Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im REALLY starting to hate driving....

Old 07-12-2004, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im REALLY starting to hate driving....

heres my rant.. Ill try to keep it short

Last tuesday, coming back from tahoe for the 4th of july I got pulled over, driving my girlfriends civic.. Doing 83 in a 65 (highway 80, coming down the mountain cruising in 5th, your speed really catches up) by a chp camaro. Well, I cant say I didnt have it coming, I just happened to get caught out of everyone else on the road. So, That was the beginning of my shitty week. THe next day I go to the DMV to fight a smog certification notice I got in the mail for when I re register my car; I just had my car smogged last feburary when I purchased it, and had the sheet to prove it. Apparantly, you have to have your car smogged when you buy it, then a year after that, then its every 2 years from there... WTF! That makes NO sense, it should be 1)you get your car smogged 2)every two years regardless. So, I stand in line at the dmv for 30 minutes with screaming babies, only to find out I need to renew my liscense, which requires a SEPERATE line, and another 45 minute wait. So I do that and decide to take my motorcycle test while im there for my permit. Well, long story short, i take it, pass, then get my motorcycle permit only to find out they thought I was planning on getting my liscense, and they were going to send me the regular liscense with the motorcycle liscense as one. So now I have a temporary DL, and a MC permit.. And im going to have to go back there and straigten that crap out (I stormed out of the DMV at that point) Oh, i frogot to mention... Sac State has a outstanding parking ticket for me at the DMV which I PAID and they never told the DMV, so i have to take care of that as well

Well, now i need to A) get my car smogged B) go to the dmv and show them I smogged it and then tell them I just want a regular DL seperate from the permit C) take care of the stupid parking ticker

So theres enough stress, and to add to it I got pulled over by the CHP AGAIN.. IN TOWN. (twice in one week).. Heres the story:

Im going down the road through town on my way to work, minding my own buisness, driving at the speed limit breaking no laws and I see a chp car going the opposite way. I see him make an illegeal U turn in the middle of the road, gun it and catch up to me. Im thinking "CHRIST! What the hell did I do now?!?" SO hes following me all through town, Im driving perfectly, and about 2 miles down the road im getting tired of himm being behind me so I signal and turn left down the next road thinking hed stop following me. WRONG, he turns on the solid redlights and I see them, and just say **** it im gonna pull over when I want to. I go thru the parking lot, stop, get out of my car and walk towards the bagel shop pretending not to even see him. He says "uhh did you not see my pull you over?" im like "oh I didnt notice, i was just pulling in here to get out of your way" So apparantly, he made a U turn and followed me thru town because I had no front plate. He then proceeds to ask all kinds of questions about my car (IE any performance stuff?) and I just tell him theres cosmetic stuff. He wants me to pop my hood, and I oblige only because I know he doesnt have **** on me (carb legal aem intake) I point to the intake and say "LOOK! CARB EXEMPT" He keeps asking me what I have done until I finally say "Listen, If I want to go fast I have a 400 hp javelin sitting in my garage, ill take that out OK" Then, of course I couldnt find my insuranse and registration bullshit because of the crap at the dmv, and its all misplaced. So he says hes going to give me a ticket for now front plate and im like "I dont know where the plate is, I just bought it like this, besides theres no place to mount it" (I shaved the brackets) Well, hes like "well thats because thats an aftermarket bumper" Dumbshit, its a stock bumper you moron. Thats the last thing I need, a fixit ticket for this kind of BS. If I Could dop it over agian, id walk around every car in that parking lot pointing out ones w/o plates and tell him I expect him to write a ticket for all those, in all fairness. What a tool, just because he has a small dick doesnt mean hes got the right to follow people through town who arent breaking any laws and harass them..
theres more, but Im sure this is already boring enough for you guys
thanks for listening to my rant
-steve
Old 07-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im REALLY starting to hate driving.... (toohott4handlin)

omg you went through hell.
omg i just went through hell reading it. my eyes hurt.

honestly, it's just a sequence of a bad string of events. you could be in a worse position. and damn the dmv, at least most places have working ac's now. imagine screaming babies, stinky armpits, and no ac. dear lord.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Im REALLY starting to hate driving.... (Nihonjin)

LOL, the worst part about the dmv was I was at the post office for an hour before that.. then the bank right before that. I was about to kill myself.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:42 PM

damn dude that sucks! i got pulled over by CHP in a residential neighborhood! those pigs! For my front windows being tinted. I was going to do an illegal U Turn, but i saw him coming, so i pulled into someone's driveway and backed up and the ****** blocked me in. Can't beat ur story tho
Old 07-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toohott4handlin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What a tool, just because he has a small dick doesnt mean hes got the right to follow people through town who arent breaking any laws and harass them.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

having no front license plate is illegal.
when you dont have one, you're breaking the law.

half these ridiculous 'omg, i'm being racial profiled. omg, they pulled me over for no reason.' stories result from not having a front license plate.

PUT YOUR LICENSE PLATES ON PEOPLE. is it really that cool to take them off? is it really that necessary.

if you don't have one (in this case)....then go to the DMV and get one.
it's really not that difficult.

most of this could have been avoided.

how come the first cop that pulled you over didn't mention the no front plate?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.