AM
Grandpa

I was able to get an eSIM from T-Mobile by just saying to a support person online that I wanted a SIM swap, and giving him the EID instead of the SIM number.

As soon as you say you've got the confirmation code, the physical SIM goes dead and you have to do the URL hack to turn on the eSIM.

But it's working just fine so far.

Just a heads up, though, that if you restore your iPhone from a backup, your eSIM remains active. If you've moving to a new iPhone you have to delete the cellular plan associated with your eSIM before you restore your iPhone or delete it to sell.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:06 AM
El Chico

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Has anybody moved to an iPhone XS or XS Max?

The multi-SIM function is interesting.

You can have several phone numbers and plans that are uploaded via QR code to eSIM, in addition to a physical SIM.

Whatever plan is on the eSIM is the data plan. You don't have to have a physical SIM at all, but if you do the plan on the eSIM and the plan on the physical SIM are active at the same time, and the phone will show you two different provider names and signal strength meters.

You cannot have two eSIM active at the same time, but it's very easy to do something like turn off your work plan's eSIM, turn on your second plan and go on with life.
We now use this at work to avoid carrying two devices for work and personal use. It's nice.

We've had it for a while but it was more software defined previously.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:21 AM
Grandpa

AT&T uses QR codes on blue physical SIM cards to get your number on an eSIM, right?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 AM
I like to party

Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
We now use this at work to avoid carrying two devices for work and personal use. It's nice.

We've had it for a while but it was more software defined previously.

Do you mind me asking what MDM your work is using, and whether it manages the personal line on the phone as well as the work line?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 AM
eight equals equals equals D

No.

You're never, never going to use an iPhone for serious crime.

If I told you why, it'd only start an argument. :-)
So all criminals are in the know on the latest apple technology? interesting.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:31 AM
El Chico

AT&T uses QR codes on blue physical SIM cards to get your number on an eSIM, right?
Correct.

Do you mind me asking what MDM your work is using, and whether it manages the personal line on the phone as well as the work line?
Internally developed by Labs, not sure I can share the name publicly.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:34 AM
I like to party

Gotcha. That'll satisfy me.

I've been doing research on this because I know it's just a matter of time before someone at work comes up with a personal one of these and demands I migrate their work number to it. I need to be prepared lol.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:16 AM
El Chico

But it does manage both and can switch back and forth easily/seamlessly.

Porting the numbers would still fall to whichever carrier owns it. So shouldn't cause you an issue.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:16 AM
Grandpa

Still nobody using eSIM and multiple cellular plans on one iPhone?

0_o

I'm surprised.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Grandpa

... I know it's just a matter of time before someone at work comes up with a personal one of these and demands I migrate their work number to it. I need to be prepared lol.
It's just a SIM swap, basically. Not hard at all.

Verizon has an application for it, and AT&T will send you a card with a QR code (or pick one up in a store).

T-Mobile has an application for prepaid lines, or you can call or visit the support page and pretend you're doing a SIM swap but give the EID instead of a physical SIM number. Most support people won't even ask a question when you give the EID.

Then when you give them the confirmation number they've texted you, the physical SIM dies, and there is a URL you enter for the SM-DP+ address, and you're done.

You must have data connectivity when you do it, of course, so keep WiFi turned on, and of course you must remove the dead physical SIM.

T-Mobile makes it harder than anybody else, because they say it's causing problems for them. I think that most of these problems were related to things nothing to do with an eSIM. Things like the buggy connectivity inadvertently rolled out with the iOS 12.1.2 update, things like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.