The Inevitable Attack On North Korea - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion


General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #51
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
At some point China will stop giving a ****. I wonder how close we are to that point.
Getting closer everyday I think. China recently stopped buying coal from North Korea.

NK is getting squeezed from every angle.
xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #52
Hookers and blow
 
dipsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GS15 Classified
Posts: 6,253
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

dude imagine what will happen when north koreans finally get access to post 1980's ****.... gonna set up a tissue and lotion factory in NK after the regime falls.

hella profit.
dipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:41 AM   #53
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Getting closer everyday I think. China recently stopped buying coal from North Korea.

NK is getting squeezed from every angle.
Something that we don't talk about very much is that, although China doesn't bristle and brandish like some countries, they do mean business.

They've been ratcheting it up for a very long time, and the last thing that China wants to see is US Forces north of the border again, because of some stupid North Korean bluster.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #54
Tickle-shits
 
Tokyosmash!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: East Africa
Posts: 3,884
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

I can't help but ponder that China eventually will get tired of being associated with them, then we will see what they pull in desperation.

They are a lot of things, a pushover in open warfare though, I don't think they will be.
Tokyosmash! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #55
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
...the last thing that China wants to see is US Forces north of the border again...
I never thought of that.

Taking into account the number of US assets in the region, I can understamd why Beijing is a little nervous


xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:25 AM   #56
Cogent Argument Enthusiast
 
Uncle Ben's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Completing my training with my Supreme Leader
Posts: 8,017
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Why did China and NK have to move their countries so close to US military bases?
Uncle Ben's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:33 AM   #57
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Try to imagine if China had military bases that close to the US, in Canada and Mexico.


xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #58
Tickle-shits
 
Tokyosmash!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: East Africa
Posts: 3,884
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

China has bases close to more than a few US bases abroad, much to the chagrin of the US.
Tokyosmash! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #59
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Try to imagine if China had military bases that close to the US, in Canada and Mexico.
I understand your point, but will presume to counter that it is historically naive to propose such a premise.

This arose out of history. Go back to the Spanish American War, then spring through World War I and World War II, and the answer is in those three wars. To some extent, our presence that far back was a check on an otherwise irresistible British imperial hegemony...we felt they'd gone out into the Pacific far enough, and they should be happy with Malaysia and New Guinea and just stop there.

Skipping to World War II, remember that we supported the Kuomintang, not the Maoists.

It took us a long, long time to accept the Beijing was the legitimate government of China, and for the longest time we were part of a movement that supposed that at some point the Chinese people on the mainland would rise up and welcome an invasion by Chiang's Kuomintang forces from Taiwan.

We were taking many steps along the way to ensure that there could be no Chinese Communist breakout into the Pacific.

Now we're sort of stuck as geopolitical, global checks on a burgeoning Chinese power.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #60
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Taking into account the number of US assets in the region, I can understamd why Beijing is a little nervous
Moving powerful and technologically progressive antimissile defenses so close to China raises the stakes.

They know why we're doing it...but those systems are obviously a threat to China as well as North Korea. It can't be helped.

China wants to know why we don't break down and talk with the North Korean government.

How do you feel about that?

Do you think it is time for the United States to stop trying to impose new sanctions and sit down with North Korea, the premise being: You must stop your nuclear and ballistic programmes. What do you need from the United States to make that happen?

Would you want to do that?
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #61
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post

China wants to know why we don't break down and talk with the North Korean government.

How do you feel about that?

I don't know. Maybe if I understood the reason(s) why dialog isn't taking place



Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post


Do you think it is time for the United States to stop trying to impose new sanctions and sit down with North Korea, the premise being:



You must stop your nuclear and ballistic programmes. What do you need from the United States to make that happen?

Would you want to do that?


I think it's best we continue on our present course, an inevitable offensive attack
xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #62
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

0_o

Not sure if serious.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #63
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

What North Korea needs very desperately is all kinds of staple corns, although the North Korean line claims that nobody is starving.

Canada and the United States could help them out very easily with excess maize and wheat.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #64
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
0_o

Not sure if serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
...North Korean line claims that nobody is starving.
Quite serious.

Because before I die, I'd like to see one other fat North Korean.
xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:17 AM   #65
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Quite serious.

Because before I die, I'd like to see one other fat North Korean.
I had no idea. For some reason I'd always assumed you were northern Chinese, as in maybe Manchurian.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #66
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
I had no idea. For some reason I'd always assumed you were northern Chinese, as in maybe Manchurian.





I'm thinking of an initial barrage of naval cruise missiles targeting medium and long range NK artillery along the border.

Then a combination of F-16s and F-15s targeting SAMs, power and comms.

By then, the long range missiles should have reached their targets, NK missile silos/stationary missile launch stations.


xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 AM   #67
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Hey, I never said I was smart.

The military assault, it's still hard to believe you're not tongue in cheek, but I don't think that's a good idea.

I'd go for asymmetric attack if we're really interested in that.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #68
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

I'm a bit rough around the edges.

Strike first. Strike hard.
xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #69
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
I'm a bit rough around the edges.

Strike first. Strike hard.
ECM attack on major facilities and industrial centres, cut off from outside world, assasinate leadership, tell China to get in there and annex the damned place.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #70
Grandpa
 
George Knighton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,629
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #71
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
ECM attack on major facilities and industrial centres
That seems to be a long term strategic move that I don't find necessary because of NK's inability to sustain a drawn out battle.

Attrition is such a boring tactic
xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #72
-Intl Steve Krew
 
Caoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 3,599
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

ITT GK is the subconscious racist old white man that thinks all Asians are Chinese

I don't understand why SK (or US) don't smuggle in propaganda, iPhones and food and get the people to rise up against the regime.
​​
​​​​​
Caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #73
HT White Ops
 
rochesterricer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rochester, MN, US
Posts: 10,807
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Quite serious.

Because before I die, I'd like to see one other fat North Korean.
Interesting. Are you NK by lineage or did you and your family manage to escape that place when you were younger?
rochesterricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #74
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,631
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochesterricer View Post
Interesting. Are you NK by lineage or did you and your family manage to escape that place when you were younger?
Before I die, I'd also like to see a fat Somali




Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
1st world problems:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Crazy idea of filling a plane with food and shipping it to Somalia to help with the famine.

$1 million dollars in 23 hours

https://www.gofundme.com/LOVEARMYFORSOMALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
$1.2 million dollars.

xtrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #75
HT White Ops
 
rochesterricer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rochester, MN, US
Posts: 10,807
Default Re: The Inevitable Attack On North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac1 View Post
Before I die, I'd also like to see a fat Somali
Ah, I see. Well you can already see a fat NK, he just happens to be leading the country. I'm betting some of his generals are pretty hefty too.

Want to see a fat Somali? Come to Minnesota
rochesterricer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weapon of Choice xtrac1 General Discussion and Debate 15 05-07-2017 07:17 AM
World's Most Visited City xtrac1 General Discussion and Debate 30 04-20-2017 03:49 PM
2017 Mazda 3 xtrac1 General Discussion and Debate 45 04-20-2017 02:53 PM
2018 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE TRACKHAWK xtrac1 General Discussion and Debate 72 04-12-2017 08:12 AM
07-08 TL Type-S OEM Headlights for sale hcv1122 For Sale 1 03-08-2017 05:32 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:43 PM.